Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars99 View Post
What is Breitbart's major malfunction? Spreading lies on the interwebs for a living. Did someone put him in the corner without a lollipop as a kid?

He makes inflammatory remarks on his blog, and presents edited "evidence" to back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I appreciate her repentance, but even the NAACP pointed out that she did nothing to correct the wrong done this farmer whose only crime was being white.

The organization she worked for received federal funds. No organization that receives federal funds may freely discriminate against people based on race. You can't vilify her because by her own admission, she was the villain. By what objective standard is she, as you claim, innocent?

That she later took to another lawyer doesn't send all concerned back in time. She applied a different standard to this man because he was white and for no other reason.

"[SIZE=2]The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he -- he took a long time talking, but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing. But he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me, was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him.[/SIZE]
[LEFT][SIZE=2]I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So, I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he -- I -- I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the -- or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. And he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]So I took him to a white lawyer that we had -- that had...attended some of the training that we had provided, 'cause Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farmer. So I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him."[/SIZE]

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

[/LEFT]

You don't get to ignore my question and move on to your own so as to change the subject.

I agree with Mr. Jealous that their reaction is disturbing.

Wouldn't you also agree?
You are correct. Jealous did a good job speaking out against members who applauded the racism.
It's laughable how some continue to ignore the truth about what really happened and try to put their spin on things.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 AM

19,008 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Is There More to Sherrod's Dismissal? | Before It's News

What about Sherrod's part in a massive USDA FRAUD?

Was Sherrod involved in any way in encouraging people to submit fraudulent claims under Pigford?

Old 08-07-2010, 08:43 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Is There More to Sherrod's Dismissal? | Before It's News

What about Sherrod's part in a massive USDA FRAUD?

Was Sherrod involved in any way in encouraging people to submit fraudulent claims under Pigford?
Exactly! Breitbart, as in the Acorn hooker videos, tricked the media into exposing a shocking example of corruption of the federal government - Pigford v. Glickman.

In 1997, 400 African-American farmers sued the US Department of Agriculture, saying that they were unfairly denied USDA loans because of racial discrimination. In 1999, the farmers won their case and the government agreed to pay them each the sum of $50,000 to settle.

In February of the same year, in relation to the original judgment, the USDA agreed to release more funds to "Pigford" in the staggering amount of $1.25 billion. Why? Because the original number of plaintiffs - 400 black farmers - had now increased to include 86,000 black farmers in America.

The only problem - America didn't have 86,000 black farmers. The census data would verify, accurately, that America only had 39,697 black farmers.

Ouch and Yikes! We have a scandal! Would this be called "stealth reparations"? Hmmmmm...

Zombie » Pigford v. Glickman: 86,000 claims from 39,697 total farmers?

Kudos to Breitbart, again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies