Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times

Advertisements

These people will continue to deny, deny, deny, because they need to try to keep control of Black and other minority groupthink.

You are doing a fine job but you needn't really be bothered with these types unless you just want to. I know it can provide entertainment. I hope you are also distributing facts elsewhere and to the people who are affected by, and stuck in, this groupthink.

The tide is beginning to turn away from liberal groupthink.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-20-2010 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: quote removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
These people will continue to deny, deny, deny, because they need to try to keep control of Black and other minority groupthink.

You are doing a fine job but you needn't really be bothered with these types unless you just want to. I know it can provide entertainment. I hope you are also distributing facts elsewhere and to the people who are affected by, and stuck in, this groupthink.

The tide is beginning to turn away from liberal groupthink.
Indeed. The tide is beginning to turn away from liberals' destructive groupthink.

The display of liberals' stubborn closed-mindedness on this thread should be enough to prompt any reasonable person to question their motives and doubt their sincerity. It was quite disappointing and disheartening to see them adamantly refuse to recognize the diversity of the Tea Party members and refuse to listen to what the candidates they support have to say.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
[MOD CUT/moot]

Of course as those 40% would not have voted Republican,it would seem to suggest that the other ideologies including the Democrats have lost some of their supporters.

I am sure the next talking point will be how the Democrats didn't WANT those supporters anyway....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-20-2010 at 05:14 PM..

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Racist? Bigoted? No.
Right-leaning mainstream demographically? YES!
Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Open your mind a little and let go of the hate...

haha! Okay, keep going. You're on a roll.

Yeah, their mainstream if you count middle-age white folk as such, plus your young African-American woman.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Again instead of trying to divert the topic(which y'all have done for how many pages now...good job) why not discuss the loss of those Democratic voters to a movement that some of you calim is 'Wacist'????

Or just keep diverting the topic rather than discuss the loss of supporters,I don't really mind if the Dems lose members,it is a good thing in my opinion if BOTH parties lose members.
The loss of Democrats? Okay. Let's get some ground rules established.

First, you need to establish how many Democrats are in this country.

Then you need to establish the size of the Tea Party.

Then you can use the 13% to figure out how many Democrats have joined the Tea Party, and divide that number by the total number of Democrats in the United States. Which will be less than 1% given the relative sizes of the Democrat Party versus the Tea Party. Um, less than 1 out of every hundred Democrats. Every political study shows that party loyalty has been faltering since Nixon, and that the electorate is increasingly voting by issue or simply by candidate. Hardly anyone votes straight-ticket anymore. So less than 1% of Democrats are finding some resonance in one of the numerous Tea Party groups (the Tea Party itself has not been able to establish a cohesive platform or message, it initially welcomed everyone--including racists---and is only now starting to define itself). So you want to discuss why fewer than one out of every hundred Democrats has become interested in a poorly defined, vague group of people whose original purpose was tax reform, a matter close to all our hearts and interests?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The loss of Democrats? Okay. Let's get some ground rules established.

First, you need to establish how many Democrats are in this country.

Then you need to establish the size of the Tea Party.

Then you can use the 13% to figure out how many Democrats have joined the Tea Party, and divide that number by the total number of Democrats in the United States. Which will be less than 1% given the relative sizes of the Democrat Party versus the Tea Party. Um, less than 1 out of every hundred Democrats. Every political study shows that party loyalty has been faltering since Nixon, and that the electorate is increasingly voting by issue or simply by candidate. Hardly anyone votes straight-ticket anymore. So less than 1% of Democrats are finding some resonance in one of the numerous Tea Party groups (the Tea Party itself has not been able to establish a cohesive platform or message, it initially welcomed everyone--including racists---and is only now starting to define itself). So you want to discuss why fewer than one out of every hundred Democrats has become interested in a poorly defined, vague group of people whose original purpose was tax reform, a matter close to all our hearts and interests?
Is the loss of Dem voters to the Tea Party good or bad?

If the Tea Party is 'Wacist' and so conservative as some have stated,why would Dem voters join the party?

I would think ANY voter loss to ANY other party should be cause for alarm to the party faithful such as yourself.

Me,I find the shedding of supporters by BOTH parties great,the sooner both become irrelevant the better.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM

So...........13% of the Tea Party identify themselves as Dem supporters,meaning that party has LESS supporters.

To the party faithful,is this good or bad?

Also 57% of the Tea Party memebers identify themselves as Republican supporters,meaning that party has less supporters.

To the party faithful,is THAT good or bad?

From the survey(y'all DID go read the survey right???) 44% of tea Party members are women,thought that was interesting...

Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Is the loss of Dem voters to the Tea Party good or bad?

If the Tea Party is 'Wacist' and so conservative as some have stated,why would Dem voters join the party?

I would think ANY voter loss to ANY other party should be cause for alarm to the party faithful such as yourself.

Me,I find the shedding of supporters by BOTH parties great,the sooner both become irrelevant the better.
Is the loss of Dem voters good or bad? That remains to be seen, doesn't it? It's a matter of perspective, but also a matter for the future. It's hard to say, when really, is there one Tea Party, or are there many local groups using the Tea Party umbrella, but without a cohesive message or policy?

Since the groups are local, some of those groups are racist. Which is made clear when the nominal national leadership of the movement has to step up to the plate and repudiate racism. There are certainly racists in the Tea Party movement, just as there are racists everywhere in the United States. There are racists in police departments, there are racists in the Democrat Party, there are racists in Las Vegas, there are racists teachers. The Tea Party gets called racist because it's done little to repudiate racists. That seems to be changing, and hopefully the Tea Party can make it clear to racists who've used the movement to further their agendas, that that won't float with the party. But there's not really alot to say until the Tea Party pulls itself together and actually has a political convention where the party functions as a party, outlining its goals and policies, so that the rest of us can evaluate it fairly.

And I'm not a party faithful. I'm an Independent. I vote for the person I think will serve me best in office. I want my candidates to be intelligent, and honest. I can forgive a mistake, but when someone tries to cover up a mistake, it's a problem for me. I vote and I vote often, but every vote I cast is the result of research and a great deal of thought.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
So...........13% of the Tea Party identify themselves as Dem supporters,meaning that party has LESS supporters.

To the party faithful,is this good or bad?

Also 57% of the Tea Party memebers identify themselves as Republican supporters,meaning that party has less supporters.

To the party faithful,is THAT good or bad?

From the survey(y'all DID go read the survey right???) 44% of tea Party members are women,thought that was interesting...
Then what about all the Independent voters who think the Tea Party is horrible. They must account for more than 13% therefore Democrats will have a net gain of supporters.

The favorable opinion of the Tea Party has dropped from 50% in March, to 36% last month, btw.

The American people can see right past the crap.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM

Why wouldn't independent voters continue to vote for independent candidates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies