Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Roman Polanski, for those of you who do not remember, is a well-known movie director, was married to Sharon Tate-one of the victims of the Charles Manson cult. 33 years ago, he lured a 13-year-old girl into Jack Nicholson's Hollywood home on the pretense of photgraphing her, got her drunk, fed her drugs, and repeatedly raped and sodomized her. He was allowed to plead guilty on "inappropriate sexual intercourse". In order to avoid punishment, fled to Switzerland.

I personally have no use for this guy, or others of his ilk (Woody Allen comes immediately to mind) who victimize children, or the Hollywood culture that excuses this inexcuseable behavior. Whoopi Goldberg said his actions were not "rape,rape". really, whoopi, and just what would constitute "rape" in your book?

If it were my daughter, Polanski would never have gotten away with asll of his anatomy intact.

Roman Polanski's Freedom -- And Unmitigated Gall

By Eugene Robinson

WASHINGTON -- For Roman Polanski, the long, unspeakable nightmare of being confined to his three-story chalet in Gstaad, the luxury resort in the Swiss Alps, is finally over. The fugitive director is free once again to stroll into town, have a nice meal, maybe do a little shopping at the local Cartier, Hermes or Louis Vuitton boutiques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
So, this mean the U.S. should still trend to become more Euro- ...sodomee?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So, this mean the U.S. should still trend to become more Euro- ...sodomee?

Actually, I think somebody should kidnap the creep and fly is perverted a$$ back to the US for prosecution.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
carter,

we agree, this guy is a piece of garbage

Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually, I think somebody should kidnap the creep and fly is perverted a$$ back to the US for prosecution.
I agree Carter. Very rarely do I follow the affairs of Hollywood-types, but Polanski's case is one that angers me.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
What a travesty. He's worse than pond scum.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
The hollywood crowd sure does love its pedophiles. Oh, the horror of being confined to a huge chalet! Give me a break. Someone send Dog the Bounty Hunter over there to collect his pansy arse and let him find out what they do to pedophiles in American prisons. While they ar at it they should throw Woody Allen and Larry King in the same cell.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree Carter. Very rarely do I follow the affairs of Hollywood-types, but Polanski's case is one that angers me.

This is why when someone from Hollywood makes a statement about anything, I change the channel.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 AM

23 posts, read 105,643 times
[quote=lifelongMOgal;15018171]The hollywood crowd sure does love its pedophiles. quote]

ITA and the millions/(billions?) of people who mourned Michael Jackson despite the repeated pedophile charges don't mind pedophiles as long as they are musically talented and it's not their kids who are being raped/molested.

The Martin Bashir video with him sitting next to, touching, and leaning against the underaged boy was disgusting. The same boy who then goes on to say that MJ molested/raped him too.

His defense? He just liked to sleep in the same bed as his friends (who happen to be young underaged boys). So a grown adult man "sleeping" in the same bed as young boys is "innocent"? Really??? Is that normal for grown adult men to do? Then I never received that memo.

Even if one were to argue that he was never found "guilty" in a court of law, all his fans still manage to conveniently forget the whole "baby-dangling" over the balcony incident.

They're even selling Michael Jackson Halloween costumes for kids. Sick! The guy/pedophile did no wrong. And now that he's dead, the fervor and love for him is even worse. He has now been socially sainted.

People also love their Sports heroes too. Kobe Bryant is so "innocent" that he had to buy his wife a gazillion-dollar ginorous diamond ring to prove it. And she loved, er I mean stayed with him for it. If I was falsely accused of raping some girl/woman in a hotel room, going out and buying a 10000ct diamond ring for my wife would not be the first thing that comes to mind.

Will the day ever come when pedophiles get the death penalty for their crimes? Don't people realize that pedophiles never stop being pedophiles because they can't stop and that they MAKE pedophiles? Their poor victims in turn most often times BECOME pedophiles too. Children-rape is an epidemic worse than AIDS and commonly includes the murder of children as well.

What are we if we can't protect our own chlidren and our children's children and our neighbor's children? Sheesh!

<end of rant>

Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
All of the people in Hollywood that have supported this moron over all the years need to be boycotted. Look it up. The amount of names will shock you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies