Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM

46,834 posts, read 25,759,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Why seperate people? Maybe they could just have "America Day", and leave it at that......
Indeed. Why would Muslims want to try to ensure they're made to feel reasonably welcome, when they could be met with sentiments like these instead?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There is one near me, I'll keep my eye out for smoke and loud explosions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
maybe Bin Laden will show up..I understand he likes cotton candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Great idea! Now for the airlines to create muslim-only family flights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapoutofit View Post
This is code for "loosen the bolts on the rides day".
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Boycott??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't think that they don't do these things on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Thanks, won't be going there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This is the dumbest idea ever. They better have good casualty insurance because those veils will get caught in a rotor, snap someones neck and their heads will pop off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspironmini View Post
"Join us for Muslim day at the Six Flags adventure park. You won't want to miss this one, it will be a BLAST! "
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetair View Post
Just goes to show how much hatred you create when you go around blowing people up, slicing hands, feet and heads off for miniscule "offenses" or stoning people for being, well, people. Amazing!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
What is next: Satan worshiper's day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Maybe they should combine it with Gay Day, save us all a lot of grief. The fireworks should be awesome.
On further thought, an "America Day" might actually be a good idea. If, of course, all Americans were made to feel welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,427,569 times
Quote:
Why do you hate America so much?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,413,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
In one sentence six flags created a new set of people who hated them, worshiped them and a few people said What? and WHY?

This is not capitalism its a few people in corporate headquarters running out of ideas and reasons people should go to six flags. People go to six flags for FUN and it it will always be about FUN.
Make six flags cost 20 per person and you will see more people at six flags and a boost in sales.
That's why it will appeal to FUNdamentalist Muslims...!!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,020,339 times
Religion: Six Flags over Islam - TIME

Quote:
The first Muslim Day at Six Flags, brainstormed by the New Jersey chapter of the grass-roots organization Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), was in 2000. It drew 8,000 customers. The next did better, with co-organizer Tariq Amanullah proudly announcing the sale of 10,000 tickets. That was on Sept. 8, 2001. Three days later, Amanullah, a finance executive, was one of the dozens of Muslims who died in the World Trade Center.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,207,768 times
Quote:
As a few others have pointed out, unless they exclude Jews, Christians, Atheists, etc., I have no problem with it. Although I will say that having a "day" for any religion is troublesome. Unless, they have "Amish Day", "Hindu Day", "Christian Day", "Satan Day", etc., to me they are just inviting trouble. Why seperate people? Maybe they could just have "America Day", and leave it at that......
As I stated above, "Muslim Day" would encompass all of the middle eastern countries because they have a state religion.

Is there a state religion for any of these other groups? I don't think so.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,472,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
As I stated above, "Muslim Day" would encompass all of the middle eastern countries because they have a state religion.

Is there a state religion for any of these other groups? I don't think so.
"Muslim Day" would also encompass many north African countries as well as a few Asian countries.

Think again. Do your research.

Roman Catholic:
Costa Rica
Liechtenstein
Malta
Monaco
Vatican City

Eastern Orthodox:
Cyprus
Greece
Finland

Lutheran:
Denmark
Iceland
Norway
Finland

Anglican:
England

Buddhism:
Bhutan
Cambodia
Kalmykia, a republic within the Russian Federation
Thailand
Tibet Government in Exile

Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,730,155 times
Quote:
As a few others have pointed out, unless they exclude Jews, Christians, Atheists, etc., I have no problem with it. Although I will say that having a "day" for any religion is troublesome. Unless, they have "Amish Day", "Hindu Day", "Christian Day", "Satan Day", etc., to me they are just inviting trouble. Why seperate people? Maybe they could just have "America Day", and leave it at that......
I agree. Their marketing department should try 'moms' day or 'dads' day etc. otherwise if they don't exclude anyone then I don't care.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,020,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I agree. Their marketing department should try 'moms' day or 'dads' day etc. otherwise if they don't exclude anyone then I don't care.
ICNA rented out the park for their use, meaning it has nothing to do with a 6 Flags marketing department decision.

If you want to rent out an amusement park for your use then go ahead.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM

412 posts, read 403,963 times
Quote:
Is this really such an outrage? My family's old church organized camping trips and trips to water parks when I was a kid, why can't muslims? Islamic extremism is certainly something to be concerned about, but these are just families taking their kids to an amusement park. Believe it or not, muslims are not demons who devote all of their time to world conquest. They have a right to enjoy a theme park if they want to.

(By the way, did you miss the part about the founder of the tradition being killed in the 9/11 attacks?)

Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,514,037 times
Quote:
Read the ad. The muslims are having a family day at Six Flags. It doesn't say Six Flags is having a muslim day.

If my Rotary group has a day at Six Flags, it's not sanctioned as "Rotary School Day" by Six Flags.

Geez people, do you have to read something into EVERYTHING?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies