Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM

404 posts, read 710,855 times

Advertisements

I support the legalization of marijuana use and cultivation for medical and private use. I have knowledge on who to grow, and I have done so in the past in the privacy of my own home. It's a victim less crime. My pot never hit the streets, I never have to pay drug dealers and possible supporters of terrorism for the stuff, and even though my state does not have medicinal laws, I have a condition that would qualify for the user permit in all 13 of the states with medical laws.

Don't get me wrong. I have problems with people selling drugs to kids, and people who grow for commercial profit. Maybe because I don;t need them anymore. I also do not support the legalization of crack, coke, heroine, meth. As for alcohol, I don't drink, and do agree that drunk drivers should have their driving licenses revoked.

Anyone who gets busted growing or using has a serious problem. How did it leave the house, why were others aware of the activity, did you really have to have that stuff out in public?

I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and they can make ethanol out of hemp along with paper clothing, fine linen, and bottles for bottled water to name a few things, and they can do it without herbisides, and ground water polluting pesticides. Add to this the increase in corn prices, and it's easy to see that the US is missing out on a potentially important renewable resource. The same resource that was used during the founding of this country, including all the wars fought for the freedom we all endear and enjoy.

Have a great day!

William
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 PM

617 posts, read 2,571,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
ha ha ha yeah, you know for those people on the run, who just want that quick bong hit of nicotine on their way out the door, plus its so much easier than lugging around that big bulky pack of cigarettes!
Not everyone smokes tobacco by way of cigarettes or cigars. Ever heard of a hookah? You can buy some amazing tasting tobacco out there...a bunch of friends sitting around a hookah is always great fun. I was actually at a hookah bar/restaurant tonight.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:50 PM

617 posts, read 2,571,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post
I support the legalization of marijuana use and cultivation for medical and private use. I have knowledge on who to grow, and I have done so in the past in the privacy of my own home. It's a victim less crime. My pot never hit the streets, I never have to pay drug dealers and possible supporters of terrorism for the stuff, and even though my state does not have medicinal laws, I have a condition that would qualify for the user permit in all 13 of the states with medical laws.

Don't get me wrong. I have problems with people selling drugs to kids, and people who grow for commercial profit. Maybe because I don;t need them anymore. I also do not support the legalization of crack, coke, heroine, meth. As for alcohol, I don't drink, and do agree that drunk drivers should have their driving licenses revoked.

Anyone who gets busted growing or using has a serious problem. How did it leave the house, why were others aware of the activity, did you really have to have that stuff out in public?

I've done a lot of reading on the subject, and they can make ethanol out of hemp along with paper clothing, fine linen, and bottles for bottled water to name a few things, and they can do it without herbisides, and ground water polluting pesticides. Add to this the increase in corn prices, and it's easy to see that the US is missing out on a potentially important renewable resource. The same resource that was used during the founding of this country, including all the wars fought for the freedom we all endear and enjoy.

Have a great day!

William
And I completely agree with everything you have to say! Well said.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 PM

404 posts, read 710,855 times
Thanks. I really should keep it to myself, but sometimes I get bored. It's all about personal preference. I don't drink, so I smoke instead....

Old 07-21-2007, 01:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
In my state it's a quirk in the law ... it's legal to sell, pipes, roach clips, bongs, papers, spoons, etc ... it's just illegal to own them. If you own them it's paraphernalia if you sell them in a store it's merchandise.
seriously? I thought Kentucky was the #1 state when it came to growing? that's some silly law making there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
To add to this point why if drinking and driving are against the law do bars have parking lots.
Personally I think that the prohibition of marijuana is a joke. I mean come on we havent won the war on drugs. I dont understand why this country is so ignorant when it comes to things that are common sense. I mean honestly who is getting anything out of the criminalization of pot, only the drug dealers, duh.
Instead of wasting billions of dollars fighting an unwinable war (not the only one) money should be spent on education and treatment.
Dont get me wrong I dont support decriminalization or leagalization of any other drugs but pot is not a drug, its a plant that can be used for so many different things.
I bet one day they will find a way to turn marijuana into fuel. That will be a very funny day.
I don't totally agree with you, but agree with most of it. The plant has already been used for nearly everything you can think of and I was thinking the other day about how it'll probably be a fuel sometime in the future. Can't wait for the day when it's totally legal and accepted
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepizzaguy View Post

Have a great day!

William
very good post

Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Some of the smoke shops out here (San Francisco) also double as medical marijuana dispensaries... you can get your pot & rolling papers in one trip, LOL.
looks like I'm moving to California....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies