Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times

Advertisements

maybe but a whole lota people are not interested in equality. the current system is working very nicely for them. our job as men is to recognize this and stop getting married. they are not taking away your power, you are giving it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,973,720 times
I just wish the original poster could spell "amendment." Is it that hard?

Amendment. See, that was easy.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
If that isn't one of the more sexist thing I've read in a while, I don't know what is. Women have so much leverage in the court of law solely because of what they have in-between their legs its not even funny. My example was a bit silly but there are many other things in court that go the woman's way due to there sex (such as custody battles) which is completely ridiculous if you ask me.
Yup, children usually go to the most responsible parent.....not the whiney "ME FIRST, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" parent.

The court knows that it's all about the C H I L D R E N...men think, as usual, it's all about them....so who do ya THINK will get custody???

The court is more likely to give custody to the parent who DOESN'T whine more than their kids...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
maybe but a whole lota people are not interested in equality. the current system is working very nicely for them. our job as men is to recognize this and stop getting married. they are not taking away your power, you are giving it away.

Still, things like the selective service requirement only for men can be viewed either as discrimination against men, or special privileges to women. It's not "equality"

Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup, children usually go to the most responsible parent.....not the whiney "ME FIRST, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" parent.

The court knows that it's all about the C H I L D R E N...men think, as usual, it's all about them....so who do ya THINK will get custody???

The court is more likely to give custody to the parent who DOESN'T whine more than their kids...
I know of plenty of cases where the mom was a philandering cheat, couldn't hold down jobs and needed to be involved with m en to have a roof over her head, yet gets custody of the kid over a stable father who had a job. Women are almost always given custody, regardless of bad behavior of the mother. I really only know once case where the father was given custody, and it was literally because the mom got institutionalized.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Quit your crying and whining Beta"man"let.
Notice all the comments disagreeing with my suggestion are personal attacks?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie
Yes not to mention Abortion , you have no say .
Keep it and for 18 years you pay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You have plenty of say about wearing a condom.

Sorry if you let a female make your decisions for you.

Most older men know to not trust the "I'm on the pill" or "you don't need that thing with me" crap.
I was thinking of men who wanted children .

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,334,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Still, things like the selective service requirement only for men can be viewed either as discrimination against men, or special privileges to women. It's not "equality"
I firmly believe that if we're going to have a selective service requirement, it should be for all men AND women. The law should have been changed years ago.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I firmly believe that if we're going to have a selective service requirement, it should be for all men AND women. The law should have been changed years ago.
But nobody is even suggesting it today. Let alone having changed in years ago.

Remember, men who do not register are subject to being jailed and denied federal student loans. Not a single woman in the USA is subjected to this. Merely because you were born male, you have this responsibility that women don't have.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Let's put it in perspective. Men have had it pretty good for thousands of years. It's only in the last 30 years that women have come even close. So give it a few thousand years to balance things out then, sure, go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies