Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,507,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He hasnt spent the weekend with his family since being president? ALso he cant spend that weekend say at the white house. Or how about at the beach like Michelle Obama told us was so important for us to do.
The opening sentence of the OP link:

Quote:
President Obama and his family arrived Friday for a weekend getaway in Maine.
The Obama-haters are so desperate, it's truly pathological.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,733,600 times
Good for him. I hope he enjoys his vacation. I think too many people are counting on one man to run the country. The more the President stays out of things the better imo.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,783,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

Pathological and pathetic.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,209,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
He could work from his Texas home , many times meetings were held there . I wouldnt call that a vacation .
One time he took the press on a tour . They were impressed he knew so much about wildlife .
Since he spent 1/3 of his time away from DC, yes, he probably was working part of that time. But please be honest and acknowledge that a vacation is a vacation. Is is so wrong to want to go to the beach instead of going to TX (where his poor, benighted Laura that you guys were so worried about is from, too)? Is it wrong to prefer gold to cutting brush? Big whoop about the wildlife; is that a job requirement?

BTW, how many meetings? What percentage of the time he was gone was he in "meetings"?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 AM

563 posts, read 517,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then get the education required and run for president. I'm sure you'll be successful.
Bush took 1022 days total or 127 days per year of vacation during his presidency; were you whining then?

If you're anti-union and protection, you don't deserve 10% of his time off, remember Unions brought you the 40 hour work week.
Let's see, that's 63 days in 1.5 years. 63*10%=6.3 days per year. Your job doesn't offer a week off per year? Really, what kind of business are you in? What kind of background and education is required for your position?

The faux outrage is humorous.
Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.

Then run for the job; I'm sure you're eminently qualified for the position.
Did you whine during the Bush administration when he took 127 days vacation per year, he must have been so tired after putting 100k Iraqis and hundreds of US military to their deaths.
Let's see.....that is 6.3 days to date using your formula.

My position at my company requires a degree. When we have an economy the way it is, bosses are able to do what they want.

Could you show me where I posted that I said anything about being against Unions? They have their place in society, but not in every profession. What was I doing when Bush took those days....saying the same thing I am now, but only louder.

Thy name is Republican? Look at my voter card....come down to Fla, I'll show it to you. It does not say Republican anywhere on it.

Let me ask you this being you seem to know so much.....It is a quite simple question....What has Obama done for the good of this Country that he needs to go on vacation again? If you can't come up with one for vacation, then what has he done for the good?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,560,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Did you say PERMANENT VACATION! OH WELL i could hope couldn't I. Darn it!
Yeah "Darn it!" why can't productive things to this country come once in a while?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:17 AM

23,318 posts, read 17,001,523 times
Default Collins and Snowe bring PO to Bar Harbor

Its clear, Obama bought Collins and Snowe's vote on financial reform by agreeing to vacation at Bar Harbor. S&C should have held out for more like Nebraska and Louisianna for their healthcare votes.

Those two must have moved to Maine from Vermont or California. Suspect that pair will be voted out next election.

Any president of the US in this moment in time would have spent his vacation in the Gulf to raise the spirits of his oil drenched electorate.

As PO is so into symbolism, as in closing Gitmo or deleting phrases deemed offensive such as 'Islamic terrorism', you would figure he would do something symbolic, like not vacationing in Maine.

Obama is sooo disconnected from American values. Forget the birth certificate controversy, this guy has proven by his actions is not from, for or familiar with America.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,209,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Its clear, Obama bought Collins and Snowe's vote on financial reform by agreeing to vacation at Bar Harbor. S&C should have held out for more like Nebraska and Louisianna for their healthcare votes.

Those two must have moved to Maine from Vermont or California. Suspect that pair will be voted out next election.

Any president of the US in this moment in time would have spent his vacation in the Gulf to raise the spirits of his oil drenched electorate.

As PO is so into symbolism, as in closing Gitmo or deleting phrases deemed offensive such as 'Islamic terrorism', you would figure he would do something symbolic, like not vacationing in Maine.

Obama is sooo disconnected from American values. Forget the birth certificate controversy, this guy has proven by his actions is not from, for or familiar with America.
And if he had gone to the gulf, the RW would be screaming that he was just doing that for "show".

Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,812,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

Did they move the White House to Maine?

Did you hear Michelle Obama telling us we need to help our fellow Americans and go to the gulf? Guess that doesnt apply to them

Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM

37,621 posts, read 21,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama vacations for the 3rd time since oil spill crisis.

Obama vacation brings rest, relaxation and rebuke
This vacation in Maine comes a few days after his wife was on TV, encouraging all the little people to show a little empathy and have a heart, by vacationing in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies