Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:15 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I made no excuses for Obama. This thread only points out what Bush polices are responsible for contributing to the ballooning national debt
No excuses huh? Here is your EXACT phrase "national debt years after his term." I called your B.S. Its pathetic when you have to lie about it when you have been so wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
We'll do that when we don't have to pay for the past any more, or the mistakes of an idiot who didn't even get a majority of the votes to get in office.

I do blame Obama for adding debt, but Bush added debt and built this little house of cards that collapsed shortly before Obama took office. When the Bush mess is cleaned up then it is fair to expect the complaining to stop, but no sooner.
You write garbage like this and you call someone else an idiot!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:26 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, but looking at the source can help prevent future disasters. Are you going to blame Obama for thousands of soldiers who died in the wars years ago because he is in office now?
He is responsible for every death since he has taken office. The responsibility goes with the job whether his blind supporters believe it or not. Same goes for the debt he has/is creating. This applies to every President that has ever taken office. Obama just happens to be so full of himself that he can't seem to get it.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
When Bush inherited a budget, many of us were talking about possibility of paying off the debt. Many conservatives, of course, had a different idea in mind (tax cuts, instead). When Obama inherited the budget, it was $1.3 trillion under, and that didn't account for war expenses (because they were kept outside of the budget, something Obama worked to change).

I will explain the trillions under Obama when you can provide me a valid number (not just a statement pulled out of thin air) from a non-partisan source. But, why don't you go ahead and explain how debt climbed by over $5 Trillion under Bush, and what contributed to it? Now THAT will be sticking to the topic. While I don't mind discussing deficits going forward, it ain't the point of the topic but just a diversion to avoid discussing the real problems that have plagued America for this entire decade.
Bush inherited a recession when the dotcom bubble burst. Sound familiar?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
I find encouragement in threads like this there is bi partisan support that both Obama and Bush suck and I absolutely agree.
Amen, blowoutcongress.com

Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I think the new headlines will be Obama Administration Adds 12 Trillion to National Debt The byline will be The United States Has Officially Been Purchased By A Consortium Headed By China The Largest Holder of The United States Debt.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
So your excuse is Bush is a bullshetter?
Absolutely but no where near as good as Obama. He indeed deserves the crown.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:01 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not quite

bush SUBMITTED the REQUEST for the FY2009 budget back at the BEGGINING of 2008.....CONGRESS is who writes and passes the budget...fy2009 (1 oct 2008) budget was passed in July 2008 and was the budget fro 1 oct 2008-30 sep 2009.........but the obama bailouts and stimulus, and OMNIBUS BUDGET ADDON were all AFTER BUSH

obama's failed stimulus was 800 billion (nearly a trillion) BY ITS SELF
obama's failed jobs bill, was anothr 100 billion

the facts are even though the POTUS gets the blame/credit...its congress that passed and writen the funding

clinton nearly doubled the debt
bush nearly doubled the debt
obama well on his way to doubling and possible tripling the debt

This is pretty tough for libeals to take, as they simply want to blame Bush and stick thier heads in the sand. The fact of the matter is that most of the debt can be attributed to wildly spending democratic congresses over the last 50 years. All thier entitlement programs have broken the bank.

Bush was handicapped the last two years of his presidency by a democratic congress. He was actually doing pretty well, given 9/11 and the dot-com bubble burst until the dems took over. After that, the economy has gone to hell in a handbasket and has never recovered.

The dems have been in control for four years and things have gone from bad to worse under thier watch. The democratic congress inherited an economy with under 4% unemployment and have caused record unemployment, record deficits, and record detb.

Congress controls the spending. The dems have been there four years and have destroyed the economy. Get rid of the dems.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
I made no excuses for Obama. This thread only points out what Bush polices are responsible for contributing to the ballooning national debt
yet the TRUTH is that bush1 policies AND clinton policies AND bush2 policies, ANd obama policies are ALL contributing to the deficit, the debt, and the CONTINUED loss of jobs

but YOU would rather bash JUST bush

Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No excuses huh? Here is your EXACT phrase "national debt years after his term." I called your B.S. Its pathetic when you have to lie about it when you have been so wrong...
Yes, some of Bush's policies will have ballooning costs which will increasingly add to the deficit. One example is Medicare part D. This cost is projected to go up exceedingly every year.

Now take it easy, Sherlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies