Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM

469 posts, read 579,222 times

Advertisements

I've said it before, Police have the lowest IQ per income. I bet they still don't know what all the fuss was about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Again. Does this John1960 ever comment on any story? Or does he just post random new threads with no rhyme or reason?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Again. Does this John1960 ever comment on any story? Or does he just post random new threads with no rhyme or reason?
His threads always starts with "News", usually they get a lot of replies.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
He's our CD reporter.
Reporters seldom do editorials.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
That video is horrible. What is it with cops pulling out their tasers like they were giving out candy? Tasers should be used as a non-lethal alternative. Not when someone is just being disagreeable or non-cooperative. Those things kill people, and one never knows! What if she had a heart condition? She easily may have died from that. Those cops not only should have lost their jobs but charges should be brought up against them. I tell you one thing, I'm sure sick of hearing the 'boys in blue' are among our finest. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Obvious racism. These officers deserve jail time.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Once again, police fail. It looked like the original bubba freaked out in an encounter with a harmless 57 year old woman. I do have to say though, as a Georgian, that these cops WOULD have done the same thing if she was white. If they feel like they don't have complete control of the situation, these cops overreact just like that. My long-haired hippie brother was pepper-sprayed in a similar incident in Fairburn. Cop got fired, and then re-hired in a smaller town until he got a d.u.i. there. It's a cop thing. They just don't usually have a decent chief, or video documentary. The city of Fairburn conveniently lost the video in my brothers case.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A criminal investigation should be opened for two officers who Tasered and pepper-sprayed a 57-year-old Georgia woman who called police to report a prowler.

Janice Wells, a third-grade teacher, called officers in rural Georgia for help. Instead, she ended up on the ground screaming and crying, begging officers to stop shocking her with the Taser.

Ga. Cops Repeatedly Taser 57-Year-Old Teacher Who Called for Help - BV Black Spin
Obviously she refused to show them her papers proving she was a legal.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 AM

688 posts, read 1,489,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Egregious is right. I think there ought to be a law prohibiting an officer who engages in blatant abuse from ever being in law enforcement again. Right up there with gross negligence of doctors losing their license to practice medicine. This world only gets uglier when everyday people can't trust cops. Doesn't surprise me one bit this happened in Georgia. Sad.
I hate writing this because I love visiting and travelling through the state of Georgia, but this brings to my mind one of the most absurd (and dangerous) speed traps I ever saw. On the way to Ft. Myers, Florida one time near a place called Arabi, Georgia, right at dusk, were at least (I ain't making this up) 50 or more police cars pulling people over in mass. At dusk, the police cars coming onto the road looked like bumble bees or yellow jackets or something. Anyway, I was not stopped, but I was almost clipped on the left front end of my car by some idiot cop flying out in front of me to pull over car in front of me. For a good mile or so, traffic flowed at a snail's pace, police cars haphazardly pulling over people, people were stopped on side of road in mass, cops writing tickets and police and those pulled over arguing back and forth. If you asked me, this little assanine speed trap was much more dangerous than anyone exceeding speed limit. I did not see anyone being arrested, nor even sobriety tests, sure didn't look to my like they were making blanket stops for some amber alert looking for missing child or bank robber or drug dealers or anything like that, only writing mass numbers of speeding tickets. Things like this are absurd to the nth degree.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A criminal investigation should be opened for two officers who Tasered and pepper-sprayed a 57-year-old Georgia woman who called police to report a prowler.

Janice Wells, a third-grade teacher, called officers in rural Georgia for help. Instead, she ended up on the ground screaming and crying, begging officers to stop shocking her with the Taser.

Ga. Cops Repeatedly Taser 57-Year-Old Teacher Who Called for Help - BV Black Spin
John your on a roll, keep em coming there all darn good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies