Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

0bama, November 6, 2009: (http://wbztv.com/national/obama.jobs.homes.2.1295866.html - broken link)
"I will not rest until all Americans who want work can find work. Now, it's important to note that the
(unemployment benefits extension) bill I signed will not add to our deficit. It is fully paid for, and so it is fiscally responsible. And I promise that I won't rest until America prospers once again,” he said.

0bama November 18, 2009:
"It is important though to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession.”

0bama Feb 13, 2010:
“Now, Congress will have to pay for what it spends, just like everybody else,” Obama said after signing pay-as-you-go budget legislation. “After a decade of profligacy, the American people are tired of politicians who talk the talk but don’t walk the walk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. It’s easy to get up in front of the cameras and rant against exploding deficits. What’s hard is actually getting deficits under control. But that’s what we must do.”

0bama July 17, 2010:
"So after years of championing policies that turned a record surplus into a massive deficit, including a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans, they've finally decided to make their stand on the backs of the unemployed."

0bama, July 22, 2010:
"When we continue to spend as if deficits don't matter, that means our kids and our grandkids may wind up saddled with debts that they'll never be able to repay."

In signing the bill restoring unemployment benefits to 2 million Americans jobless for more than 26 weeks, President Obama is also adding $34 billion to the deficit and the National Debt.

That's the reason nearly all Republicans voted against the measure. They wanted the cost of the benefits paid for with unspent government funds or by other budget cuts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama, November 6, 2009: (http://wbztv.com/national/obama.jobs.homes.2.1295866.html - broken link)
"I will not rest until all Americans who want work can find work. Now, it's important to note that the
(unemployment benefits extension) bill I signed will not add to our deficit. It is fully paid for, and so it is fiscally responsible. And I promise that I won't rest until America prospers once again,” he said.

0bama November 18, 2009:
"It is important though to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession.”

0bama Feb 13, 2010:
“Now, Congress will have to pay for what it spends, just like everybody else,” Obama said after signing pay-as-you-go budget legislation. “After a decade of profligacy, the American people are tired of politicians who talk the talk but don’t walk the walk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. It’s easy to get up in front of the cameras and rant against exploding deficits. What’s hard is actually getting deficits under control. But that’s what we must do.”

0bama July 17, 2010:
"So after years of championing policies that turned a record surplus into a massive deficit, including a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans, they've finally decided to make their stand on the backs of the unemployed."

0bama, July 22, 2010:
"When we continue to spend as if deficits don't matter, that means our kids and our grandkids may wind up saddled with debts that they'll never be able to repay."

In signing the bill restoring unemployment benefits to 2 million Americans jobless for more than 26 weeks, President Obama is also adding $34 billion to the deficit and the National Debt.

That's the reason nearly all Republicans voted against the measure. They wanted the cost of the benefits paid for with unspent government funds or by other budget cuts.

Obama just speaks mumbo jumbo.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
And yet the Republicans wanted un-funded, deficit increasing tax breaks for the wealthiest of American's...ONLY, which would had more than to the deficit than the unemployment benefits costs on the whole. W/out using unspent gov't funds or by other budget cuts... i.e. the expiration of the tax breaks for those making over $200,000 per year.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:13 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
And yet the Republicans wanted un-funded, deficit increasing tax breaks for the wealthiest of American's...ONLY, which would had more than to the deficit than the unemployment benefits costs on the whole. W/out using unspent gov't funds or by other budget cuts... i.e. the expiration of the tax breaks for those making over $200,000 per year.
So, the 10% bracket will not see a rise after the year's out? Thought so.

Democrats: the party of NO on helping the poor.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:15 PM

http://images.craigslist.org/3n13p43ld5Y35T45Z4a7me215abe144911bf2.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-23-2010, 12:18 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
So, the 10% bracket will not see a rise after the year's out? Thought so.

Democrats: the party of NO on helping the poor.
Not in direct payroll taxes. Just as the top bracket while having the rate return to normal, still get a tax break through their available loop-holes. Unlike the 10% bracket.

Republicans: The party of NO ideas or concepts. Except when it comes to hurting America and Americans and helping corporations.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
"I will not rest until all Americans who want work can find work. Now, it's important to note that the (unemployment benefits extension) bill I signed will not add to our deficit. It is fully paid for, and so it is fiscally responsible. And I promise that I won't rest until America prospers once again,” he said.

0bama November 18, 2009:

0bama Feb 13, 2010:

0bama July 17, 2010:

0bama, July 22, 2010:

It a clear sign in reading that Obam does not have a clear policy really. He one calls business the evil empire and next says he is not anti-business. His rethoric ias getting pretty famous. Even the far left has started to call him a lier and recongnize he will say anything to any audience to gain favor of teh moment.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:

.............for those making over $200,000 per year?

I am afraid that the tax increases are for EVERYONE, unless congress has passed something new since yesterday. EVERYONE will have thier taxes increased and EVERYONE will pay increased taxes for Obamacare.

Here is a radical idea-

CUT SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fully for tax cuts, as it is analagous to cutting off the supply of crack to a coke addict. If the government is defunded, they will be unable to spend more and more money they do not have. The problem over the last 20 years has not been revenue (which has gradually increased). The problem is spending.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
GWB's Fault

Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Not in direct payroll taxes. Just as the top bracket while having the rate return to normal, still get a tax break through their available loop-holes. Unlike the 10% bracket.

Republicans: The party of NO ideas or concepts. Except when it comes to hurting America and Americans and helping corporations.
Democrats: the party of YES on protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies