Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 09:15 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,200,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I drew the line, now it's up to you to prove that I'm wrong
You won't accept any facts I post, so what's the use?

Anyway:

G.W. Bush- Served in the Texas Air National Guard
Bill Clinton- A draft dodger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 09:17 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You won't accept any facts I post, so what's the use?

Anyway:

G.W. Bush- Served in the Texas Air National Guard
Bill Clinton- A draft dodger
Did Clinton do anything illegal?

Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,853,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just cowardly.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,853,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Fleet,

Since I'm not the only one who does not believe that he served admiraly (sp) and you have yet to answer ANY of my questions or even provide a reasonable defense for his service record, I have no reason to change my stance on the subject
His service record is clear. The Leftist Bush-haters have no credibility on the issue. They tried their best with Rather and his forged documents, which ended badly for both.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 PM

24,484 posts, read 33,200,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
His service record is clear. The Leftist Bush-haters have no credibility on the issue. They tried their best with Rather and his forged documents, which ended badly for both.
Yeah, the libs have to make up stories about Bush because they know he did serve (and Clinton was a draft-dodger).

Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 AM

56,989 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
According to the logic used here the answer is no, he received a deferment just as Bush served honorably according to the records. Don't try to go beyond the records and use some intelligence to analyze the circumstances. Some are perfecly satisfied with his honorable discharge and need not look any deeper.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, the libs have to make up stories about Bush because they know he did serve (and Clinton was a draft-dodger).
Bush didnt serve, there is zero proof that he served, the best he could come up with were some doctored pay stubs.

He never flew a jet without someone else being in it and doing the flying for him. And that was during training. He never attended any drills, and has no record of ever flying.

He is a poser, a fake, and a fraud.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
According to the logic used here the answer is no, he received a deferment just as Bush served honorably according to the records. Don't try to go beyond the records and use some intelligence to analyze the circumstances. Some are perfecly satisfied with his honorable discharge and need not look any deeper.
That was my point. Clinton did not do anything illegal. I know many in his demographic who did exactly as he did. I know some who simply lucked out and had high draft numbers, too.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:01 AM

56,989 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
That was my point. Clinton did not do anything illegal. I know many in his demographic who did exactly as he did. I know some who simply lucked out and had high draft numbers, too.
No Clinton didn’t do anything illegal but he sure used the influence of a senator to avoid being drafted. I can’t blame him but for a senator to influence who is drafted to me is illegal although that will also never be proven. Clintons could have also been drafted if not for the intervention of Senator Fullbright and others and also could have gone into the ROTC.

Still there is more objectionable for someone who gives the perception of having served while dodging the draft.

Story below on Connecticut Attorney General portraying himself as a Vietnam Veteran. He is running for Senator in Connecticut.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/ny...lumenthal.html

Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,432,455 times
Lightbulb Bush's military service = no hero

As the grandson of a billionaire, Bush was allowed to step in front of dozens of other applcants to enlist in the Texas Air National Gurad. That status ensured him immunity from seeing combat in Vietnam. His playboy partying and drinking caused him to mess up his ANG time, too.

George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies