Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,965,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sounds like blacks stuck on the teat of the Democratic plantation don't want their brothers and sisters discovering something better in life.
What would be better in life? Marching and congregating with people that raise signs with a picture of a Obama's head on a Witch Doctor's body, I guess your right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,916,116 times
For the life of me I have no idea why such people are given airtime.

There used to be a time when the news media actually used judgement when choosing guest for interviews, people who actually would ad to our understanding of the issues confronting the country.

Today, cable news is to information what the WWF is to Olympic wrestling.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:23 PM

46,795 posts, read 25,709,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's a well known fact that liberals infiltrate the Tea Party with racist and misspelled signs.
I thought this was sarcasm until I saw the username. Poe's law strikes again.

Anyway, the CNN guest was completely out of line. Unfair, offensive and disproportionate, all in one.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,597,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
CNN Guest Compares Black Tea Partiers To Jewish Guards At Nazi Camps

I guess calling them Uncle Toms and race traitors was getting a bit old hat.

Uh oh, LukeBoy is done for now. With the present incensed race climate, this comment won't go over too well. Looking at this guy's website, appears he has an anger problem, intentionally incites by making racist comments himself. A real loser.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM

46,795 posts, read 25,709,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

There used to be a time when the news media actually used judgement when choosing guest for interviews, people who actually would ad to our understanding of the issues confronting the country.

Oh, there's a simple explanation for that. A lot of commercial news outlets do not have newscasts as their marketable product any more. What they primarily produce and sell are reliable, segmented audiences - and they market their product to advertisers. A newscast with a robust demographic profile is highly valuable. So they broadcast whatever is more likely to appeal to their advertisers' target audience.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,060,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Come on dcsldcd. Are you saying that every racist Tea Partier is a Liberal? I hope your kidding!

So basically the Righties are thinking that a conspiracy is going on to make the Tea Party look bad?

No I am not saying that. What I am saying is that some on the left have publically called for infiltrating the Tea Parties in an attempt to discredit them with racist and misspelled signs. We do not know who is behind any sign like this. What we do know is they could be a liberal with an agenda. I am pretty sure we can find racists just about anywhere.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,526,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Was that during Hilters time or when we were limited to the big 3 netwroks choice of what they wanted us to hear.Unlimited infroamtion is always good ;it gicve choice ratehr than being told what to believe by those controling the news.Wanting to limit what gets airtime is very dangerous. But it didn't work in the 60's and it wouldn't now.Hitler and stalin practiced just what you propose. It was prctice here to a limited extent until teh 60's.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,916,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Was that during Hilters time or when we were limited to the big 3 netwroks choice of what they wanted us to hear.Unlimited infroamtion is always good ;it gicve choice ratehr than being told what to believe by those controling the news.Wanting to limit what gets airtime is very dangerous. But it didn't work in the 60's and it wouldn't now.Hitler and stalin practiced just what you propose. It was prctice here to a limited extent until teh 60's.
Please spare me the Godwin's Law arguments.

Just before I got my first newspaper job a good friend and columnist said to me,
"The news media is the only business protected by the Constitution, so we ought to treat it like it's damned public trust."
Now you can have your unlimited information, your blogs, your discussion groups and your websites, left, right and center, but the news media has a responsibility to the public to provide information constructive to the public discourse. This does not mean that every tom, dick and jane should be afforded the legitimacy that is conferred by appearing on the pages or programs of national news organizations. The opinion of this asinine individual does nothing to expand our understanding of the issues that confront us as a nation. Wasting the finite airtime, ink and bandwith which could be better utilized with actual reporting in depth on real issues, we are served up a steady diet of inflammatory talking heads who offer nothing of the kind.

This doesn't mean that we need to go back to the days of the Big Three, who by the way did a pretty exemplary job of presenting the issue, all it means is that the cable networks, be they MSNBC, CNN, FOX or who ever, start acting like their constitutionally protected business are a damned public trust.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,419,578 times

YouTube - Chicago TEA party part 2 rabble rouser.m4v

The infiltrators even interrupt when the patriotic songs are being sung??? That is really bad.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,355,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sounds like blacks stuck on the teat of the Democratic plantation don't want their brothers and sisters discovering something better in life.

Shut up! They don't want anyone to know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies