Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People become billionaires by EMPLOYING others and making others wealthy. PERIOD.. Buffet, Gates for example have both provided so much wealth in america and around the world that they are underpaid..

Oh please.....Microsoft is an effing monopoly. You know how much competition in the PC and software industry has been squashed by government and the tendency for government to protect monopolies. I mean seriously..........are you really making that argument? Have you ever wondered why we only have one operating system throughout the world. I guess it's because Microsoft produces such a great product and no one else in the world could ever produce such a high quality product? LOL. I suggest you read into the history of Microsoft and Gates' ties with big government. He's a hardcore fascist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
The chicken
Mystery cracked: Chicken came first - UK - World - The Times of India

Obviously capitalism, if you doubt it, then look around at the glutt of labor.. If labor came first, then our economy would be boombing right? Without the capital to build the factories, to fnance the paychecks, the accounts receivable, to market the product, the labor is meaningless..
Hitler built quite a powerful economy on "sweat equity"

Old 07-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Its posters like you who make me thankful that I've entered into several businesses which can be completely run by computers, and I can outsource the programming needs to people in India, who are greatful to receive a paycheck..
LOL......give it another 50 years and the people in India will be saying the same thing to your grandkids.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
But like most Americans you are completely missing the big picture. Americas work to pay taxes
WHAT? WE DO? Wow, never once have I thought about how wonderful it would be to work hard, expand my businesses, so I can pay more taxes..
Quote:
.....government take your taxes...........and give that money back to corporations.
Really? So they dont provide education, road construction, police, fire, welfare, social security etc for the benefits of poor individuals? How odd.... what country do you live in again?
Quote:
The military industrial complex is the best most illustrious example.
You dont benefit from having a strong military minimizing any threat of being invaded? You dont benefit from the jobs created in the industry, who then takes their money out and buys things, that you create? ooh thats right.. these people have jobs to pay taxes..
Quote:
I mean have you been asleep for the last 20 years? It's the GOVERNMENT that is propping up private enterprise in America through special interest and lobbying.
So far, you finally got one right..
Quote:
So people like you who sit there and criticize government.............government and corporations are one in the same. Why not criticize BOTH government and corporations. I'm not talking about mom and pop type businesses. I'm talking corporations.
Wrong, because government ASSISTS corporations, but not all corporations.. GM for example got government assistance at the expense of Ford.. GS got assistance at the expense of their opponents. Whoever is buying the INFLUENCE is who gets the benefits, but they shut down their competition by way of government.. That is fascism, and its GOVERNMENT allowing it to happen..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hitler built quite a powerful economy on "sweat equity"
Hitler had to be able to pay a salary to create that powerful economy.. He used CAPITALISM, albeit government capitalism, to accomplish his goals..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 4,210 times
Quote:
Over the past 30 years 90% of Americans have been producing more value than what they have been getting paid for.

Godbless capitalism!~ LOL.
Of course there is a difference, it's called the profit margin. Without it, there is no incentive for the business owner to put his capital at risk and start the business in the first place - it would be easier and safer just to keep the money in the bank (and not create any jobs in the process). This isn't some evil conspiracy that you just suddenly stumbled upon, its simply a fundamental lack of understanding of the basic principles of capitalism on your part.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:43 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
But like most Americans you are completely missing the big picture. Americas work to pay taxes.....government take your taxes...........and give that money back to corporations. The military industrial complex is the best most illustrious example. I mean have you been asleep for the last 20 years? It's the GOVERNMENT that is propping up private enterprise in America through special interest and lobbying. So people like you who sit there and criticize government.............government and corporations are one in the same. Why not criticize BOTH government and corporations. I'm not talking about mom and pop type businesses. I'm talking corporations.
There's more Government propping in public corporations than private.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:44 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
But like most Americans you are completely missing the big picture. Americas work to pay taxes.....government take your taxes...........and give that money back to corporations. The military industrial complex is the best most illustrious example. I mean have you been asleep for the last 20 years? It's the GOVERNMENT that is propping up private enterprise in America through special interest and lobbying. So people like you who sit there and criticize government.............government and corporations are one in the same. Why not criticize BOTH government and corporations. I'm not talking about mom and pop type businesses. I'm talking corporations.

I could do that... but the government has no authority to prop up any business and or any group.
No where in the constitution does it say it can do this.
So with government not following its own rule of law it created a country that is lawless and banks and corporations grew around it.
Keep in mind it isn't just corporations it also takes your money for other things not in the constitution.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:

Really? So they dont provide education, road construction, police, fire, welfare, social security etc for the benefits of poor individuals? How odd.... what country do you live in again?

You dont benefit from having a strong military minimizing any threat of being invaded? You dont benefit from the jobs created in the industry, who then takes their money out and buys things, that you create? ooh thats right.. these people have jobs to pay taxes..

local taxes, state taxes support roads, police, fire education of which you can move from state to state and or local governments.
Federal taxes is welfare, ss.. this was created by the federal government not in the constitution. Nor are they "rights" They put you into the ss system when you are born and give you a number. Its broke along with the government. debt is broke. So your a slave to a system that is hard to get out of and your born into.

I do benefit from a strong military of which is in the constitution for national defense. It says nothing about nation building and having 700 bases around the world. "Invaded" well if that ever happened we have troops around the world instead at home defending our nation instead they trying to run the world. If we were invaded I can assure you we wouldn't need the miltary that is why we have the 2nd amendment.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
So you're saying the current military industrial complex sucking our country dry is not excessive? 700+ military complexes/bases/facilities in over 100+ countries? Sounds more like an empire than a strong military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies