Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 06:55 PM

563 posts, read 518,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you think Michelle Obama does not have SS protection at home?
Does she? Yes. Do more go on trips like this? Yes. Who is paying for the hotel rooms? tick tick tick tick........AND Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't she also have the biggest enterouge on the payroll than any other wife of the President?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The jealousy oozing through the words in this thread is f'n sickening...
The denial by some is amusing.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:58 PM

563 posts, read 518,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hello? The Obamas are not like you and me. .
You are correct. I love America and what it stood for before he took office. That is how I seperate myself from the so called elite as you put it.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Does she? Yes. Do more go on trips like this? Yes. Who is paying for the hotel rooms? tick tick tick tick........AND Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't she also have the biggest enterouge on the payroll than any other wife of the President?
You're wrong, and that's been covered before on CD. Do a search.

BTW, Michelle is reportedly paying for this trip out of her own funds.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:19 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
She needed seeds for the garden.

Michelle, Sasha Obama dine with Spain's king - White House - TODAYshow.com

Old 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
You are correct. I love America and what it stood for before he took office.<snip>
What drastic changes do you perceive?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

BTW, Michelle is reportedly paying for this trip out of her own funds.
Oh no, my dear. Not for the security, SS or the plane ride over. The way I hear it, she will pay for two first class tickets, $15000 out of close to $200,000 for the plane.

What were they thinking?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...hinking/61118/

Love the optics and just can't wait for the 10-day exclusive, luxurious, elitist vacation on Martha's Vineyard.

I wonder if they're thinking they should cancel that?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 730 times
Such a lack of conscience at a time when so many are suffering. Whatever happened to the Eleonaur Roosevelts of this world? She is one of my all-time favourite people and I live in Canada. God Bless the American people, including my dear little grand-son who lives in the Gulf. I guess that Michelle won't be vacationing there for any longer than one weekend for show--then it's back to the more upscale and elitist Martha's Vineyard. O' well, at least that is in America where they will be spending their money. Don't ever expect them to "scale down". Even some small sacrifices and a sense of duty would have gone a long way to gaining the empathy of the American public. Obama and his crew are riding on the coat-tails of the most charitable-hearted country on earth and they know it. I feel sorry for the average citizens of America who have been so creully taken advantage of -- and in such an ostentatious manner--these usurpers have driven a stake through the hearts of all honest and decent hard-working people who still believe in fairness and liberty and justice for all. Let them live high off the hog while they can for their "prada" days are no doubt numbered -- the war clouds are gathering -- their time of reckoning is almost nigh --"1789" all over again. God Bless America. The torch of Liberty still burns bright in your darkest hour.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The jealousy oozing through the words in this thread is f'n sickening...
The arrogance and elitism oozing out of the White House is sickening.

We ALL must sacrifice for bambam and michelle.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreedomlass View Post
Such a lack of conscience at a time when so many are suffering. Whatever happened to the Eleonaur Roosevelts of this world? She is one of my all-time favourite people and I live in Canada. God Bless the American people, including my dear little grand-son who lives in the Gulf. I guess that Michelle won't be vacationing there for any longer than one weekend for show--then it's back to the more upscale and elitist Martha's Vineyard. O' well, at least that is in America where they will be spending their money. Don't ever expect them to "scale down". Even some small sacrifices and a sense of duty would have gone a long way to gaining the empathy of the American public. Obama and his crew are riding on the coat-tails of the most charitable-hearted country on earth and they know it. I feel sorry for the average citizens of America who have been so creully taken advantage of -- and in such an ostentatious manner--these usurpers have driven a stake through the hearts of all honest and decent hard-working people who still believe in fairness and liberty and justice for all. Let them live high off the hog while they can for their "prada" days are no doubt numbered -- the war clouds are gathering -- their time of reckoning is almost nigh --"1789" all over again. God Bless America. The torch of Liberty still burns bright in your darkest hour.
Welcome back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies