U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM

29,990 posts, read 19,619,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Oh, I've met so many so called Christians who hate Muslims, and their leader, jesus christ, supposedly loved everyone. He also ran some poor pigs off a cliff.
Ok......... Seriously have some hate going on there over a little thing called faith, don't you think? Hope you find some help with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM

2,351 posts, read 1,398,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When Right Wing Evangelical Christians engage in radical teaching it's ok but a cause for war when muslims do it.

"Since the run up to the Iraq War, [Massoud] Barzani and the KRG played to the Bush administration and its right-wing evangelical Christian base," (snip) "That's where they saw the power and the money. Barzani was going to let them set up schools and churches and get what he needed." But, Amitay adds, "given the rise of the Islamic parties in Kurdistan and Assyrian Christian resentment of American evangelical exceptionalism and proselytizing, they're playing with fire.""

How American Right-Wing Christians Are Waging 'Spiritual Warfare' in Northern Iraq | Investigations | AlterNet
Who cares about what they're doing in Iraq, these nuts engage in a spiritual warfare everday here in the states.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 AM

2,732 posts, read 4,174,854 times
I dont think anyone has mentioned that thousands of Iraq christians left after the War.
They had their churches burned and their lives were in danger.
Its illegal to have a bible in many countries,if you convert to faith other than islam..
You can be killed.Theres something to talk about....

Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM

4,569 posts, read 3,150,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ok......... Seriously have some hate going on there over a little thing called faith, don't you think? Hope you find some help with that.
you are all hung up on faith. You assume that faith comes only in Christian form. I don't need help. I'm just fine with my personal "one size fits ME" faith. You embrace yours. I have a problem with Christians who tell me that I am not worshipping in the right way." translation : THEIR way.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM

29,990 posts, read 19,619,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
you are all hung up on faith. You assume that faith comes only in Christian form. I don't need help. I'm just fine with my personal "one size fits ME" faith. You embrace yours. I have a problem with Christians who tell me that I am not worshipping in the right way." translation : THEIR way.
Do you have a crystal ball to look into my mind and heart? No, you don't. You don't know me. If you were so fine with your "personal on size fits ME faith" in your own words, there would no be a reason to incessantly attack others for posessing faith differing from you own idea would there? Your hate consumes you and leaks out like a toxic poison. Serious, I hope you get help for that. Go in peace.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM

33,275 posts, read 27,552,144 times
I don't hate Christians although proselytizing Kristians do annoy me. I don't hate Muslims although I think their treatment of women is appalling and their radical terrorists are playing into our warmonger's hands. I don't hate anybody. There are some people I fear and some I love. I have a deep faith but I am not Christian or Muslim.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM

24,641 posts, read 14,082,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I dont think anyone has mentioned that thousands of Iraq christians left after the War.
They had their churches burned and their lives were in danger.
Its illegal to have a bible in many countries,if you convert to faith other than islam..
You can be killed.Theres something to talk about....
Hey, we were bringing them democracy at the point of a gun.
The US destroyed a secular country.
The US christers should stay the heck out of there. They should have worried about the Iraqi xian souls before the war; not by adding insult to injury afterwards.
Didn't Bush say that his god told him to go into Iraq?

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' | World news | The Guardian
One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 AM

9,310 posts, read 3,159,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Christians aren't beheading those who will not convert. The Christians are not recruiting suicide bombers to blow up innocent people. The Christians are not hijacking commercial airlines and flying them into buildings or into the ground. The Christians are not converting people by the point of a sword. Are they Tightwad?

Awwwww man- don't go hitting them with facts and common sense. Moonbats don't like that!

Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM

4,997 posts, read 1,858,640 times
Default Fantasy

"Joseph Smith, Jr. (December 23, 1805 June 27, 1844) was the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, a group of churches whose adherents regard him as a prophet.

In the late 1820s, Smith announced that an angel had given him a book of golden plates, containing a religious history of ancient American peoples. Smith claimed the book was written in an unknown language, which he translated by use of seer stones given with the plates. In 1830, Smith published this translation as the Book of Mormon and organized what he claimed was a restoration of the early Christian church.

For at least some of his earliest translation, Smith said he used a "Urim and Thummim",[39] a pair of seer stones he said were buried with the golden plates.[40] Later translation, however, was with a single chocolate-colored stone he had found in 1822 and used for treasure hunting.[41] In a manner similar to his method for finding treasure,[42] he claimed he translated by gazing at the stone or stones in the bottom of his hat, excluding all light so that he could see the translated words.[43] The plates themselves were not directly consulted.

Smith's followers believe he saw God and regard his revelations as scripture. His teachings include unique views on the nature of godhood, cosmology, family structures, political organization, and religious collectivism. His legacy includes a number of religious denominations, which collectively claim a growing membership of nearly 14 million worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith,_Jr.

Seriously folks? This sounds like a Disney movie but it's not. Fully grown, mentally stable adults believe this nonsensical fantasy to be true. I wonder if people read this not knowing it was already a widely adhered to religion, how many would take it seriously..This stuff baffles me. All religion baffles me.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:03 AM

5,389 posts, read 4,770,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's quite ironic that you write this but your status says "Obama: aiding illegal aliens over American citizens."

That's very Christian of you.
LOL. you noticed that too. This is a trend - many of the "christian" folk are some of the most bigoted intolerant people you ever would not wish to meet. Apparently some Christians "count" less than other ones in their eyes. What would the dear lord say about that.

Last edited by bily4; 07-18-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies