Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 07:52 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Did you read the article? I linked it. He and his division, or whatever, was an accepted member of the National Tea Party Federation (NTPF). Are you saying that Duke is an accepted member of the NTPF? I have no idea.

If he's not a member of the NTPF then I don't see why they should pay him any attention. I don' think political orgs or politicians should give air time to loons. Obviously, candidates have little choice if the media gives too much airtime, like with Obama and Farrakhan. Under any other circumstance, the man should never have been acknowledged. As another poster mentioned pages ago, all that does is give these idiots more power. Sure, put him on prime-time. That's exactly what he wants.

Now that I think of it, this thread is a puppet for Duke. Huh.
Unfortunately for the Tea Party, I don't think they actually have the luxury of ignoring him. He is claiming that thousands of tea party members have urged him to run for President. Stormfront members are active in the Tea Party. To ignore Duke is to ignore his larger number of followers from stormfront and other white supremacist organizations. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS THE TEA PARTY TO DO, imo. Ignore him. Silence on the subject of an endorsement by David Duke, just invites more of his white supremacists to join the ranks of the Tea Party.

Imo, this thread is a thorn in the side of tea party members who will not publicly, as an organization, denounce Duke's endorsement.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:52 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Closed for mod review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies