Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Nothing! He his just giving them precisely what they want. Pretty much the same as why McDonalds sells a Big Mac. It has nothing at all to do with anything of value, simply, a way to make money.
I detest Big Macs and never buy them. Well I never go to McDonalds either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
or course you are.
That is the second time in about 4 posts that I have been called dirtbag in the open. I guess this is your warning that I report the next time you call me a name like that.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'll be there (on 8/28)

And the last I looked, MLK day was earlier in the year

Beck is not trying to stir things up

But others sure are
For some reason these people think that King's speech that day is very important. This has nothing to do with his birthday. Now all from the right have to select the days when King didn't make a speech to do anything. THEY don't respect King, just the days he gave certain speeches.

I bet a number of these people would go wild if I said that 55 years ago today the Congress declared that the words "In God We Trust" should be put on our coins. Duck, here they come.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:51 PM

128 posts, read 95,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Of course he did. He is a punk. A big overgrown, crying punk.
Don't be a popinjay! Beck is about reteaching history as it really happened and explains what direction the country is heading? He points out who the bad guys are and states nothing, but facts. I have no clue to why so many liberals want him to shut up. What are afraid of??? if you don't enjoy credible political history then simple don't watch him. I think Beck is great as well as many others do also. Just look at his ratings!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I detest Big Macs and never buy them. Well I never go to McDonalds either.
How can you detest Big Macs if you never ate one, they're only sold at McDonalds
and according to your own words you never go there?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not talking about MLK day, which is in January, BTW. The point of contention is the date of this pivotal speech:

YouTube - Martin Luther King, Jr.: I Have a Dream

Beck is always trying to stir things up. Otherwise, why would he bill his rally as an attempt to 'reclaim' the Civil Rights movement, particularly since there is not word-one on his website about any such thing? And note that he made this ridiculous statement almost two months ago. More than enough time to update the website:

Beck says his 8-28 rally will "reclaim the civil rights movement. ... We were the people that did it in the first place" | Media Matters for America
Are you sure that MM is telling the truth about Beck's website? You haven't been there, but are willing to take the word of MM about anything having to do with Beck. Do you have any idea why MM was created and still being paid for by George Soros?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:56 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSC View Post
Don't be a popinjay! Beck is about reteaching history as it really happened and explains what direction the country is heading? He points out who the bad guys are and states nothing, but facts. I have no clue to why so many liberals want him to shut up. What are afraid of??? if you don't enjoy credible political history then simple don't watch him. I think Beck is great as well as many others do also. Just look at his ratings!
He lost one third of his viewers in less than a year, what does that tell you?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSC View Post
atizar never watches Beck. All his namecalling comes from MM, HuffPo, and Kos where he gets all his info about Beck. I say this because he has me on ignore but at least he had the guts to tell me about it and all the other progs here who have done that never had that much guts.

I like this guy because you can discuss with him as long as Beck isn't included. It was over Beck that he put me on ignore.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
How can you detest Big Macs if you never ate one, they're only sold at McDonalds
and according to your own words you never go there?
I have been to McDonalds plenty of times in the past. I just stopped going there when my kids grew up and mom and I didn't like that kind of food. In the old days I ate their fish sandwiches because I liked them, but I developed the dislike for Big Macs in the 1960s and never have tried one since then.

Nice try, but I didn't read where I said I never have gone to McDonalds. I guess it was the hot coffee they have that turned me off.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
He lost one third of his viewers in less than a year, what does that tell you?
Beck did get up to about 3 million viewers a day or two but recently has been fluctuating between 1.5 million and 2 million from day to day. I guess you dont know what hour of day he is on, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies