Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MEXICO CITY - Schools across Mexico are teaching students to dive to the floor and cover their heads as urban gunfights between drug gangs multiply in the violence-torn country.

Mexico's drug violence leads schools to teach students to dodge bullets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,807 times
Guns are not allowed in Mexico. If you carry a gun there, and do nothing with it and the police notice you have one they will send you to prison for 25 years.

Guns are prohibited in Mexico. On the other hand, here in the U.S. Any 21 year old college student can purchase a powerful rifle and start killing people on campus.

You have the RIGHT to bear arms according to the U.S. Constitution, meaning that any person could have a weapon in your local Neighborhood.

Btw, that website (your source) is not trustworthy.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Guns are not allowed in Mexico. If you carry a gun there, and do nothing with it and the police notice you have one they will send you to prison for 25 years.

Guns are prohibited in Mexico. On the other hand, here in the U.S. Any 21 year old college student can purchase a powerful rifle and start killing people on campus.

You have the RIGHT to bear arms according to the U.S. Constitution, meaning that any person could have a weapon in your local Neighborhood.

Btw, that website (your source) is not trustworthy.

Which country do you think it's safer to be a tourist in? Personally, I'm glad we have the right to bear arms.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Which country do you think it's safer to be a tourist in? Personally, I'm glad we have the right to bear arms.

Well....let's see here....

Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Makes sense, but the corrupt MEXICALI POLICIO, carry guns, beginning to see this picture.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times
Quote:
Guns are not allowed in Mexico.
Yes, guns are allowed in Mexico. Mexican citizens have the right to bear arms - but foreigners don't.
New Year's Eve is always ushered in with a blaze of gunfire into the air.

Article 10. The inhabitants of the United Mexican States have a right to arms in their homes, for security and legitimate defense, with exception of those prohibited by Federal Law and those reserved for the exclusive use of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard.
Article 11 of Ley Federal de Armas de Fuego y Explosivos lists prohibited "military firearms" in Mexico.
-anything full-auto
-any semi-auto handgun larger than 380 (e.g., 9mm, .38 Super, or larger)
-any revolver in .357 Magnum or larger
-any rifle in larger than .30 caliber
-any shotgun larger than 12ga or with a barrel shorter than 25".

Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times
Quote:
MEXICO CITY - Schools across Mexico are teaching students to dive to the floor and cover their heads as urban gunfights between drug gangs multiply in the violence-torn country.
American schools have lockdown drills. How is this different?

Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'd wonder about your connection between your idealized vision of safety and mass gun ownership. Our murder rate in the U.S. is actually quite high in comparison to other industrialized nations in the world and many of those do not allow for Uneducated Joe Blow to own himself 5 rifles and an uzi.

Myself, I feel comfortable in my surroundings despite the fact that our citizens are allowed unbelievable freedoms concerning guns, not because of it.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:56 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
American schools have lockdown drills. How is this different?
I was going to say, my kids go through the same drills at their public school. Too many psychos with weapons trying to mow down their classmates.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:30 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

Guns are prohibited in Mexico.
Doesn't seem to stop narcos from obtaining them and proceeding to blow away cops, officials, civilians, etc.

Quote:
On the other hand, here in the U.S. Any 21 year old college student can purchase a powerful rifle and start killing people on campus.
Actually, in most states, any 18 year old who doesn't have a violent crime conviction or felony can purchase a powerful rifle and let it sit in their closet, take it out and shoot some targets, and maybe go hunting, which is what 99.9% of all gun owners do with their guns.

Quote:
Pretty much. I'm one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies