Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:11 PM

3,041 posts, read 4,998,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Let me guess they aren't trained in how to handle a firearm and there for don't know how to use it in this situation. I'm assuming the U.S. Customs agent was shooting at the trunk of the van trying to harm whoever was inside instead of shooting at the tires which would have stopped the van right there without an hour long chase/search.
How do you know the agent wasn't shooting at the tires?

Did you know vehicles can still drive with a flat tire?

Do you know how difficult it is to hit a moving target? It's not like the movies where they shoot the gun out of a man's hand, first shot, every shot.

Shooting the driver makes more sense if there is a bomb in the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
If you think it's a simple task to shoot the tires out of a moving car, I can only surmise you've never actually fired a handgun.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
You defend your points, even when they make you out the idiot. It's all about being you, you, and you. Thus you must have a miserable life if you're like that.

More baseless bashing against the law enforcement. It must be so cool to 'hate the pigs'. 1000 cool points for you. When you become a victim of crime, don't cry when the 'pigs' don't serve you. They are hired to serve and protect, so naturally, they receive rigorous training on firearms. I mean, duh?

This confirms you really do NOT know what you're talking about, especially regarding firearms. I tell you, that article does not prove a damn thing. You didn't win crap. Quit while you're ahead. In the future, don't make points about things you have no clue on. Unless you like being marked as a .
Bold: When did I say I hated cops? When did I call cops "pigs"? This is all on you. My uncle is in the law enforcement industry and I used to want to become a cop, but chose to go in a different direction for my own reasons. If you think I hate cops at least have some facts to back that up.

Red: Would you care to inform me how I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about or is this just your generic response to everything you don't like?

Blue: You may not want to call me an idiot. It doesn't really add much to the conversation and can get you in some trouble. Thats the only time I'll say that. Now on to the substance of the area in blue. Actually not its not about me, me, me, but if I have a point to make I'm going to make it and unless I am PROVEN wrong I'm not going to back down from defending it. If I am at some point PROVEN wrong I'll accept my defeat (unlike some people) and I won't feel miserable or feel as if I have wasted my life. You know you can't win all battles, and if you don't win one that shouldn't make you feel like any less of a man/woman.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-12-2010 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: language

Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Quote:
Bold: When did I say I hated cops? When did I call cops "pigs"? This is all on you. My uncle is in the law enforcement industry and I used to want to become a cop, but chose to go in a different direction for my own reasons. If you think I hate cops at least have some facts to back that up.
You said it, not me. I'm just going by you.

Have some facts to back that up?! What, you want me to link something from MSNBC to YOU? Are you serious right now?

Quote:
Red: Would you care to inform me how I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about or is this just your generic response to everything you don't like?
Stop being evasive. It's a generic response for someone who likes to defend their points no matter the consequences. As the saying goes "you can argue till you're blue in the face...".

Quote:
Blue: You may not want to call me an idiot. It doesn't really add much to the conversation and can get you in some trouble. Thats the only time I'll say that. Now on to the substance of the area in blue. Actually not its not about me, me, me, but if I have a point to make I'm going to make it and unless I am PROVEN wrong I'm not going to back down from defending it. If I am at some point PROVEN wrong I'll accept my defeat (unlike some people) and I won't feel miserable or feel as if I have wasted my life. You know you can't win all battles, and if you don't win one that shouldn't make you feel like any less of a man/woman.
Cool your jets, Nancy. I wasn't calling you an idiot. I'm simply describing a hypothetical outcome. You just confirmed it: it's really about you if you are willing to die for your points, so to speak. That ain't no way to live. Some things aren't worth chasing down. Just let it go. Like right now. Ciao.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
You said it, not me. I'm just going by you.

Have some facts to back that up?! What, you want me to link something from MSNBC to YOU? Are you serious right now?

Stop being evasive. It's a generic response for someone who likes to defend their points no matter the consequences. As the saying goes "you can argue till you're blue in the face...".

Cool your jets, Nancy. I wasn't calling you an idiot. I'm simply describing a hypothetical outcome. You just confirmed it: it's really about you if you are willing to die for your points, so to speak. That ain't no way to live. Some things aren't worth chasing down. Just let it go. Like right now. Ciao.
Bold: You got all of that right except for the part where you say, "You said it, not me." All I'm asking for is you to quote me where I said I hate cops and think they are "pigs." If I said it shouldn't be to hard to find, should it?

Red: The facts I was referring to was where I actually said I hated cops and/or called them "pigs." Until you can proved a quote of me saying that you are just putting words in my mouth.

Blue: Your the one evading my question as to how I am wrong? What the reason behind that?

Green: First off my name is John, nice to meet you. Now that we have become better acquainted I have to ask, why you think I shouldn't defend the points I make? I'm not spineless and when I bring up a point I believe it should be defended not just **** on by who ever feels like it. If you don't think defending your points is worth while why are you on this forum?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I suggest the barricades could use some reinforcment. They should be strong enough to stop a light truck sized van or any smaller car. That would avoid shooting incidents.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times
Quote:
Let me guess they aren't trained in how to handle a firearm and there for don't know how to use it in this situation. I'm assuming the U.S. Customs agent was shooting at the trunk of the van trying to harm whoever was inside instead of shooting at the tires which would have stopped the van right there without an hour long chase/search.
Wow, sounds like you have limited world knowledge...in general!

After many years in Lawenforcement I can tell you that we shoot to stop the threat! Shooting tires on a moving vehicle, iam sorry to inform you, does not stop the vehicle or remove the threat.. I once chased a vehicle for a mile that had four flat tires

But that requires too much commen scense!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Wow, sounds like you have limited world knowledge...in general!

After many years in Lawenforcement I can tell you that we shoot to stop the threat! Shooting tires on a moving vehicle, iam sorry to inform you, does not stop the vehicle or remove the threat.. I once chased a vehicle for a mile that had four flat tires

But that requires too much commen scense!
I suppose this officer doesn't have much COMMON sense then? The criminal didn't keep speeding away after he shot out the tires on that car. Funny how that works.

Quote:
Oh and those who think you can't blow out a on a moving car/van tell that to this officer who did just that in California. Do some research before trying to call me silly.

Police Shoot Out Tire Of Stolen Car, Taser Driver - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Some people greatly overestimate the power of hand held weapons as well as their own intellect. This thread has good examples of both.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people greatly overestimate the power of hand held weapons as well as their own intellect. This thread has good examples of both.
Towards the beginning of this thread though many people greatly under estimated the power of hand held weapons. I suggest you read through the entire thread to find out. I'm going to take a break for a few hours cya guys around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies