Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Whose idea was the war, Medicare part D, and tax cuts to the wealthy?

?
who's ideas was the war????? that would be the terrorists that attacked us...and ALL OF CONGRESS republican and democrat...the senate was an even split (sat at 50d and 50 r), and the house split was only 9 seats.....and was authorized by the UN
medicared...passed the house by 5 votes and the senate by 5 votes...was a real close one

tax cuts for thew wealthy....a liberal LIE.. the tax cuts were for EVERYONE and the credits were for ONLY those under 180k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Well Bush sure did spend like a drunken sailor and we are stuck with the bill he ran up!
You're right. So can I assume that you're not comfortable with the trillions added to what he spent?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And after 1.5 years in office what has been done to prevent future disasters..reinstatement of Glass-Steagall perhaps ?

Institute a Pay-Go where spending bills are offset by cuts in other areas ?

Continually funding nation rebuilding efforts where billions are redirected from there intended purpose ?

Stop rewarding failure with bailouts and subsidies ?
And you won't talk anything but Obama. Trust me, it is no secret that you hate him as much as anybody could, and will be blaming him for anything and everything that happens after his Presidency is over. But, you won't touch your dear Bush, who, BTW, happens to be the point of this thread. So, stop trolling and stick to the topic.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Just giving the facts and statistics. Sorry if the truth angers you.

However, we can't fix the deficit unless we know exactly what has caused it. Remember, if we don't learn from history, we are condemned to repeat it.

Also, remember that history will judge Bush.
They still are at odds at what caused the Great Depression for pete's sake.

And..we ARE repeating history. Just look at the period from 1928-1934.
We are at about 1932 give or take.

Again..we ARE repeating history. The repeal of Glass-Steagall was the nail in the coffin. That was put in place to prevent what happened in 1929 and we got deja vu all over again, don't we.

And I'm not a Repub or a Dem so accusing Bush or Obama or trying to favor your guy over the other guy means nothing. Both parties have run up the debt so I'm angry at both parties for spending with not a thought in mind of how to pay it all back.

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Problem is: Not only did Bush leave us a ballooning debt but he left our counties infrastructure and economy in shambles! Unfortunately, we had no choice but to invest money to keep our country from totally collapsing! Kind of like being left a house with a leaking roof, leaking pipes, broken furnace, broken windows, etcllllllllll

And again.....only a moron would go and borrow $2 T on top of a debt that big. That's really what we criticize President Skippy for. The "stimulus" has not been shown to have had any real impact, and hcr is just a big expensive entitlement that will harm our economy.

No matter how you play it, we know bush spent a lot of money. We know he wasn't a conservative, and any true conservative will tell you that bush made mistakes in spending. But come on...really? It's 2010. He's not president anymore.

Honestly....I've seen that dems really don't know what to do. The tea partiers and other conservatives are mad in general about spending--by both parties. We're sick of it. It's not about us vs. them anymore--I know you guys are so moonbatishly leftist that you just can't comprehend that, but we look beyond parties sometimes.

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're right. So can I assume that you're not comfortable with the trillions added to what he spent?
In other words, you message: Bush is gone. Let us blame Obama for this recession, the deficits (including stemming from Bush's last budget) and everything past and present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And again.....only a moron would go and borrow $2 T on top of a debt that big. That's really what we criticize President Skippy for.

No matter how you play it, we know bush spent a lot of money. We know he wasn't a conservative, and any true conservative will tell you that bush made mistakes in spending. But come on...really? It's 2010. He's not president anymore.
I don't see you as a conservative either. For a change, could "conservatives", for once, take responsibility for putting non-conservative Bush who ran on conservative platform? Nope, you are not grown up enough to do it. Rinse, repeat, rinse...

The time to talk debt and deficit was in 2000-2001. We were close to turning the ship around. Instead, we got massive deficits and a massive debt build up. On top of it, the worst of recessions at hand, one that started in Dec 2007, not on Jan 20, 2009.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who's ideas was the war????? that would be the terrorists that attacked us...and ALL OF CONGRESS republican and democrat...the senate was an even split, and the house was only 9 seats

medicared...passed the house by 5 votes and the senate by 5 votes...was a real close one

tax cuts for thew wealthy....a liberal LIE.. the tax cuts were for EVERYONE and the credits were for ONLY those under 180k
Obama is reiterating this as he campaigns for Nov elections.
The masses who believe everything they are told at face value will welcome the expiring of the Bush cuts with open arms.

When I hear this fallacy I always ask..how many wealthy do you know in the 10% bracket ? (and I've never gotten an answer yet).

Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
In other words, you message: Bush is gone. Let us blame Obama for this recession, the deficits (including stemming from Bush's last budget) and everything past and present.
Since you instructed a previous poster to remain on topic, I'll stick to the point of the topic - national debt. Bush ran a huge debt. Obama has added trillions to it. If you're saying that Bush was terrible for the debt he ran, why support additional trillions on top of that?

You may notice that in this post and the one you responded to previously, I agreed that Bush ran a huge debt, so the attack of partisanship fails here.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
News flash #1) Bush isn't in office anymore.

News flash #2) Obama is. Time for him and everyone else to pull up their big boy nickers, quit the crying and the blame game and deal with whatever crosses the threshold of the door to the Oval Office like adults. The "Mommy, HE did it!" pointing fingers routine doesn't fly anymore.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you won't talk anything but Obama. Trust me, it is no secret that you hate him as much as anybody could, and will be blaming him for anything and everything that happens after his Presidency is over. But, you won't touch your dear Bush, who, BTW, happens to be the point of this thread. So, stop trolling and stick to the topic.
I didn't vote for Bush. I don't vote Repub or Dem.
I didn't vote for McCain and I didn't vote for Obama.

I don't have a horse in this race..but one day maybe it will get out of the starting gate and bypass both the Dems and the Repubs and sanity will return to this nation once again.

And I am sticking to the thread..you're blaming Bush for running up the debt so as to prevent it. Well has it been identified and prevented ?
NO..and the debt continues to rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies