Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM

611 posts, read 772,162 times

Advertisements

I am an advocate for intependent thinking.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." (quote)
Not everybody follows blindly. I certainly try not to.
Vote wisely, citizens! Check out the facts. Even then, we never know what we will get.
The most convincing liar often wins the votes.

Last edited by WestWillow; 07-22-2010 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 AM

8,582 posts, read 9,065,099 times
Think about it for a minute, can one herd cats? You can herd cows, sheep etc. but cats, no way. There is another animal easy to herd and that is humans. Humans are herded all over the world and have been for thousands of years. Are we really that free and independent? Not really........

Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,591,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWillow View Post
I am an advocate for intependent thinking.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Not everybody follows blindly. I certainly try not to.
Vote wisely, citizens! Check out the facts. Even then, we never know what we will get.
The most convincing liar often wins the votes.
I guess it is almost impossible to come up with new thoughts. Several of the other 7b people have had your thoughts before

Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
How can people say that the partisanship in America is worse than at any time in history and its threatening to tear the country apart and then say all Americans are brainwashed? If we were all brainwashed, we would all be thinking exactly the same way and there would be no partisanship. All these conflicting statements leads to be believe that things are just fine the way they are.
The flaw in your logic is that you believe the Republicans and Democrats are opposites, when in fact they are simply two elements of the same agenda. The two parties work in unison to advance a single plan. This article explains
Welfare & Warfare | FINANCIAL SENSE
Why do you think nothing really changes despite government control switching from what is supposed opposite ideologies. Because they are not opposite, they are the same. The fact that you do not even realize that proves my point.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM

611 posts, read 772,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I guess it is almost impossible to come up with new thoughts. Several of the other 7b people have had your thoughts before
If you are referring to the "quote" I added, yes, many people DO like that one and appreciate the meaning. That is why I put it between "QUOTATION" marks. Get it?
The rest of my post are my own thoughts and I have a right to them.
If Soooo many OTHER people think like me, I take that as a compliment!

Last edited by WestWillow; 07-22-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,304,690 times
It's a special conceit to believe that "everyone else" is brainwashed while just a few are privvy to "the truth."

Of course, when asked, most people believe THEY are part of the privileged "unbrainwashed" themselves ... which cannot be the case. Indeed, I have yet to find any unique, refreshing points of view that truly demonstrate non-conformity to pre-existing perspectives.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Obviously so conditioned, they dont even know how to respond.............

Sometimes it's easier to ignore the truth. Engrossing oneself in the daily distraction from the truth is far more interesting than confronting reality......for most.

YC.......
or not so conditioned, just not wanting to waste time another stupid theory.

Nita

Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,159,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It's a special conceit to believe that "everyone else" is brainwashed while just a few are privvy to "the truth."

Of course, when asked, most people believe THEY are part of the privileged "unbrainwashed" themselves ... which cannot be the case. Indeed, I have yet to find any unique, refreshing points of view that truly demonstrate non-conformity to pre-existing perspectives.
This post is so money I'm probably going to go create 10 more accounts on city data just to +rep you.

The great paradox of how much closed-mindedness is required to believe that everyone else is closed-minded never ceases to amaze me.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,664,179 times
Those brainwashed dont always take to the ideas. Even if they think they do for awhile some people are born to rebel. When the nation is disarmed and free speech is considered treason then your freedoms are gone. Until then I believe America even with its flaws and people of authority can not cover the truth.
The constitution was written by men who and even the idea of declaration of independance and every july4th we celebrete continues the tradition of revolt.
The one thing the communist have always feared was informed people of the constitution.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,074,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
How can people say that the partisanship in America is worse than at any time in history and its threatening to tear the country apart and then say all Americans are brainwashed? If we were all brainwashed, we would all be thinking exactly the same way and there would be no partisanship. All these conflicting statements leads to be believe that things are just fine the way they are.
From my point of view, I see partisanship being caused by lies and attacks by "one" party in order to garner votes from those who pay no attention to politics and believe the first thing they hear, usually from campaign ads or bias news reporters or depend on Government welfare.

Then there are those that actually understand our Constitution and the foundation it creates to "guarantee" that every individual has the right and responsibility to take responsibility for their own welfare and never, ever depend on the Federal Government to "prop" them up.

That's just for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies