Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times

Advertisements

[quote=citizenkane2;15056968]
Quote:

If only one side is represented on FOX, you could make that claim. But it is not the case.
If half of the commentators were liberals and the other half republicans, I'd agree, but are they? If a war is openly supported then they cannot be not biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
CNN is crap. MSNBC devotes almost their entire prime time, weeknights lineup to critical analysis of politics, although it admittedly is more critical of conservative politics.

But it's hard to blame any of their lineup for not going after the egregious conduct of the Republican Party. Their actions literally beg for someone to expose them, and the mainstream media does NOT do this.

Perhaps you could provide some examples?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Who the he ll are you to say anyone cannot think for themselves?

Narcissistic comes to mind, reading your posts.

You want a neutral "news" media but will not practice that ideology. The old saying "do as I say, not as I do", is still hypocritical?
Lol, reading comprehension.

I am not media, hence I personally don't need to be neutral. Of course I have an opinion, but a news channel that reaches millions of people should not use intimidation and scare tactics to manipulate people. "You are not patriotic if you don't support the war". "We are the good guys and they are the evil guys"

That is something the Nazis have done. It is called Propaganda. And the US media is full of it.
I want coverage that gives me the facts like how many soldiers died during the war, I dont want anybody to tell me whether I must support a war or be against it.

So, again when did I say PEOPLE like me have to be neutral? I said it many times I want news coverage to be neutral. I dont want a rodeo clows to tell me what to think.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Who the he ll are you to say anyone cannot think for themselves?
Because people watch Glenn Beck, O'reilly, a lefty commentator and then come here and repeat what they have just heard. Thats why. Without critical thinking.

Remember, when O'reilly and Beck started to ask why liberals are so afraid of Republicans? All of a sudden most republicans on CD started threads "What makes liberals being so scared of Republicans/ or why are they afraid of Sarah Palin?"
It was amusing.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legtingle View Post
What an odd post. Of all the people I know, and I know a fare number, the NPR crowd is the one most walled off to other news sources. Most people that listen to talk radio are conservative, but LOVE to listen to other points of view so they can debate.

Once again, a delusional lefty.

I watch/read more media from the left than I do Fox news. The leftist position is much more prevalent, so I read/hear more of it. Can you say the same?

You calling conservatives infantile is really something. The left always think they are such smarty pants! It's like talking with a 14 year old who knows soooooooooooo much more than their parents. Funny.
Great post. Well said!!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Great post. Well said!!
If you confirm each other more, you'll think you are right. Also, that guy really has a great sample size.
But who cares, Murdoch already admitted his media tries to manipulate people, so why bother watching this stuff? Not that other american news channels are any better. Sometimes you need to look somewhere else for news coverage than the american enternainment news industry.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
When did Murdoch re-thought that whole quote? He said it, his media imperium supported the war. It was obvious to everybody.
And what I think of MSNBC you can read in this thread.

I have seen O'reilly have guests on his show with opposing views giving them time to speak until he gets mad at their view and starts yelling at them.
He once had Ron Paul on the show and started to cut him off. That is disrespectful, and of course Ron Paul was right with everything he was saying but that did not hand in hand with the ideology of Fox.
They can't let Ron Paul, a true conservative, blaim the US foreign policy for the growing of Al Quaida so of course O'reilly had to shut him down.

Also what is with this woman that dumbs down on purpose for her audience: "Let me google Czar".

I didn't say that he did "re-think" his statement. I said that based on the product we see on the screen, it seems that he might have. He seems to be a guy that can keep his own feelings from tainting his product.

When you go on O'Reilly's show, you need to have your game tight for the debate. Chris Mathews is the king of talking over his guests. Why aren't you railing over him?

YouTube - Chris Matthews Toys With Two Teabaggers on MSNBC

YouTube - Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
One look at Beck and his chalkboard is all the answer you need.

Faux treats it's viewers like impressionable children

They know their audience. Good marketing!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Cetainly has much as any other network. I don't thnik anyone now days with any sense believes that any network doesn't have bias. Especailly in these days of selling news . Its always been that way. Fox news just exposes more people to varying opinion not seen when there were just the three networks.Al you have to do is read history to see what a sole agenda driven media can do to distort news.Having exposure to a variety of opinons is always better to make informed decisions really.Just as one person doews not have the same belief system that another does because of life experiences.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Do you think that Fox regards you as a person with an active mind capable of critical analysis?
I doubt they can contemplate on their own thoughts enough to answer your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies