Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The market does not ration health care in the way that the "hand" of government will.

Get your head out of Media Matters, Huffington Post, Daily Kos (whatever the hell that means), and the rest of the lying leftist, and get real. You are a cliche.

How about some facts? Prove your point. Make an argument. Hot air is not an argument.
I think his facts are just as strong as the facts presented by the originator of this thread. Perhaps, even stronger, as he questions those facts veracity, and does not blindly follow and shout "HUZZAH" in praise of the the first thing he reads.

National health care can be quite good, or quite mediocre. If you're going to ask for arguments, I will argue that some care is better than zero care.

Some people simply want everyone to have everything for no cost, and that simply is impossible. The system is finite. You can't print (borrow/tax) money forever. The stone runs dry, the banks realize they are never going to get paid. The system collapses unless there is something new to support it.

Eventually, you run out of veins to tap.

It's like asking someone to prove a counter-point about a point that was not proven in the first place. Even if he succeeds, he has failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 07:33 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
How about euthanasia as an alternative to those who can't afford healthcare?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Axe falls on NHS services - Telegraph

This is what happens when the government runs health care. This is what will await us when the US government gets more and more involved in health care delivery and yes, the ObamaCare is a backdoor to socialized medicine because costs WILL increase dramatically over the years, forcing the government to adopt a NHS style system
Health care reform has already passed and it's nothing close to that model. You people lied your arse off for a year to try and confuse people, of course none of it was true, and none of it happened. Yet here you are still making crap up and trying to scare all your friends....BOO!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:41 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
the NHS is the only health care system in the world where the government owns the hospitals and the doctors are government employees

Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
the NHS is the only health care system in the world where the government owns the hospitals and the doctors are government employees
You forgot the VA. All those VA doctors and nurses are federal employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Health care reform has already passed and it's nothing close to that model. You people lied your arse off for a year to try and confuse people, of course none of it was true, and none of it happened. Yet here you are still making crap up and trying to scare all your friends....BOO!
SLC you do realize that this piecemeal health care reform is being anticipated to increase costs so much that the Democrats will have the perfect mandate to create something Ă  la NHS. Just like the Republicans let 9/11 happen so they had the perfect mandate for the Patriot Act, just like FDR let Pearl Harbor happen so he can go to war, just like LBJ let the Gulf of Tonkin happen so he can go to war with Vietnam. You people really need to take the blindfolds off for a second. You don't realize that the Democrats play the part of the bleeding heart to sucker in vulnerable people to vote for them and then screw them in the end. Then they remind us, "but look it were the evil Republicans that are trying to take away your unemployment check!" Health Care is just another entitlement designed to buy votes. I'm sure you are familiar with the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you"? I'll let you figure it out why I said that.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Health care is already rationed, how long does it take to getan appointment with your doctor? how long do you have to wait to get a date for surgury for non emergencies?
I'm one of the "lucky" ones that actually have health insurance. . . .been waiting 4 months for a colonoscopy. . . . .they finally called to schedule it day before yesterday. . . .

Old 07-24-2010, 09:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea, yawn ...

pssst, c'mere ... listen closely

ready?????

it's already rationed!!!!
Not like it will be for me if that law ever goes into effect. I know that because I have no problem getting care now but after the bureaucrats take over they will determine if I am too old for care and that is rationing. When will some of you poor people start to see the facts about what happens when you try to keep the same health care or the same doctor? Only after the worst happens to you, I think.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yeah, right. Never seen Medicare drop some one because they got sick. Yet you see tons of private insurers do it for things like AIDs, Cancer, Lupus (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/08/politics/washingtonpost/main5294409.shtml - broken link), not being profitable (not even telling them first), and making claims (20,000 people too).

So health care isn't a scarce product in the US?

That doesn't even deal with the millions who never had coverage in the first place.
I wonder what the look on your face will be when you find out who gets to pay for those people who don't have it right now. I am sure that you and many of the others will be very surprised and not like it at all.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Instead of concentrating on shortcomings in one system, try to check out the ones that are doing well. Britain and Canada are not the only nations with healthcare systems.
Name those that are doing so well. I know about some of them and know just how they are really getting along.

Hey, since those European countries are doing so well with socialized medicine I wonder why they are telling Obama to cut back on spending. Damn, that really makes me wonder why they stood up to him.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Most American seniors already receive socialized medicine - it's called Medicare. If private insurance is so wonderful then why aren't they on that?

The irony...
How old are you, Gary? I can see that you aren't very close to 65 but they send you a nice letter that tells you you are no longer on their program because you now get to be on Medicare. We are given no choice, however we do pay more than $100 per month to be on Medicare. No sir, that isn't much but it ain't all free like you people think either. They collect that slightly more than $100 by deducting it from our SS checks. Didn't you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies