Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:09 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,840,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Thanks for the link. Yes, the reputable CIA, an organization of high character and integrity!
Of those pictured hijackers I wonder which one had his passport conveniently flip out of his jacket upon impact, and flutter intact to the ground (thereby establishing identity) to be easily found by a government agent.
I'm sure the CIA can establish who committed the crimes against the US in a bit more elaborate way than that. Because they were registered citizens, they may have found corpses (or whatever was left of them) and used DNA to find out who the people are. They could have found out who the hijackers were by the voices recorded on the "black box" or any other number of things. I'm not the CIA so I don't know, but what I do know is that the CIA has some tricks up their sleeve that go beyond looking for dropped passports.

If that bold was sarcasm disregard this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 05:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,134,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I'm sure the CIA can establish who committed the crimes against the US in a bit more elaborate way than that. Because they were registered citizens, they may have found corpses (or whatever was left of them) and used DNA to find out who the people are. They could have found out who the hijackers were by the voices recorded on the "black box" or any other number of things. I'm not the CIA so I don't know, but what I do know is that the CIA has some tricks up their sleeve that go beyond looking for dropped passports.

If that bold was sarcasm disregard this post.
In the rubble no bodies were found. So how can they get DNA samples?
According to the government, none of the black boxes were found. Other sources (on the internet) dispute this claim.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:21 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,916,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess it is time to boycott New York. It makes more sense than boycotting Arizona.
Excellent idea. For starters, please don't come here, and spread the word. For me it's not even about politics. It's about having to deal with the constant inconvenience of lost tourists and their maps and cameras.

And to the person who asked why they would build a Mosque on the grounds of the World Trade Center, that's an excellent question. Here's an excellent answer: They're not.

Most of you have no idea how small Manhattan actually is, so you also don't know that when something is built a few blocks away there really isn't that much of a connection for those of us who actually live here. We build UP, not OUT. Things that have nothing to do with each other are built close together, and everyone manages just fine. For instance, the Knicks don't play in the post office across 8th avenue, so when the Knicks stink it doesn't have an impact on our mail.

There just isn't the connection people are trying to make between the Trade Center site and this venue which is NOT going to be there.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why are Muslims praying in a community center?
Do Christians and Jews have rooms to pray as well?

Why are Muslims going there to pray?

Irrelevant.

I thought you knew all about this community center where Muslims pray....
I guess you don't.
I know that it isn't a Mosque. It is a community center, as stated by the "founder" or whatever you want to call him. I find it quite funny that there would be a pool, conference rooms, etc in a Mosque don't you? Why is their a prayer room in a community center from Muslims? Well as far as I know I believe Muslims have to and do pray many times a day at specific times and the person building this community center knows that so for connivence sake he allowed a room to built in the center? Why don't Christians and Jews have rooms to pray also? I'm assuming its because Christians and Jews (I'm only positive about the Christians because I was one for 22 years) don't need to pray at every hour of the day, and when/if they do they pray with a rosary sitting on a bench or something like that, its not very involved? I've prayed the rosary before, you hold in your hands and say a prayer for each part of the rosary quietly or to yourself, its not that big of a spectacle and doesn't need to happen at specific times during the day. Also when Christians and Jews do have their primary services its more often than not done at Churches and Synagogues. Muslims on the other hand can have their primary services anywhere they are, even in there homes from what I've seen. But having people all of a sudden going to the ground and "bowing" (what you normally see when Muslims are praying) wouldn't look so normal the middle of a room where other things are happening. So looking at it from that perspective the "founder" is actually looking out for the "normal folk" (in your mind) by keeping it separate. One would consider that a courtesy.

Moderator cut: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 06:05 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 05:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,373,681 times
I have friends who do live in the fine city of N.Y. and some think that this mosque is like adding salt to a wound, others feel that this mosque being built, is a sign of moving on and healing, who the hek is right. I do know one thing, hate to say this, but religion does seem to have it's share of problems, does not matter the religion, they all have their problems, And believe me i am not sticking up for those who did such evil things on 9/11 but all muslims i am sure are not evil, as all chrisians are not evil But People do carry religion to such a extreme and this is what causes such issues.. I have family who live in N.Y. and some don't even want to talk about this mosque at all, it is taboo with them, while others are bitc---- about it, and some think by building the mosque it will help in the healing process, who is right and who is wrong, are there any right or wrong answers here, mine does not matter, because the mosque is happening whether i like it or not. What silly questions, is it not true that in life, those who commit violence, should be dealt with no matter who you are.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
In the rubble no bodies were found. So how can they get DNA samples?
According to the government, none of the black boxes were found. Other sources (on the internet) dispute this claim.
As I said I'm not the CIA so I don't know all their tactics for doing things probably not going to find that out either. But you really aren't giving much credit to one of the better intelligence agencies in the world by making that comment about them needing to find a passport laying on the ground.

Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,731,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Because that makes sense. psst it's still not a Mosque.
If it's not a mosque, why does Mayor Bloomberg call it a mosque? Bloomberg: Investigating WTC Mosque Is Un-American

NEW YORK — "New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would be un-American to investigate a mosque that is planned for construction near where the World Trade Center once stood."

Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
If it's not a mosque, why does Mayor Bloomberg call it a mosque? Bloomberg: Investigating WTC Mosque Is Un-American

NEW YORK — "New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would be un-American to investigate a mosque that is planned for construction near where the World Trade Center once stood."
I don't know? He's uninformed and doesn't know a Mosque from a hole in the ground maybe?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,768,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Islam is not only a religion, it is a theocracy.
Actually it is defined as a religion...Nice try though
Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam | Define Islam at Dictionary.com

Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,731,575 times
For any who are reading this thread who want to continue with a serious discussion, I offer this link to an interesting video:
YouTube - Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque There's a lot of food for thought and discussion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies