Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't think that the DOJ is or should be the first stop. I think other agencies look at information to see if anything of substance is there and they pass their findings on to the DOJ. I think that these care HAS BEEN reviewed by a lower agency who conclude that there did not exist enough evidence to go forward.
What? I guess you have no idea what went on do you. The DOJ had this the entire time. They won their case and then decided to lessen the penalties. There was no lower court ruling that threw this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
[quote=roysoldboy;15107312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Here is the link which shows someone called the police and the police confronting them.

Breitbart.tv » Update: Police Confront Night Stick-Wielding ‘Security’ Patrol at Philadelphia Poll

I feel so sorry for black policemen who have to take part in things like that but that one really showed that he knew that neither of those people had any business at that place. After reading the transcript a few minutes ago in which it was determined that the Democrat poll watchers were inside with the GOP ones I find it strange that that big guy was needed outside. I believe that him being with Shabazz is reason enough to prosecute them together.
LOL....the people around there looked REALLY frightened....lol. I have yet to see evidence of voter intimidation. I would suggest that they have a no loitering law that says that people cannot stand for more than a certain period of time in front of a polling stations because some people will be "intimidated" by them. That is the thing....intimidation is SUBJECTIVE. I would have in no way found those guys intimidating. I would have taken note of them...but they are hardly blocking any entrance or anything of that nature. Again....just a bunch of "scary looking black men"....lol

Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that white people tend to be intimidated by black people anyway. As much as you talk about black criminality and black violence....any black people standing in front of any establishment is intimidating to some white folks. Hell....Detroit went from a majority white city to a majority black city because whites were intimidated by blacks. The justice department needs something OBJECTIVE to go by....not the SUBJECTIVE fears of whites concerning blacks.
If they just would, they could start here...

YouTube - NAACP Bigotry in their ranks

This woman needs some prison time.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What? I guess you have no idea what went on do you. The DOJ had this the entire time. They won their case and then decided to lessen the penalties. There was no lower court ruling that threw this out.
No...I don't know that. All I know is what I seen in the video and I witnessed nothing that would have intimidated me and no one showing up in that video looked intimidated. I mean...if the person video taping was really that scared....they were awful close to these guys having a back and forth.

Have you ever gone to a corner store in the neighborhood and there is a bunch of guys hanging out in front of the store? My mom would never go to those stores because she felt intimidated. The question is, however, were they youth standing there to intimidate people or were they just hanging out. Should they be charged with "shopper intimidation". One would have to prove INTENT, I would imagine. Thus, what was the goal of the BPP in being there? Were they there to keep people from voting? In other words....was their intention to intimidate voters or was voting intimidation simply an effect of the way they were dressed and having a billy club? Again, they have no way of knowing who a person is going to vote for to have had an agenda of suppressing opposition votes to OBama. It just does not make any sense in regards to INTENT. Really...this is a loitering violation if anything.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that your links establish the fact that the poll watchers knew and saw nothing since they couldn't see outside. HOwever, whoever the guy who took them down there, brought coffee and doughnuts and lunch did enter and leave and I think he was the man that was showed on Fox but then they obviously would stage anything they wanted to do. I think we need to outlaw the use of anything from TV unless it comes from ABC, NBC, or CBS since they don't seem to show the same things that Fox does.

Maybe we need to establish what a poll watcher is since only those on the inside are considered to be "poll watchers" since they move from place to place.

I always thought that poll watchers were supposed to represent their party but this woman seemed to be a Democrat and she says she represented the Republicans. I suppose that the early day reasons for appointing poll watchers must have gone by the wayside.
From a DOJ Memorandum recommending prosecution.

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/DOJmemo_12...gainstNBPP.pdf

Larry and Angela Counts, the husband and wife poll workers, confirmed that they were afraid to leave the polling place until the Black Panthers had departed. This is consistent with the behavior of Counts as described to us by Fischetti. Angela Counts said she kept looking out the window at the Black Panthers with concern. She said she wondered what might occur next and if someone might "bomb the place." Lunch was brought to them, instead of them leaving to get it themselves. Larry and Angela Counts told us that when they finally departed the pooling place, the first checked to see if the Blacks Panthers were still deployed outside. They told us that they only because the Black Panthers had departed.
Maura stated that they were deployed because of a report that "one of our poll watchers was being harassed [by the Black Panthers]." Hill noted that he received a report that the Black Panthers had confronted Counts and called him a "race traitor."
Republican Party poll watcher Larry Counts was subject to abuse.

Megyn Kelly on Black Panther Story: It's About Fidelity to Law, Not Panthers | FoxNews.com

KELLY: Yes, because what people forget to say, they always say, oh, nobody actually testified to voter intimidation. No. 1, that's not true. I've read the testimony, unlike almost everybody who comments on this case. And it wasn't just Bartle Bull. It was another guy named Chris Hill, who testified that in particular there was a black poll watcher there who was very shaken up, who was visibly upset, who demanded that the police be called, because he was called…
O'REILLY: And the police were called.
KELLY: He was called a race traitor…
O'REILLY: Right.
KELLY: …and told him if he stepped outside, there would be hell to pay. That was a black poll watcher. Plus, they testified at least three voters turned away.

You have read the testimony that Larry and Angela Counts gave to the Civil Rights Commission investigator. Does it come anywhere close to what the DOJ memorandum claimed or what Kelly reported on the O'Reilly show?

The poll watchers are appointed by the party. Based on the testimony the Republicans pay better than the Democrats ($200 vs $75). I can only speculate why the Republicans chose to use Mr and Mrs Counts, but it wasn't the first time that they served as Republican poll watchers.

Perhaps this is why the Bush Administration backed away from the criminal charges.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Camera crew or a couple of students who were there to see what was happening? I guess camera crew would be anybody with a cell phone taking pictures to you.
The original camera crew was a person working for the Republican party who was dispatched there after hearing reports about possible voter intimidation.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Here is the link which shows someone called the police and the police confronting them.

Breitbart.tv » Update: Police Confront Night Stick-Wielding ‘Security’ Patrol at Philadelphia Poll

I feel so sorry for black policemen who have to take part in things like that but that one really showed that he knew that neither of those people had any business at that place. After reading the transcript a few minutes ago in which it was determined that the Democrat poll watchers were inside with the GOP ones I find it strange that that big guy was needed outside. I believe that him being with Shabazz is reason enough to prosecute them together.
I'm glad the police showed up. They should have been called earlier. Actually Jackson was allowed to remain because he was a Democratic poll watcher. Jackson was moving back and forth from inside to outside.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:39 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
[quote=Indentured Servant;15107502]
Quote:

LOL....the people around there looked REALLY frightened....lol. I have yet to see evidence of voter intimidation. I would suggest that they have a no loitering law that says that people cannot stand for more than a certain period of time in front of a polling stations because some people will be "intimidated" by them. That is the thing....intimidation is SUBJECTIVE. I would have in no way found those guys intimidating. I would have taken note of them...but they are hardly blocking any entrance or anything of that nature. Again....just a bunch of "scary looking black men"....lol
The military style uniforms and the deadly weapon, in this case a night stick. Now add the racist comments. Anyone using common sense would come to the conclusion they were there to intimidate.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
If they just would, they could start here...

YouTube - NAACP Bigotry in their ranks

This woman needs some prison time.
This sk*** needs to lose her job now. Not too bright admitting she committed civil rights violations in her Government job. Do I smell a civil rights lawsuit being filed soon?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM

29 posts, read 28,886 times
Too many people labor under the illusion that the Bush administration "backed away" from criminal charges.

Fact: the criminal charges were filed by the Bush administration under the voters rights law....and BTW...it doesn't matter how many people say they were intimidated. The law says that anyone who stands outside a voting place and acts in an intimidating manner, which the videos of the incident clearly show these two NBPP morons did, are in violation the law.

The Bush administration left the complete prosecution of the case to the incoming administration, which had a cut and dried conviction, and then dropped the case, and we are finding out now, why.

We not only have an illegitimate administration, we also have the most corrupt, Constitution-ignoring and racist one as well.

All you zero-supporters happy? I guess not, the way zero's approval numbers are going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies