Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes and 'republicans' THE PARTY, may be, but the republican POLITICIAN is just a man/woman

do you think it was fair to hillary, that bill, was fooling around with monica, on the job????????

I dont care what 'party' you are,,, once a cheater, always a cheater
But the Republican politician is part of the party. He's setting a bad example and he can't even follow the party's views. If you don't want to follow the Republican views, then become a Democrat or be independent. At least Bill Clinton never claimed he belongs to the party of morals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There is some stuff I will never see eye to eye on with the conservatives. Same goes for the liberals.

But this topic is about something conservatives do that I don't understand.

Why is it that conservatives have pre-marital sex, end up with an unwanted pregnancy, then have the baby anyway because they claim they're too moral to get an abortion. You have no problem with sex before marriage, but you're too moral for abortion? The church is against abortion and pre-marital sex, but why do so many conservatives only listen to church's view on abortion and they disregard the church's view on premarital sex?

I realize not all conservatives are religious but this thread is about the religious conservatives that act the way I described above

I believe in god but I don't go to church...one of the reasons I don't go to church is because of all the hypocrisy that goes on. Yes, I support abortion. But in other ways, I am way more moral than these church goers that claim to be so moral.
If you were able to travel back in time, would you support your own abortion? I know for many abortion is a very tough issue, so my response isn't to flame but just a thought instead to imagine ourselves as the focus of an abortion.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
There is some stuff I will never see eye to eye on with the conservatives. Same goes for the liberals.

But this topic is about something conservatives do that I don't understand.

Why is it that conservatives have pre-marital sex, end up with an unwanted pregnancy, then have the baby anyway because they claim they're too moral to get an abortion. You have no problem with sex before marriage, but you're too moral for abortion? The church is against abortion and pre-marital sex, but why do so many conservatives only listen to church's view on abortion and they disregard the church's view on premarital sex?

I realize not all conservatives are religious but this thread is about the religious conservatives that act the way I described above

I believe in god but I don't go to church...one of the reasons I don't go to church is because of all the hypocrisy that goes on. Yes, I support abortion. But in other ways, I am way more moral than these church goers that claim to be so moral.
If you are confused about this maybe you don't see a difference between killing a baby and pre-marital sex. I don't even know why you bothered to ask the question.

Having sex out of wedlock is a an act of passion, or a momentary weakness, and sometimes the people involved are not thinking of the possible conciquences of their actions. Getting an abortion is a planned and protracted event, where you are fully aware of what you are doing. If you cannot see this, then you are either a simpleton or just being obtuse.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
But the Republican politician is part of the party. He's setting a bad example and he can't even follow the party's views. If you don't want to follow the Republican views, then become a Democrat or be independent. At least Bill Clinton never claimed he belongs to the party of morals.
So, are the Democrats then the party of amorality?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
no clinton never claimed to be part of the party of morals...but he did claim a lot of other things.....

Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I never said that. But the point is the Democrats never claimed to be so moral. There are moral and immoral people in each party. But at least the immoral Democrats are not being hypocritical.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:31 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
If you have no morals, no ethics, do not want to be burdened with responsibilities, have no accountability, and no concern for the rights and liberties of the American people or the US Constitution, then you can be a democrat, because you never promised them a Rose Garden.

Democratic Party - Where you never need to be accountable for your actions.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
If you were able to travel back in time, would you support your own abortion? I know for many abortion is a very tough issue, so my response isn't to flame but just a thought instead to imagine ourselves as the focus of an abortion.
I think abortion is a choice. Pro-choice is about having the choice of whether or not to have a baby. Whether you choose to have a baby or choose to have an abortion, you're making your own choice. My parents chose to have me. That was their choice. If they chose not to have me, that would also be their choice. If my parents didn't want me, I would rather they not have me.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
I never said that. But the point is the Democrats never claimed to be so moral. There are moral and immoral people in each party. But at least the immoral Democrats are not being hypocritical.

So they should be held to a lower standard? Their actions should be judged less harshly?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If you are confused about this maybe you don't see a difference between killing a baby and pre-marital sex. I don't even know why you bothered to ask the question.

Having sex out of wedlock is a an act of passion, or a momentary weakness, and sometimes the people involved are not thinking of the possible conciquences of their actions. Getting an abortion is a planned and protracted event, where you are fully aware of what you are doing. If you cannot see this, then you are either a simpleton or just being obtuse.
The point is not which is worse. The point is they both go against conservative values so it's hypocritical if you're too moral for abortion but not too moral for premarital sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies