Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with personal views, and practices, unless they are used as weapons to lord it over others. I won't subscribe to nasty religions based on fear. I've found a balance between personal contentment, and the intrigue of science. I don't have to prove a thing to skeptics, and I don't have to listen to insane fundies telling me that I have to follow Christ or be burned to a crisp, flipped over, and burned again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

How can you say god is the ultimate scientist when you can't even show me how you know he exist..LOL..Where are his studies? Where's the literature? Where's the evidence?
I use my God given senses and I can see, hear, smell, taste, feel, what God has created and I have faith.
Do you have faith that you will have another breath and if so how do you know? Do you believe that you will be on earth tomorrow and if so how do you know?

Did you even read my link because you did not mention that 40% of scientists believe in God.

Quote:
Dude, did you just write " I did a poll a few days ago" and pretend as if that had any credibility? LOL...Well then again, you do believe in fantasy and nonsense, I don't.
I did, and the people who made a choice in that poll are real and credible people or do you think they aren't?

Old 07-15-2010, 05:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Nothing wrong with personal views, and practices, unless they are used as weapons to lord it over others. I won't subscribe to nasty religions based on fear. I've found a balance between personal contentment, and the intrigue of science. I don't have to prove a thing to skeptics, and I don't have to listen to insane fundies telling me that I have to follow Christ or be burned to a crisp, flipped over, and burned again.
And yet you find the need to be nasty to those with faith for no other reason but that they have something you do not. Usually people who are secure in their beliefs don't display the need to mock others.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
[quote=TRUEGRITT;15057417]
Quote:
I use my God given senses and I can see, hear, smell, taste, feel, what God has created and I have faith.
Do you have faith that you will have another breath and if so how do you know? Do you believe that you will be on earth tomorrow and if so how do you know?

Did you even read my link because you did not mention that 40% of scientists believe in God.

I did, and the people who made a choice in that poll are real and credible people or do you think they aren't?
How do you know you're senses are "god given" if you can't prove that god even exist? If 40% of scientist believe in god that leaves 60% that don't.

I will continue to breathe until I don't. The earth will be here until it isn't. Various circumstances will determine these things not your unknown, unseen mythical sky god. I don't need to drop to my knees and pray to an invisible sky god that nobody can prove has ever existed. I don't need to believe that there is something "more" than me. I have faith on what is tangible not what is fantasized.

I have absolutely no idea and don't care who or what was in "your" pole..And no I don't take your word for it, you believe in fantasy.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And yet you find the need to be nasty to those with faith for no other reason but that they have something you do not. Usually people who are secure in their beliefs don't display the need to mock others.
"Obama: aiding illegal aliens over American citizens."

I'm curious..Does your god see geographical borders? Does he believe that people should be denied an opportunity to better themselves because of the geography of their birth? Does your god see any of his people as "illegal aliens"? Does your god believe that Americans are superior?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard to believe in something that can be supported scientifically but so easy to believe in a mythical character that you've never seen, never will see, have no proof ever existed who's story is filled was childlike fantasies that have all never been proven or ever witnessed?
Umm. Who said I don't believe something supported scientificially. I'm all about science. Believing in a creator doesn't go against science.

But I would really love you to prove the big bang theory? Please I am waiting. I know this post is a late response-as I worked today-BTW all based in science lol! But I am waiting for you to prove the big bang "theory" to me!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oh, I've met so many so called Christians who hate Muslims, and their leader, jesus christ, supposedly loved everyone. He also ran some poor pigs off a cliff.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Umm. Who said I don't believe something supported scientificially. I'm all about science. Believing in a creator doesn't go against science.

But I would really love you to prove the big bang theory? Please I am waiting. I know this post is a late response-as I worked today-BTW all based in science lol! But I am waiting for you to prove the big bang "theory" to me!!!
THE BIG BANG

Understanding Evolution

Big Bang Theory - Evidence for the Theory
What are the major evidences which support the Big Bang theory?
  • First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.
  • Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.
  • Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.
  • Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.
Big Bang Theory

I posted just a pinch of the scientific evidence that supports the BB and evolution. You can choose to except it or not. Now you present scientific, factual or any credible evidence that god exists.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
THE BIG BANG

Understanding Evolution

Big Bang Theory - Evidence for the Theory
What are the major evidences which support the Big Bang theory?
  • First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.
  • Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.
  • Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.
  • Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.

I posted just a pinch of the scientific evidence that supports the BB and evolution. You can choose to except it or not. Now you present scientific, factual or any credible evidence that god exists.
I tell you what, you show me where there is a consensus of scientist who believe the big bag theory to be factual and then you would have a valid point but, you can't, so you don't. There may be some scientists who based on certain but inconclusive evidence have faith that the theory is true but no scientist knows the theory to be a fact.

Just like the BB cannot be proved factual only theory, God cannot be be proven by science either, it takes faith either way. You choose what information you want to believe and guide you and I do the same.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM

[quote]
Quote:

How do you know you're senses are "god given" if you can't prove that god even exist? If 40% of scientist believe in god that leaves 60% that don't.
The same way you believe the BB theory, faith.
Quote:
I will continue to breathe until I don't. The earth will be here until it isn't. Various circumstances will determine these things not your unknown, unseen mythical sky god. I don't need to drop to my knees and pray to an invisible sky god that nobody can prove has ever existed. I don't need to believe that there is something "more" than me. I have faith on what is tangible not what is fantasized.
Yes you will breath until you do not but you have faith that you will be able to take your next breath, the same with the earth. God knows that not everyone will believe because some will choose to not believe and that is your prerogative. You believe the BB but it is not factual and I suppose that the scientists who do not believe in the BB theory are loons.

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea and don't care who or what was in "your" pole..And no I don't take your word for it, you believe in fantasy.
The who, are people from CD, there were no whats, just people, real people, and it seems we both have our own so called fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies