Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
Hands down - white racists!

It came from you!
You seem full of hate yourself. You sure you're not racist?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon just thinking about something my friend had asked me. It seems there are different types of racists.

Here I list some types:

It seems somewhite people think blacks should stay in low wage,menial jobs. These types think blacks should not be in the middle class,because they aren't smart enough and they blacks have lower intelligence. The best example of this is the president,who gets criticized for things other presidents didn't get criticized for.

There are the types who think blacks should get off welfare ,get educated, and move into the middle class. These type believe blacks should assimilate into mainstream American culture. Only problem for these types is that blacks are the most physically different race out of the races,so at times it would be hard to. Example:Someone who wants to wear braids and dreadlocks to work. I think these are the types of racist who may have voted for Obama because he fits the idea of the American dream better,than say,Jesse Jackson.

Then there are the type who don't have any of the above problems but think blacks are disgusting and don't want to see or interact with them at all. These tend to be the worst type.these type believe blacks should just go away. But yet,these type ofteb have no problem with Hispanics or Asians.

The reason I didn't mention Asian,Jewish, or. Hispanic because,whether you want to admit it or not,blacks still have a rougher time than those groups. They seem to bend in easier. For example,if an Asian family moved in an all white neighborhood,no rukus would be raised but as soon as blacks do,it becomes an issue. A black could be named. Laquinita and some white person would roll there eyes but yet an Asian could be named Shurinidab and no one would disrespect that person.

No,I'm not a troll.
I think you live in a very small world if these are the only racial stereotypes you could come up with. Your stereotypes seem mainly focused on blacks.

How about the spoiled jew princess who has no concept of actually working so ends up divorcing early because her first husband becomes fed up with her spoiled and ridiculous antics? Or the so called "angry black woman" who sheds much of her baggage by way of an interracial relationship (there's a movie about this....the name eludes me right now....). How about the scores of young American Asian women in the Usa right now who are dating non-asians and facing severe prejudice on the homefront for their choice of mates.

Do you understand any of the deep implications of culture and humanity involved here? Probably not if your world does not involve interaction with people who are not like you.

This topic really goes beyond who is on welfare. I don't know where you live but it could be a HUGE lesson in life to learn that people of all shades and backgrounds are in the same situation as you. Most of us are just middle class Americans just gettin by, which is saying a lot.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I think you live in a very small world if these are the only racial stereotypes you could come up with. Your stereotypes seem mainly focused on blacks.

How about the spoiled jew princess who has no concept of actually working so ends up divorcing early because her first husband becomes fed up with her spoiled and ridiculous antics? Or the so called "angry black woman" who sheds much of her baggage by way of an interracial relationship (there's a movie about this....the name eludes me right now....). How about the scores of young American Asian women in the Usa right now who are dating non-asians and facing severe prejudice on the homefront for their choice of mates.

Do you understand any of the deep implications of culture and humanity involved here? Probably not if your world does not involve interaction with people who are not like you.

This topic really goes beyond who is on welfare. I don't know where you live but it could be a HUGE lesson in life to learn that people of all shades and backgrounds are in the same situation as you. Most of us are just middle class Americans just gettin by, which is saying a lot.
Something New

Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon just thinking about something my friend had asked me. It seems there are different types of racists.

Here I list some types:

It seems somewhite people think blacks should stay in low wage,menial jobs. These types think blacks should not be in the middle class,because they aren't smart enough and they blacks have lower intelligence. The best example of this is the president,who gets criticized for things other presidents didn't get criticized for.

There are the types who think blacks should get off welfare ,get educated, and move into the middle class. These type believe blacks should assimilate into mainstream American culture. Only problem for these types is that blacks are the most physically different race out of the races,so at times it would be hard to. Example:Someone who wants to wear braids and dreadlocks to work. I think these are the types of racist who may have voted for Obama because he fits the idea of the American dream better,than say,Jesse Jackson.

Then there are the type who don't have any of the above problems but think blacks are disgusting and don't want to see or interact with them at all. These tend to be the worst type.these type believe blacks should just go away. But yet,these type ofteb have no problem with Hispanics or Asians.

The reason I didn't mention Asian,Jewish, or. Hispanic because,whether you want to admit it or not,blacks still have a rougher time than those groups. They seem to bend in easier. For example,if an Asian family moved in an all white neighborhood,no rukus would be raised but as soon as blacks do,it becomes an issue. A black could be named. Laquinita and some white person would roll there eyes but yet an Asian could be named Shurinidab and no one would disrespect that person.

No,I'm not a troll.

It seems that you forgot to mention some racists in the question of which racists are more prevelant.

What about the New Black Panther Party and their widely expressed hatred of white people? Don't forget LaRaza which means the race and stands for the advancement of one race only. You forgot those racists- how convienient.....

Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not a contest to see which race wears braids and dreadlocks the most.

Like I said... braids and dreadlocks are not only worn by blacks. Similarly, there are alternate hairstyles wearable by anyone, including blacks, so where's the problem with hairstyle requirements that apply to everyone, regardless of race?

Your statement:

...is quite judgmental and racist. You have no idea what kind of environment any given person wants to work in.

Let me try to make this clear, "I have NEVER seen a non black in a professional setting wear dreadlocks or elaborately braided hair" This being said the controversy over that type of hair style still focuses on people of color. The military hair standards regarding braided hair for women was lifted as recently as the 90's. Now who do you think that was directed at? Come to think of it braided hair (with beads) came into style when Bo Derek did that movie "10"

Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Can't we all just agree to hate each other equally??

Old 07-15-2010, 03:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I think black racists are actually more prevalent than white racists nowdays.
This is the most common type of racist - the deniers.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Com'on dont'cha think an HR dept can tell a name that was made up (Shayquya) verses a real one (Tembeko)? It is all in the last name, if your name is Nakola Bungo Etume verses Honesty Joquaina Washington I think that they would have enough ammo to file poor Honesty's resume in file folder 13

Someone who has an odd name who is also from a different ethnicity won't be noticed by the average american Hr dept. Actually I really don't know if other ethnicities "make up names" that don't mean anything more than Black Americans
Ya, Like Barak Hussein Obama. You would never get ahead with a name like that. LOL

Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Let me try to make this clear, "I have NEVER seen a non black in a professional setting wear dreadlocks or elaborately braided hair"
Do you live in a small town? I live in the Chicago area, and see various hairstyles on people of various races in professional settings. That's why your comment struck me as odd, judgmental, and racist.

Quote:
This being said the controversy over that type of hair style still focuses on people of color. The military hair standards regarding braided hair for women was lifted as recently as the 90's. Now who do you think that was directed at?
Ummm... any woman who wants to wear braids?

Seriously... why are you pigeonholing people by race? That's racist by definition, no?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Many racists give themselves away. Whenever encountering the subject they will go on the defensive and/or try to deflect.
Why would they want to defend if they aren't racist?
Better yet, ask them their opinion on racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies