Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:25 AM

423 posts, read 824,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I can't believe that the Tea Party have not officially distanced themselves from this man, and yet continue to say they are not a racist organization.
What's the point really? The damage is done, Tea Party already had a reputation of a racist organization (which it is), what's another endorsement from a former head of the KKK is gonna do?

Would you really have changed your opinion about the Tea Party if they made an official statement about not wanting to be affiliated with David Duke? I know I wouldn't.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:42 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
John McCain??

"Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., this afternoon rejected the endorsement of Pastor John Hagee after a sermon was publicized in which Hagen suggested Adolph Hitler and the Holocaust were caused by God so as to bring about the creation of the state of Israel. "

McCain Rejects Hagee Endorsement and "Crazy" Comments on Holocaust - Political Punch
Oh but you forgot to mention what happened just a few weeks before.

Quote:
Yesterday, Senator John McCain said he was “very honored by Pastor John Hagee’s endorsement.” The Republican presidential hopeful also called Hagee “the staunchest leader of our Christian evangelical movement,” citing the minister’s pro-Israel stance.
Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights (http://www.catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1393 - broken link)

Old 07-25-2010, 12:43 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wow! That is a very scary video. I can't believe that the Tea Party have not officially distanced themselves from this man, and yet continue to say they are not a racist organization. He has perfected his hate speech over the years, and with his calm cool demeanour is undoubtedly even more dangerous than ever. Sounds to me like a campaign speech.

Why do you find that hard to believe? Robert Byrd was a leader in the democrat party. That's no better.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 PM

37,194 posts, read 19,200,869 times
I'm glow-in-the-dark white and I think the Tea Party is racist, and I am absolutely certain that most of America will feel the same if the TP doesn't condemn Duke in the strongest language they can muster. Silence implies agreement and consent. I also voted for Obama because I thought he was the best candidate, and because Palin beiing anywhere near anything of any importance scared hell out of me.

David Duke is a former head of the KKK. Are you trying to excuse his actions by trying to find someone worse to compare him to? If so, you fail. He and the Panthers are two sides of the same coin.

As to the ACLU they defend whoever is being wronged. They defended Rush Limbaugh if you recall.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-25-2010 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Why do you find that hard to believe? Robert Byrd was a leader in the democrat party. That's no better.
Byrd also renounced the klan and denounced them in later years. He also apologized and said he was aware that he had made a mistake.

When can we expect to hear the same from Duke, if you don't mind my asking?

Old 07-25-2010, 12:56 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Byrd also renounced the klan and denounced them in later years. He also apologized and said he was aware that he had made a mistake.

When can we expect to hear the same from Duke, if you don't mind my asking?

And clinton said he only joined so he could get elected....so what?

Is it ok to just say whatever will get you elected? Did he really say that just to get elected? Or was the letter that he wrote several years later stating the klan was absolutely necessary his true feelings? It wasn't just a fad he had for a few months during the election cycle. He held those beliefs for years and years. And clinton said it was ok....because he only said it to get elected.

Like it or not...that's the history of the democrat party, and apparently what it stands for today--racism.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And clinton said he only joined so he could get elected....so what?

Is it ok to just say whatever will get you elected? Did he really say that just to get elected? Or was the letter that he wrote several years later stating the klan was absolutely necessary his true feelings? It wasn't just a fad he had for a few months during the election cycle. He held those beliefs for years and years. And clinton said it was ok....because he only said it to get elected.

Like it or not...that's the history of the democrat party, and apparently what it stands for today--racism.
Until the 1960s the democrats were, indeed, the party of racists. Strom Thurmond was a democrat until he ran on the Dixiecrat ticket which was the party of segregation.

When Civil Rights Legislation was passed under LBJ in the 1960s, Thurmond and a lot of other politicians switched to the republican party, which is still the party of grumpy old white men.

I would love, however, to figure out what sort of convoluted reasoning you used to say that todays Democratic party stands for racism. Or are you just saying that to try to get a rise out of someone?

Either way, it doesn't work, and you know it.

Now - back to my question. When do you think Duke intends to renounce his ties to the KKK and apologize for his actions?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:08 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
I'm glow-in-the-dark white and I think the Tea Party is racist, and I am absolutely certain that most of America will feel the same if the TP doesn't condemn Duke in the strongest language they can muster. Silence implies agreement and consent. I also voted for Obama because I thought he was the best candidate, and because Palin beiing anywhere near anything of any importance scared hell out of me.

David Duke is a former head of the KKK. Are you trying to excuse his actions by trying to find someone worse to compare him to? If so, you fail. He and the Panthers are two sides of the same coin.

As to the ACLU they defend whoever is being wronged. They defended Rush Limbaugh if you recall.

I could care less about due or any of the millions of racist who voted for or hung around obama .

Duke would have to do some catching up to even get close to Farracon or the million man racisrt march .

PC isn't working , never did . The appeasing fools will soon find this out when they have lost their nation and they live in a third world ghetto. Both blacks and whites .

Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Anyone who would defend anything David Duke does is going to burn in hell when they meet their maker, same as he is.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Until the 1960s the democrats were, indeed, the party of racists. Strom Thurmond was a democrat until he ran on the Dixiecrat ticket which was the party of segregation.

When Civil Rights Legislation was passed under LBJ in the 1960s, Thurmond and a lot of other politicians switched to the republican party, which is still the party of grumpy old white men.

I would love, however, to figure out what sort of convoluted reasoning you used to say that todays Democratic party stands for racism. Or are you just saying that to try to get a rise out of someone?

Either way, it doesn't work, and you know it.

Now - back to my question. When do you think Duke intends to renounce his ties to the KKK and apologize for his actions?

Maybe when Husaain cuts his ties to NOi and stops having pajama parties with racist in the whitehouse ? Or condemns terrosit instead of protecting them' Ayers' .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies