Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I see you take CBS news as the gospel of news reporting. There more than 87,000 surrounding the pool alone. Did you even bother to watch any of it?
"Westergard's company has done aerial imaging for the U.S. border patrol, the Department of Homeland Security, companies building skyscrapers and cell phone companies trying to decide where to build their towers, among others.

"'People hire us to get a really detailed view of what's on the ground,' he said."

Quote:
Organizers claimed 500k so if we split the difference (which is the inteligent thing to do) then it is closer to 300k.
No, gotta do a professional honest job, not Frau Bachmann's "1.5 million" and "split the difference" and "inteligent".

Quote:
I didn't know that MLK's dream was in need of restoration. Has it been lost? Are you saying that you didn't watch any of it but you know it wasn't a positive thing? How is that even possible?

I didn't know that it was billed at MLK's day? Does that mean that he owns 2 days a year now? Doe's it mean that nobody should hold any type of rally on that day unless it's only in MLK's honor? Pretty amazing that his neice would involve herself so adamantly with Beck's rally then. It's also amazing to me that you, who obviouslt didn't watch it, could even attempt to tell anyone who did, what it was or wasn't about. But then I suppose you know more about civil rights then Alveda King as well?

MLKs message is for everyone, not just a person of color.

Do you simply hate anything anyone has to say if it's a positive thing about something you know nothing about? Ignorance must certainly be bliss.
Oh, my God. If you truly dont understand why August 28 at the Lincoln Memorial is a sensitive subject for black people in this country, just dont even bother to try to find out. It will not work. I can tell you right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, my God. If you truly dont understand why August 28 at the Lincoln Memorial is a sensitive subject for black people in this country, just dont even bother to try to find out. It will not work. I can tell you right now.
Kind of odd that until Beck's rally nothing was planned....

Seems like an almost HOLY day for some people....

Interesting that you consider the message of MLK to be the 'property of blacks', says a lot about you.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Kind of odd that until Beck's rally nothing was planned....

Seems like an almost HOLY day for some people....

Interesting that you consider the message of MLK to be the 'property of blacks', says a lot about you.
I explained to you above -- if GB were a social justice (in the old days it was called "civil rights," when it had to actually be fought over and finally codified) activist that would be one thing. Sorry if you cant understand.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Not sure where I said that, can you quote it?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I explained to you above -- if GB were a social justice (in the old days it was called "civil rights," when it had to actually be codified) activist that would be one thing. Sorry if you cant understand.
I find emotion driven postings difficult to understand...

So how many rallies were held last year to honor this great and holiest of days???
LOL....

Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Not sure where I said that, can you quote it?
Why would the day be "sensitive to blacks" and not sensitive to any other race?

Is this date something that only blacks can revere?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I find emotion driven postings difficult to understand...
Unless it's about your taxes....

Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
You are the one that lost wht he said on that day.

Quote "This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -MLK 8-28-63

Quote "The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny." -MLK 8-28-63

Aren't the progressives the ones who are trying to flare racism to meet their ends?

Quote "I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers." MLK 8-28-63

How about taking our hands instead of claiming we are racists because I assure you we are not.

Quote "And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" -MLK 8-28-63

Why are you still spitting in the faces of people who believe what MLK stood for, based on the color of our skin? Aren't you doing exactly what MLK stood against?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Why would the day be "sensitive to blacks"?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You are the one that lost wht he said on that day.

Quote "This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -MLK 8-28-63

"The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny." -MLK 8-28-63

Aren't the progressives the ones who are trying to flare racism to meet their ends?

[LEFT][SIZE=2]Quote "I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers." MLK 8-28-63[/SIZE]

How about taking our hands instead of claiming we are racists because I assure you we are not.

[SIZE=2]"And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Free at last! Free at last![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" -MLK 8-28-63[/SIZE]

Why are you still spitting in the faces of people who believe what MLK stood for based on the color of our skin? Aren't you doing exactly what MLK stood against?[/LEFT]
You are indeed correct,those on the left have totally lost the point of his message, but then it is in their best interest to keep things divisive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies