Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:24 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

Indoctrinate U

Has anyone heard of this? It's about time some of what is going on at our institutions of higher education is exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Great website! It's so true. I signed up to see the movie in my area. Thanks

Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Maybe we can learn about all them libs and their pushing of athletics for money. All them lib business schools. Can't forget science - that might be the worst one. Science is evil.

Pharmacy - no way. Big Pharm is more lib than Michael Moore.

Education - why that's the school where they teach others to teach lib like them.

Math... engineering....- oh yeah where libs go and create lib sites like Google....

I feel indoctrinated n' stuff just thinking about all of the liberal colleges that make up universities.

Wow.

Too bad wingnuts don't actually think about the illogical unfounded rhetoric they puke daily....

Old 06-22-2007, 04:10 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times
That looks interesting. I went to a state university that is politically pretty conservative, and I definitely had to deal with some classes that taught some very politically liberal ideas that I disagreed with. In some of the history, social sciences, philosophy and english classes in particular, I was faced with situations where I knew if I wrote what I believed, I'd probably fail the assignment/test/paper.

I would be OK with this if it had been presented in a more moderate fashion. But in many cases, you are faced with some nutjob teacher.. i.e., "Gender is NOT real, it is completely made up by society!".. where you're just screwed.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:15 PM

My daughter's gay math professor took the first two weeks of his class talking about his sex life. Where's the math? My daughter had to sit through a two hour rant about how the white man is responsible for all the ills in the world and how he should be taxed for being white and a man. She also had to sit through an Anti-American Mexican speaker (that she likened to white Supremes) ranting against America, American citizens and stomping on the American flag to cheers of the indoctrinated.

Where’s the education? I am wondering how this education will enhance her goals towards dentistry.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:42 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,892 times
It goes both ways, I had a math teacher (excellent when it came to teaching math), but I remember once how he had us figure out how many babies had been "murdered" since Roe vs. Wade and things like that. That also does not belong in the class room.

However, I have never felt that you have to think one way or another in order to please the political mindset of the professor in order to get a good grade.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
It goes both ways, I had a math teacher (excellent when it came to teaching math), but I remember once how he had us figure out how many babies had been "murdered" since Roe vs. Wade and things like that. That also does not belong in the class room.

However, I have never felt that you have to think one way or another in order to please the political mindset of the professor in order to get a good grade.
Hey that like the new radical math! Integrating Issues of Social, Political, and Economic Justice into Mathematics Curriculum. This is a new and creative avenue of indoctination! Get em' young, Get em' dumb! Leave no avenue of indoctrination closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies