Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:54 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
true i just don't feel it was the governments place to say her child couldn't live there.

The father hasn't been mentioned in any of the stories i've seen.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Most people in prison didn't have a strong father.

Men need to stand up and be MEN, take some
responsibilty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:55 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
true i just don't feel it was the governments place to say her child couldn't live there.

And I do understand what you are saying, and if I am correct, your problem is the fact that it was a child of the resident.

You probably would be fine with it, if it was the parent that had been convicted?

Old 07-31-2010, 06:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Make it a capitol offence to have a child out of wedlock, or if you can't afford to raise the child.
That problem is what creates ghettos and gang violence and poverty.
Eliminate children that shouldn't be born, no more gangs, no more poverty, and plenty of jobs for all...!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Make it a capitol offence to have a child out of wedlock, or if you can't afford to raise the child.
Eliminate children that shouldn't be born, no more gangs, no more poverty, and plenty of jobs for all...!
So what happens to the people who can afford to raise the child when it's conceived but then....I don't know...life happens and they need some assistance...do they go to prison?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM

454 posts, read 482,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Making blanket statements also don't help

Many gang members have fathers that are in the picture. Also many of them have mothers that only had children with the one father. I am not saying this is always the case, but it is fact.
Are the fathers also in the group gang picture?
You seem to know the area and problem. Where I live in L.A. I don't see the gangs, just see their markings. I am married have two kids, none was or is in a gang, but I would not live in area that has them. I would not send my child to a school that has them.
I think that you see a lot of the problems, when both parents are not in the picture.
It does take a village, but... A- the village need to care B- The parents need to allow the village to care.
I see even in my small neighborhood how some neighbors would knock on your door if your dog is out side out of care, and some will "mind their own business" in all cost.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,136 times
Quote:
And I do understand what you are saying, and if I am correct, your problem is the fact that it was a child of the resident.

You probably would be fine with it, if it was the parent that had been convicted?
yes you're correct

Old 07-31-2010, 07:01 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,408 times
Quote:

So, you kill the father and mother,
who raises the child, you?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:

ghettos were formed long before we had such a high rate of unwed mothers. There was poverty since before this time also.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Are the fathers also in the group gang picture?
You seem to know the area and problem. Where I live in L.A. I don't see the gangs, just see their markings. I am married have two kids, none was or is in a gang, but I would not live in area that has them. I would not send my child to a school that has them.
I think that you see a lot of the problems, when both parents are not in the picture.
It does take a village, but... A- the village need to care B- The parents need to allow the village to care.
I see even in my small neighborhood how some neighbors would knock on your door if your dog is out side out of care, and some will "mind their own business" in all cost.
Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I agree that many of times and many of places you see these problems when one of the parents are not in the picture. But on the same hand, in some of these areas that have a very large gang membership, it doesnt matter if the father is there or not.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
I would say it is both at the same time. Many parents wont tell their own kids what to do, but, are ready to fight is someone else tell their kid what to do.
This is exactly why my career as a teacher was short. I loved the kids but I couldn't deal with the silly ass parents who don't care enough to know that their child can't read and then once I tell them instead of trying to find a way for the child to learn how to read, they wanted to fight me for pointing it out.

I had to quit because if the wrong parent had came at me I would have been on the 6 o'clock news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies