Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM

640 posts, read 388,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree on the sex part. I disagree with the notion that most children out of wedlock are the products of people who can't find suitable mates for life. I believe most children who are born out of wedlock are the products of irresponsible activities by irresponsible adults. A person can have sex and not make children. The (selfish) desire for offspring while aspiring to live life as bachelor/bachelorette does a huge disservice to the children and to the social construct of this nation. Statistics proves this without question.
Perhaps like Sarah Palin's daughter?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:27 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How ignorant does one have to be not to know that the outcomes resultant from being raised while black in America are qualitatively lower for the large majority of said African Americans relative to white and even hispanic Americans? A subset of white posters on City Data spend a lot of time comparing themselves to blacks and usually the tone of the posts runs from smug to superior and back again. I've got a wake-up call for these neo-racists: Europe is eating your lunch. Comparing majority white countries in Europe to presently majority white America yields some fascinating data. Teen pregnancy, unwed mother pregnancy, literacy, computer literacy, higher education completion... etc. American whites rank worst among whites in majority white countries in the world in these metrics. Explain that, if you can, and leave black people alone. And, if it is really only the money that is spent on unwed black mothers that you are upset about, consider this: in raw numbers there are far more unwed white mothers than black ones. If it's money you want to save I would put my efforts into curbing the increase in white unwed motherhood. Just saying.

H

(from Wikipedia)
Bullying is a form of abuse. It comprises repeated acts over time that involves a real or perceived imbalance of power with the more powerful individual or group abusing those who are less powerful. The power imbalance may be social power and/or physical power. ...
LMAO hahahahaha

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
LMAO hahahahaha
Exactly

Old 07-18-2010, 08:10 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How ignorant does one have to be not to know that the outcomes resultant from being raised while black in America are qualitatively lower for the large majority of said African Americans relative to white and even hispanic Americans? A subset of white posters on City Data spend a lot of time comparing themselves to blacks and usually the tone of the posts runs from smug to superior and back again. I've got a wake-up call for these neo-racists: Europe is eating your lunch. Comparing majority white countries in Europe to presently majority white America yields some fascinating data. Teen pregnancy, unwed mother pregnancy, literacy, computer literacy, higher education completion... etc. American whites rank worst among whites in majority white countries in the world in these metrics. Explain that, if you can, and leave black people alone. And, if it is really only the money that is spent on unwed black mothers that you are upset about, consider this: in raw numbers there are far more unwed white mothers than black ones. If it's money you want to save I would put my efforts into curbing the increase in white unwed motherhood. Just saying.

H

(from Wikipedia)
Bullying is a form of abuse. It comprises repeated acts over time that involves a real or perceived imbalance of power with the more powerful individual or group abusing those who are less powerful. The power imbalance may be social power and/or physical power. ...
You know, there are major problems in the underclass black community that is effecting all of us. Thugs, drug dealing, gangs etc, are over flowing into the good communities. Funny thing is, blacks who have found their way out and made a success of their life, have turned a blind eye and offer no real solutions or help. Oh but when anyone criticizes them for not trying to do something for themselves or taking Uncle Sam for a free ride, they stand up and defend and make excuses, Well how long ya gonna make excuses?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Where are all the so-called black leaders? the Jesse Jacksons, the Al Sharptons, the Charlie Rangel's, etc.

Bill Cosbey speaks out and is villified. Where are all the highly paid black ball players? Some help, many do not.

The change has to come from within the black community itself.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Where are all the so-called black leaders? the Jesse Jacksons, the Al Sharptons, the Charlie Rangel's, etc.

Bill Cosbey speaks out and is villified. Where are all the highly paid black ball players? Some help, many do not.

The NAACP and NBPP seem to be the new leaders from what I've been reading lately. IMO this could lead to more racial tensions and violence if these groups are allowed to take the top spots for Black leadership.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You know what's hilarious to me is that threads like this pop up so we can talk about how horrible black people are. I mentioned on another thread that I was a group of several black organizational ones that focus on improving literacy in test scores for black students and another that helps low-income black students get placed with jobs (both paid and volunteer) that they otherwise wouldn't have access to and I was called a racist. Poster said they couldn't understand the motivation for joining an organization that was specifically black....

I created a thread months and months ago voicing my concerns for lack of entrepreneurship in the black community and was told that I need to get over segregation and worry about the world and not the so-called black community. And then I was called racist....

...so I'm at a loss here. Many of us recognize there is a problem but how we can we fix it if by trying to help each other, we are being racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The NAACP and NBPP seem to be the new leaders from what I've been reading lately. IMO this could lead to more racial tensions and violence if these groups are allowed to take the top spots for Black leadership.
No offense but the only people I know who seem to think those groups have anything to do with black leadership are white people or the media.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It all comes down to a revolving door of personal irresponsibility. Any person can stop the revolving door, but they choose not to.

Example: My father never knew his father because he left as soon as he found out his girlfriend, my grandmother, was pregnant. My father could have chosen to perpetuate the revolving door when my mother (his girlfriend) got pregnant by leaving her high and dry to raise a child on her own. But did he? No, he married my mother and saw to it that I (and my sister) were raised in a cohesive family. They've been married for nearly 40 years now and both my sister and I are very successful. I attribute most of that to being raised in a solid family environment with a male role model.

Personally, I have no sympathy for the plight of the black community. If my father can stop the revolving door, then so can any other man on this planet.
What about dead fathers? How to you resolve that issue? What if your father had died very early in your life? And your mother never remarried.....do you think you would have been a failure then?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
You know, there are major problems in the underclass black community that is effecting all of us. Thugs, drug dealing, gangs etc, are over flowing into the good communities. Funny thing is, blacks who have found their way out and made a success of their life, have turned a blind eye and offer no real solutions or help. Oh but when anyone criticizes them for not trying to do something for themselves or taking Uncle Sam for a free ride, they stand up and defend and make excuses, Well how long ya gonna make excuses?
Do you have any statistics to back up your claim that "blacks who have found their way out....have turned a blind eye and offer no real solutions or help"? That's a pretty broad generalization and I'd like to see some proof to back it up. Or is it just a very simplistic opinon, which on its face, seems to be very biased?

btw, who won?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You know what's hilarious to me is that threads like this pop up so we can talk about how horrible black people are. I mentioned on another thread that I was a group of several black organizational ones that focus on improving literacy in test scores for black students and another that helps low-income black students get placed with jobs (both paid and volunteer) that they otherwise wouldn't have access to and I was called a racist. Poster said they couldn't understand the motivation for joining an organization that was specifically black....

I created a thread months and months ago voicing my concerns for lack of entrepreneurship in the black community and was told that I need to get over segregation and worry about the world and not the so-called black community. And then I was called racist....

...so I'm at a loss here. Many of us recognize there is a problem but how we can we fix it if by trying to help each other, we are being racist?

No offense but the only people I know who seem to think those groups have anything to do with black leadership are white people or the media.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't...story of our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies