Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 PM

20,249 posts, read 19,815,346 times

Advertisements

SUV drivers

McMansions

Suburbanites

Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 PM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
#3 are you suggesting this doesn't happen? All quota systems are an example of such a practice. When sex or race is the only qualifying factor that is descrimination.
#9 The race card. Played by those who don't have a valid argument.
#6 how is it racist to be against welfare?
#2 same as #3.
No what the OP is suggesting is if you are not a liberal willing to bow to every minority special interest group that walks the face of the earth you are a racist bigot and most likely a republican.

It is the OPs way of disqualifying those who oppose their view from any discussion. The left doesn’t want dialogue. They want compliance.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM

103 posts, read 90,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
SUV drivers

McMansions

Suburbanites
Another posted beat you to this. See post #7. I still don't get how the words SUV or McMansions would be used racists? Suburbanites doesn't make much sense either. Makes as much sense as listing cornflakes and batteries. Very strange indeed.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM

880 posts, read 2,019,746 times
trust me
I can get it for you wholesale

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM

314 posts, read 413,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
"Dark Decendents"?

dark descendants=comic book figures

dark decendents=darkies?

well if i didnt have to avoid certain words or how i said it i would not need to say it like that

Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM

198 posts, read 506,312 times
Random useless thoughts:

A racist in today's world is anyone with a computer and on the CD Forum or on another forum who doesn't agree with everything posted by another person.

More code words, phrases or conditions that might indicate racisim is present:

I hate rap.

Unless it's performed by that guy with the name "cracker" in the band (as one other poster alluded to). Except it's not a band it's a white person and he's Uncle Kracker with a K and not a C. He got his start in Motown with Kid Rock doing rap.

Perhaps his refusal to use the K instead of a C means he hates the letter C and wont give C an opportunity to be used where appropriate? So that makes him letter phobic and he has committed an act of "letterism" . We cannot let this stand.

Others:
Homeowner.

Wage earner.

Tax payer.

Two parent house hold.

Founding Fathers.

OJ was guilty.

Someone mentions Jessie Jackson and not everone responds positively or at all. They automatically become considered Crackers with a C and not a K.

Someone mentions President Obama and you don't get a tingle up your leg.

Anyone who scorns Tiger Woods for playing that new 18 ho golf course.

Any white person who uses the term "ho".

Anyone who didn't watch Cosby in the 80s.

Anyone who watched Cosby in the 80s.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM

52,331 posts, read 34,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan
"Dark Decendents"?

dark descendants=comic book figures

dark decendents=darkies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
well if i didnt have to avoid certain words or how i said it i would not need to say it like that
in a world where the National Association of Always-Complaining Persons throws a fit over the use of the phrase 'b***k holes' on a graduation card from hallmark, i can see why you're so careful

Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,599,447 times
"Let me be clear"

Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 PM

103 posts, read 90,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
"Let me be clear"
Some of the responses are truly puzzling and out of left field, no pun intended.

I'll bite,

"Do you want to supersize it?"
Pencils
IPod
Rain
"Check please"
"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me"
"Surely you jest"
Checkers

Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Another one from liberals: I support illegal immigration as long as it's not my neighborhood
I read that same one last night and immediately thought about MR. Liberal, Ted Kennedy, and his strong feelings about green power. He was for wind energy as long as it wasn't coming from a windfarm built next door to his home up there in Massachesetts. It almost happened one year and he got his power as a Massachusetts Senator to reacting and the farm was put some place else.

I always wondered if it was because the area didn't belong to the Kennedys. Maybe if it had been built on land the family owned he would have accepted it. The people I know whose land has one of those farms really like what is paid them to rent that small piece of ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies