Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He seems to be completely believing his own rethoric now days.
Yes...odd...I would have thought he'd get to this stage sooner in his delusional state...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Majority of his childhood was spent living in an upscale community and attending a privileged school. The hardest time of his childhood happened before around age 6. When his mother got her 1st degree on the road to a phd. Also when she married a man that worked for the country of Indonesia. How many really remember how hard it was at 5
Just because you attend a fancy school doesn't mean you are rich. Did his family pay for his entire education or was he there on loans/scholarship money? And I'm thinking a "community organizer" job pays squat.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I think Mrs. Obama was a driving force.

Behind every man.....

Her family also was a little better off.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Obama doesn't relate to any American issues, especially those who are struggling.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Just because you attend a fancy school doesn't mean you are rich. Did his family pay for his entire education or was he there on loans/scholarship money? And I'm thinking a "community organizer" job pays squat.
He was living in the priciest part of town a gated community, His grandmother was the VP of a bank How poor do you think he was living. .He attended a private prestigious school in Hawaii. There is no record of him working while attending college he also had extra money for his drug habit. Once out of college he wasnt on food stamps then either he had a law degree.

The poorest time of Obamas entire life was from birth to age of 6. Which is the time he refers to being on food stamps.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:10 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBaker View Post
For years Obama surrounded himself with communists, radicals, terrorists and corrupt Chicago politicians. These associations are what propelled him into the limelight. It had nothing to do with being self made or studying hard. Admire who you wish, but Obama, now that is sad.

I would like to think that most Americans would prefer not to become morally bankrupt in order to achieve success.
I doubt theres a college in America that doesnt have some communists,and radicals,in what context was he involved with terrorism and corrupt Chicago politicians?
Maybe you should read up on Obama's earlier years to see where he connects with the man in the street and makes his own good fortune instead of listening to your hateful little fat psychopath Limbaugh.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Speaking of Limbaugh ,anyone Watch the Ed show?
YouTube - Ed Schultz Calls Out Rush Limbaugh Over "Mr. Ed" Crack

Last edited by jambo101; 07-24-2010 at 12:27 PM..

Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 PM

419 posts, read 758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I doubt theres a college in America that doesnt have some communists,and radicals,in what context was he involved with terrorism and corrupt Chicago politicians?
Maybe you should read up on Obama's earlier years to see where he connects with the man in the street and makes his own good fortune instead of listening to your hateful little fat psychopath Limbaugh.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Huh? I never commented on possible communists, radicals, etc. existing in American colleges. I commented on Obama's relationships, which include people like Bill Ayres, Van Jones, Rev. Wright and the corrupt Unions. Also, must mention the unsavory characters he has placed in his administration.

I agree, Obama connected with the down-trodden man on the streets of inter-city Chicago. He is still conecting with those same people and that is why he is working overtime to re-distribute the wealth. Unfortunately, he has no knowledge, skill or desire to connect with the masses.

By the way, I do no like Limbaugh. Limbaugh, far right, Obama ,far left. Neither one is good for our country.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:07 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
For years Obama surrounded himself with communists, radicals, terrorists and corrupt Chicago politicians. These associations are what propelled him into the limelight. It had nothing to do with being self made or studying hard. Admire who you wish, but Obama, now that is sad.

I will, thank you. I would like to think that most Americans would prefer not to become morally bankrupt in order to achieve success.
What is truly sad is your jaded view which is completely based on Fox news clips, Youtube video's, internet forum chatter, and God knows what else. These accusations don't hold any water.

He wasn't born in the US. Um, he's provided a certificate of live birth and there are newspapers announcing his birth. Wait, maybe the liberal media knew on the day of his birth that he would be the Messiah so it was fabricated.

He's a Communist. Um, the communist party in the United States has a different opinion and I'm sure they know more about the subject then you and I combined. Did he know a communist or two? Maybe but I could care less. He's no more a Communist than the 70 years worth of Presidents that came before him.

He's a terrorist and pals around with the terrorists. Says who? Sarah Palin? That's a reliable source.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
I commented on Obama's relationships, which include people like Bill Ayres, Van Jones, Rev. Wright and the corrupt Unions. Also, must mention the unsavory characters he has placed in his administration.
You people just won't quit beating that drum will you?

Old 07-24-2010, 06:54 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
While I shurg a little bit, hearing him say that......
considering his background and how he was more or less middle class up until the early 90's I can believe that coming from him, 10 times more than I could believe W saying something like that and meaning it (W was born into $$$$$)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies