Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

New Jersey is not going to supply toilet paper anymore for those employed by them. How broke do you need to be to cut out toilet paper? Bring your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
New Jersey is not going to supply toilet paper anymore for those employed by them. How broke do you need to be to cut out toilet paper? Bring your own.
My college did not supply toilet paper to some dorms.

Thus, there was a huge issue of toilet paper theft from dorms with toilet paper and public restrooms.

I personally was happy to buy my own toilet paper because it's one of those things I'm particular about.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:34 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you remember Pay Go? How come the Dems refuse to pay for it with one of the 4 ways mentioned by the GOP? Why won't they use unused TARP funds?
This post is just so ignorant I don't know where to begin. I bet you don't even know that last month the Democrats tried to pass pay as you go legislation and Republicans filibustered it. The reason? They didn't want to nor did they know how to pay for extending Bush's giant tax cuts and they didn't want to get stuck with pay go blocking it. Thus Republicans campaigned on paygo, claimed they'd support paygo, claim paygo means everything to them... And then they filibustered paygo and blocked it.

So please don't tell us about paygo and go ask your man-gods in the GOP why they killed paygo.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
This post is just so ignorant I don't know where to begin. I bet you don't even know that last month the Democrats tried to pass pay as you go legislation and Republicans filibustered it. The reason? They didn't want to nor did they know how to pay for extending Bush's giant tax cuts and they didn't want to get stuck with pay go blocking it. Thus Republicans campaigned on paygo, claimed they'd support paygo, claim paygo means everything to them... And then they filibustered paygo and blocked it.

So please don't tell us about paygo and go ask your man-gods in the GOP why they killed paygo.
I know! This is seriously what bothers me about the GOP.

Let's oppose Obama extending unemployment benefits, which slightly increase the deficit (far less than 1%). BUT let's propose making the Bush tax cuts permanent, which have come at HUGE cost to government coffers.

Like... which party is the party of fiscal conservatism?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
Sound this out

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y

It was the Democrats idea to reinstate Pay-Go after they spent more money than has ever been spent in human history and for the obvious purpose of forcing tax increases. It's the Democrat's rule...they have to live up to it and pay for the extension or shut the fudge up!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It was the Democrats idea to reinstate Pay-Go after they spent more money than has ever been spent in human history and for the obvious purpose of forcing tax increases. It's the Democrat's rule...they have to live up to it and pay for the extension or shut the fudge up!
And extending benefits has never in modern history been paid for when unemployment is this high.

So let's make that an issue now, for the very first time,

because... because... because... because it's an election year?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You should loosen your tin foil hat, I think it is cutting of the blood flow.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
My college did not supply toilet paper to some dorms.

Thus, there was a huge issue of toilet paper theft from dorms with toilet paper and public restrooms.

I personally was happy to buy my own toilet paper because it's one of those things I'm particular about.
The employees will have to go down the street and steal paper from a restaurant. I can just see the arguments now, it will go from---"he doesn't wash his hands to he doesn't use toilet paper.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the GOP is thanking the democrats for the need for unemployment benefits to begin with..
That is exactly right. The unemployed need jobs and needed jobs like yesterday. I don't know about the rest of the unemployed, but I want a JOB. Living off government assistance is the worst.

I know when the republicans had control, I had no trouble finding good paying jobs. Now I am applying for jobs at McDonalds and Pizza Hut because I don't want to be on unemployment.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
That is exactly right. The unemployed need jobs and needed jobs like yesterday. I don't know about the rest of the unemployed, but I want a JOB. Living off government assistance is the worst.

I know when the republicans had control, I had no trouble finding good paying jobs. Now I am applying for jobs at McDonalds and Pizza Hut because I don't want to be on unemployment.
sorry you are in a tough spot guy, but I do hope you see the irony in your post.

If you hate living off of government assistance. Then get off it. Instead of biting the hand that is feeding you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies