Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Wow....this gets my vote for the most idiotic thread, and poster, today. And it's only 10am my time. Good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Lie. As usual.

Grow up, Obama-haters. This is pathetic.
You convinced me that somebody needed to look for a link. I found nothing, however I did find that a number of sources reported that Obama had said he would have fired him by now and those were all dated June 8. I guess maybe BP took the hint that Obama was blaming Hayward for the whole thing and he hadn't even had one meeting by his commission to determine what caused that explosion. They still haven't made a report. Boy do his folks work with abject speed.

I should add that the first three places Google showed with this report were: MSNBC, crooks & liars, USA Today and NY Post. Those first two really are good sources of info, I think.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Wow....this gets my vote for the most idiotic thread, and poster, today. And it's only 10am my time. Good job.
No kidding. It makes you wonder how completely brainwashed and idiotic some of these people on the right are. One makes up an outright lie, then numerous others start spouting off about it like it's the truth! Unbelievable.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Last I checked Mr. Hayward did not work for President Obama so he could not be fired by him.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Last I checked Mr. Hayward did not work for President Obama so he could not be fired by him.
However, Obama did state that he would have fired Hayward on June 7 at least left leaning sources were reporting that on the 8th. Maybe BP decided they may want to drill somewhere in Obama's sphere of influence later on so they finally acted. Surely from the deal people on here are talking about I don't think they really fired him. Just doing some thinking about the whole situation.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Ignoring that Obama did not fire him, is there actually anybody who believes he does not deserve to be fired?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You convinced me that somebody needed to look for a link. I found nothing...Obama had said he would have fired him by now[so?]...I guess maybe BP took the hint that Obama was blaming Hayward for the whole thing....

I should add that the first three places Google showed with this report were: MSNBC, crooks & liars, USA Today and NY Post. Those first two really are good sources of info, I think.
MSNBC is a good source of info? You may be correct.

Yeah, I agree. Every time the President of the US hints at something, a multi-billion dollar foreign company hops to it.

Still waiting for a credible link from the OP.................

Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
However, Obama did state that he would have fired Hayward on June 7 at least left leaning sources were reporting that on the 8th. Maybe BP decided they may want to drill somewhere in Obama's sphere of influence later on so they finally acted. Surely from the deal people on here are talking about I don't think they really fired him. Just doing some thinking about the whole situation.
How about you? Would you have fired Hayward back in June?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I wonder if Obama would feel the same about Tony Hayward if he were black?

Otherwise, I came across this from an article about BP on the BBC news site. He's not a total incompetent as Obama would have us all to believe. And demanding that Hayward get fired is not going to fix the problems in the Gulf sooner.

Quote:
Hayward, a former rig geologist, became CEO of BP in 2007. He is credited with fixing many of the problems inherited from his ousted former boss John Browne, who was at the helm during the 2005 blast at BP's Texas City refinery that killed 15 workers, a trading scandal and a major Alaska pipeline spill in 2006.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Is Obama really thinking he can run every business...

What is the difference if Tony is the CEO or someone else?

When tony made the remark "I want my life back" it was just as much taken out of context as Sherry sheldon's remark. Tony wanted everybody to get their life back.

I think we should Obama his old life back so we get our life back and we don't have to deal with Geithner, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Grayson, etc...who have no clue how to run a business and stop them of destroying this economy!

Obama should keep him self out of the private sector and have business run them self in the ground or be successful. What business did Obama ever run?

Ford didn't take the government money and is doing much better than before. So there is the proof that government should stay out of the private business!
Obama fired Tony???

I heard the BP's board of directors was voting on this. Have you been listening to Rush Limbaugh or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies