Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I disagree. When people see "Obama's approval rating", most of them don't distinguish between Rasmussen's methods and most of the other polling companies' methods.

It's okay, though. You like/lick/worship Rasmussen, and I prefer to take a more comprehensive and discerning view of the major polls.

Hey, I rely on the poll which accurately predict who will be governing the country. If you have some fascination in trivia (meaningless data, people who don't vote are meaningless in our political process) I suggest you follow Research 2000.

By the way the polls you prefer are the very antithesis of discerning.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/discerning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,225 times
Quote:
masturbation
you said a bad word

Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
This is why Liberals are such bad problem solvers. They like to work a problem based on what they want reality to be, not on the actual facts of the matter.
No, dear. It's called "consider the source". If you think that Rasmussen is the only poll worth trusting, then you're guilty of the very mentality you're accusing liberals of having.

I know what I'm getting with Rasmussen. They have an odd way of collecting data and presenting their poll results.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
No, dear. It's called "consider the source". If you think that Rasmussen is the only poll worth trusting, then you're guilty of the very mentality you're accusing liberals of having.

I know what I'm getting with Rasmussen. They have an odd way of collecting data and presenting their poll results.
So does MSNBC

Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Hey, I rely on the poll which accurately predict who will be governing the country.
You continue to say that, but there's a big difference between a poll that predicts the outcome of an election and a poll that is simply an opinion poll. Rasmussen doesn't have to worry about being accurate in their opinion polls because there's nothing to confirm or verify their results. Get it?

Rasmussen does need to be concerned about their accuracy when they know that there will be an election which will confirm or deny their findings. With an opinion poll, there's nothing to verify their results, so they can say anything they want, and it really doesn't matter.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Personally I don't click on any polls put out by Rasmussen anymore.
You don't have the guts to do that, huh?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Gallup acceptable to any of the lefties here?

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
The really funny part of this is that their numbers are so much like those from Rasmussen. I guess this limits the number of polls these people can look at to two less.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I would never go with one or two poll... I would go with a conglomerate of polls... any one poll is going to have a bias (i.e. lie)... here is a website that gives the averages of a bunch of polls...

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

46% approve and 48% disapprove (for the lazy)...
Well yeah, but those are the numbers of Rasmussen and the others.

I don't mean anything bad but Rasmussen was the closest poll to the outcome of the 2008 election and yet lefties can't stand that.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Gallup is usually in line with RCP's average, unlike Rasmussen who are normally
about 10 points lower than the rest, including FOX.
How do you know all this when you never look at Rasmussen? You said that, you know?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
and am I to assume old faithful is you? or a park in Wyoming
You watch who is the first person on almost every thread I post. Yep it is old meson that is the faithful one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies