Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
1) Yes, we are NYC. And please tell me, who is 'we?'

2) So you think because that we live on SI, our injured and dead don't matter? My father who survived '93, and the 4 co-workers, unborn baby and other two victims don't matter? My friend's husband and the father of her three children don't matter? Her sister-in-law doesn't matter? My class mate who left a 6-week-old baby doesn't matter? My brother's co-worker, a paramedic doesn't matter? I could go on for a long time, but I'll stop there.
I'm saying YOU don't matter. Because you don't. The victims certainly matter, and not all of them were in NYC.

You don't matter because you aren't going to be able to stop this Mosque from happening. There isn't a thing you can do about it. Nothing.

Don't take that part of this personal. What I think doesn't matter either. It's going to happen whether anyone here wants it or not. There were Muslims there before the Trade Center was built. They were there when it was in place, they were there when it was destroyed, and they will be there going forward. Until any one of them gives anyone a reason to stop them from doing what their freedoms say they can do, they must be left alone...

Otherwise, when we talk about things like FREEDOM and LIBERTY and JUSTICE for ALL, it's just a bunch of words. There are people here who would love to say that it's all just a bunch of words anyway. Those are the people we should be fighting, not the Muslims who aren't doing anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 03:41 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,332,972 times
If I lived in NYC, I would picket the mosque. Maybe put a little cartoon of Mohammed on my sign.

A much earlier thread mentioned people morning over lost loved ones at ground zero, and then hearing the Islamic call to prayer. Oh my goodness, that must be terrible to hear.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:43 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
If I lived in NYC, I would picket the mosque. Maybe put a little cartoon of Mohammed on my sign.

A much earlier thread mentioned people morning over lost loved ones at ground zero, and then hearing the Islamic call to prayer. Oh my goodness, that must be terrible to hear.
Not if you're a muslim mourning the loss of your loved one

Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post

I doubt anyone will be able to hear a call to prayer at a mosque two blocks north on Park Place while standing at the National 911 Memorial with One World Trade Center between them. There already have been 62,000 cubic yards of concrete poured and 12,000 tons of steel installed for the building, and it's not nearly finished yet. If you think you're going to distinguish the voice of one man from that distance through all that, you've got talent.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:11 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,030,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I doubt anyone will be able to hear a call to prayer at a mosque two blocks north on Park Place while standing at the National 911 Memorial with One World Trade Center between them. There already have been 62,000 cubic yards of concrete poured and 12,000 tons of steel installed for the building, and it's not nearly finished yet. If you think you're going to distinguish the voice of one man from that distance through all that, you've got talent.
It's two very short blocks. Considering that the pools will be open to the outside, and calls to prayer can be very loud, it is extremely possible that visitors to the memorial will hear them.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,111 times
I love how this has gone from "They're building a Mosque at the 911 site!!!" to "it's possible that visitors to the memorial will hear them!!!"

In due time, when they're not bothering anybody, and nobody hears them at all, the complaint will be "Why can't we hear what they're doing in there? What's going on in that place? What's the big secret?"

I am not pro-Muslim. I am pro-American. That means religious freedom for everybody as long as they aren't doing anything illegal. If these specific people are doing something illegal, post it, and I will change my position on the spot. They're ALREADY here. Whether I like them or not is not an issue. I do believe that we should be very concerned about radical Islam. I haven't seen a connection between these people and the radicals. If it's there, show me. I'm not afraid to admit that I've been wrong. The problem is, when you start telling people they can't be in one place, you stop being what we are supposed to be. And where does it end?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
It's two very short blocks. Considering that the pools will be open to the outside, and calls to prayer can be very loud, it is extremely possible that visitors to the memorial will hear them.
It will be almost impossible. And I'm disappointed that in order to make your point you chose to post an aerial view of the site that must be at least six years old.

There are enough nitwits out there who still think no construction is going on.

World Trade Center Image Gallery

Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It will be almost impossible. And I'm disappointed that in order to make your point you chose to post an aerial view of the site that must be at least six years old.

There are enough nitwits out there who still think no construction is going on.

World Trade Center Image Gallery
It's just a shot I took from a site that showed where the mosque will be.

Anyone who wants to see the progress of the building can find it.

www.projectrebirth.org

Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 AM

Maybe this one will make you feel better.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Maybe this one will make you feel better.
OK, that's better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies