Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Woah did she just say the Koran says Muslims should be kind to other faiths. What happened to the Qo-ran saying the Muslims should destroy all infidels/Non-believers?

Quote from her in the video: (1:27 - 1:36)

Quote:
I read in my holy book, the Koran, that we should not, we should be very sensitive towards people of other faiths, especially when we are living in lands that are not Muslim lands...
This lady must not be a real Muslim.

Last edited by JohKnip; 08-11-2010 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Woah did she just say the Koran says Muslims should be kind to other faiths. What happened to the Qo-ran saying the Muslims should destroy all infidels/Non-believers?

LOL! Yea, she sounded like the epitome of tolerance when she said, "Mayor Bloomberg and other bleeding heart white liberals like him." Good going, Raheel! LOL!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Default We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation

Mischief in Manhattan (http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Mischief+Manhattan/3370303/story.html#ixzz0w9vI8Gqq - broken link)

So what gives Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf of the "Cordoba Initiative" and his cohorts the misplaced idea that they will increase tolerance for Muslims by brazenly displaying their own intolerance in this case?

Do they not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered?

There are many questions that we would like to ask. Questions about where the funding is coming from? If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans, as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis

Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Pointing out inconsistencies doesn't equate with hatred. Maybe that's your way of viewing everything. If someone would have stood up, perhaps the Jews wouldn't have ended up in ovens during the Holocaust. Of course, from your past posts, about the Jewish people, you may be leaning toward being glad. That's the impression I'm getting from you anyway.
I think we would be gliding way out of the thread if we started a conversation on holocaust, or oppression of Arabs in what is now state of Israel.

As for inconsistencies, I was the one quoting those between Judaic principles, and Christian principles. I don't reconcile conflicting principles as one and the same. It simply doesn't make sense. You can have one, or the other, but not both. If Jesus preached that one should love his enemy, I think a Christian should?

Quote:
So, please, all of your ranting in favor of Islam isn't going to make any of this go away and some people don't want to be asleep in the day. That is not hatred, it is caution.
This is the right topic to discuss the hatred.

Quote:
Newt's comments were just and not against "freedom of religion". His point is that if they are for "freedom of religion" and tolerance, then why won't they allow us to build churches in their country? It doesn't appear to be a religion of freedom or of tolerance after all, does it?
We're speaking of American Muslims, right? American freedoms, right? Who are "they"? Is Newt an alien? (No, the other kind)

They stone people to death, so should we? Ask Newt that.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:30 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

Perhaps she has a different version of the Quran ?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
No one is fighting against Islam, EG. You are pointing out what you believe are inconsistencies with the Judeo/Christian beliefs, but you don't want anyone to do that with Islam. We see inconsistencies and we will point them out.
As we should. It's out-of-control political correctness that would curb the truth about certain groups when it's negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, I hate to fight against denial, so I will let you do your job. Its gonna come back to you anyway.

As for inconsistencies in this Judeo-Christian idea of yours and the rest of the Zionists, the problem is fundamental to your belief system. Like I have repeatedly said, this very idea of Judeo-Christian principles is a sham and someone's dream come true. I call them a dysfunctional family of religions (Islam included) for a reason.

For sake of sanity, I advise you either stick with Judaic principles, or Christian. Take a pick, don't ride two boats at the same time. This ain't a circus, unless you want it to be.
There's no conflict between Judaic principles and Christian principles for those who have a grasp of both. Ask a Messianic Jew if you don't believe a Christian.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Perhaps she has a different version of the Quran ?

There's only one.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Has this link been posted/discussed?
For Obama, All Politics Is Local . . . Except When It’s Not - The Corner - National Review Online

' It turns out that they do not own at least half the space. It is owned by Con Edison. The Post reports that Rauf’s confederate, Sharif El-Gamal of SoHo properties, purchased a 99-year lease that Con Ed holds (for $700K), but not Con Ed’s ownership interest. This raises at least three intriguing points.

First, did the Ground Zero mosque sponsors mislead the public and the various review boards about the status of the property at issue? Rep. Pete King certainly appears to think so, as Connie Hair reports at Human Events.

Second, how does the lack of full ownership affect the potential financing? Of course, to this point, we don’t know anything about which entities — including foreign entities — may be putting up dough for this project.'

Old 08-12-2010, 07:35 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
If you believe in their sincerity you have no idea what Islam is.
The first thing that came to mind when I read this statement was a similar sentiment by the leader of Al-Qaeda when asked about Operation Restore Hope in Somalia and the events that happened as a result, so I looked up the 1998 Esquire interview with OBL again:

I asked bin Laden why he would kill American soldiers whose work was to restore order and allow for the distribution of food.

"Why should we believe that was the true reason America was there?" he replied. "Everywhere else they went where Muslims lived, all they did was kill children and occupy Muslim land."

A Conversation With The Most Dangerous Man In The World - Esquire

Those of you who hold fast to the belief that all Muslims are out to get infidels are simply the other side of the same coin as the extremists who believe that the United States is out get Islam.

This kind of perpetual hatred will get us nowhere.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:40 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Freedom of religion...as long as you are mainstream christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies