Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times

Advertisements

Simply put, we don't have it any harder than anybody else. I would argue that just the opposite is true. It's too bad that these white males can't walk in the shoes of a Native American, African American, or even a Mexican American. As far as labelling yourself as _____ American, feel free to call yourself Irish American, German American, or whatever else if it makes you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
They don't have it harder, it's just the principle of the thing for them. They can't stand anyone other than themselves getting a leg up via assistance or connections.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
They don't have it harder, it's just the principle of the thing for them. They can't stand anyone other than themselves getting a leg up via assistance or connections.
Great point. I dont think whites have it "hard" per se, so much as they have a great deal of responsibility. As the group who has historically held much of the power, it is then also incumbent upon them to help aid other cultures, lest those cultures drag whites down into poverty as well. This is where things like affirmative action, and equal opportunity come in. As the group that holds the power you have to find a way to give the huge populus of undereducated or impoverished people the opportunity to advance unless you're prepared to risk your own progress amid a disenchanted, hopeless underclass.

Of course you could just terminate the underclass altogether, but as a country that has always relied on cheap immigrant labor, it would be impractical and counterproductive to dissuade the new underclass prospects from immigrating (legally), by mistreating the existing underclass.. Unfortunately, no society can really flourish in the longterm by being an immigration state and a welfare state all at once.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Nothig is really that hard when you have the strength to over ocme it;then that adds to your strength of character. It noramll very individual tho.

OK, then find the strenth to spell check!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post

Feel better now?

Did that ease some of the Affirmative Action guilt you get when you screw POOR white males whose only crime was being born white, male and POOR?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:10 PM

314 posts, read 414,330 times
depends believe it or not its hard to work in macdonalds if you dont speak the language the other staff speak. the skill level for the job is not hard though it harder to get orders in kinda random i know

Old 07-11-2010, 10:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
I'm not sure that they do. I think they are starting to experience what minorities have had to deal with and it stings.
For example where I work we see folks who are less qualified being promoted over more qualified individuals in the name of Affirmative action.
It sucks and its a lousy deal but minorities have endured this challenge far longer.
I myself disagree with such practices but if I want to continue my employment I need to accept it.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 PM

130 posts, read 235,405 times
Better question really for banter here...............how do illeagals and other's than WASP's have it hard?...................the truth now not some commie Democrat BS rhetoric without an upfront & honest with the world answer!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
Default How honest an answer do you want?

Are you looking for something just to pick at with the usual PC rhetoric?

Let's see...A vast majority of white males simply play by the rules of life. They pay attention in school, they try to get decent marks, many of them serve their country (yes, I know many blacks do - but the question here is about whites, isn't it..), they tend to get married, take care of their families, get up every day and go to work.

In their free time, that vast majority takes care of their families and homes.

That vast majority does not do any harm to anyone, nor wish harm on anyone. As a matter of fact, when a crisis develops, that vast majority makes itself available to help - volunteering, donating and whatever else...

And even though a vast majority of them are only 2nd or 3rd generation Americans (with their parents or grandparents arriving after 1900), they are born with the original sin of being white and beneficiaries of slavery. Just because they are white.

The argument is they benefit from inherited racism...Not because they wake up every morning to show up for work, do a days work, budget their money...and pretty much play by the rules.

They tend to live near their families and friends, and spend some of their free time on weekends with them....But, this of course is racist of them. Because even though the black population is only about 15% of this country - Well, the whites don't let them live near them, nor do socialize with them.

Is there a history of "red-lining" in this country - There certainly is...But it was the real estate industry that manipulated and profited from it. And, any white person that lived in a red-lined area knows how that works...They know who the real losers were...The white home owners, whose houses lost value.

I can go on about how over the past 40 years or so, if a white guy lived in a mixed area, and had a situation is school, or on the street, where there was some dispute, auto accident, something being stolen from you...Well, whoever was in authority just took you aside and told you "Their black, they got no money...just forget about it"...And you walked away a loser without justice...Even though you yourself never did harm to anyone. (This is crime that's never reported folks...And many of you know what I am talking about).

Hey, but's let's get to the real meat...The never-ending strikes against white manhood.

Like about 30 years ago when there was a college study proving the virility of the BIG black male, against the puny little white boys penises..Ha, Ha Ha...

But wait...someone realized the study was done in a college, with a skewed number of taller black athletes...So, a better test was done...And it seems the white boys weren't all that puny after all.

Ha!..The Media and Hollywood took care of that quick...Now we have all the movies and commercials showing how those beautiful, blonde, white babes just can't keep away from those beautiful black men....And, no black male can claim to be anyone without a blond babe...

Of course, the white guys really don't give a hoot about all of this...We just feel bad for the black women that the media and Hollywood seem to think are...Well...Just not that desirable.

It's bad enough that 75% of black children grow up in homes without fathers..Now the media and Hollywood are shooting for 100%...

White guys feel bad about this...We feel bad for the black women...It seems they're being sacrificed to punish us...

The other night, I was watching television...There was a black woman doing a comedy skit. A good part of the skit was about how black women have to deal with their men's desire to "hit" them in the butt.

There is no doubt that white men do the same...I just never saw a white women standing in front of an audience trying to make a joke of it.

It was certainly symbolic of something...And as a white guy, I can tell you - It was a sad burden to see that...

Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
those who have not even pretended to "evolve" are constantly under threat of being the subject of harrassment lawsuits, EEOC invenstigations and other such inconveniences. . . .I KNOW this because I have had the unique pleasure(?) of working with several such "gentlemen". . ..and in fact currently have a "boss" who fits nicely into just such a category. Lucky for me, he has learned to leave me alone, and my employment for him will end in 7 weeks!

Last edited by cap1717; 07-11-2010 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies