U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM

720 posts, read 606,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
X2---- Our prayers are with him, and them.

To you, your family and your brother...THANK YOU!....*salute*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,463,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Obama's wars are an absolute waste of human life and money. That is not the fault of our troops. It's a leadership issue. We have a boy leader who doesn't have a clue as to what to do.
this is not obamas war this was bushs doing and obama is pulling them out 2011

Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,128,975 times
You dont stand behind them, you're more than welcome to stand in front of them so one of my guys on the front line can come home instead of you sitting pretty here.

I have at least 12 people in all different branches of the military, and one of them is the man I intend to marry. Ive met so many wonderful military people...and they work their asses off, more than any civilian job I can ever even think of.My boyfriend went on 2 hours sleep a day for 4 days straight WORKING on a carrier during excercises in Korea. Sometimes he works 19 hour shifts on watch just so his shipmates can sleep.

Support the troops isnt a slogan to me. Supporting them has absolutely nothing to do with any m-fing scum sucking politician. Its beyond politics. Its about supporting people I love, and in turn supporting those that work with people I love, who may in turn be in a position to save those people's lives someday.

Someone doesnt agree with what they do, fine. They can go suck an egg and choke on it for all I care. They have no clue what our boys go through, nor what their families go through.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM

720 posts, read 606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
this is not obamas war this was bushs doing and obama is pulling them out 2011

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear!

Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,128,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I wish all wars would cease, I really do. All of the killings make me sick, but man(whether he be Amercian, French, German, Sudanese, etc) will never stop war. America is not special in that regard(raging war). I have a brother who is in the Army and awaiting orders to go overseas(Afganistan, most likely) and I worry for him. He joined so that he could further his education, learn a new skill, and "see the world". Much of the same reasons that many(including myself) have in the past. As with others in our family, we look and read what some have said about our fallen soldiers, or what has been written about them and it makes us sick. Same with our living soldiers. These young and old men and women deserve much better than what we have given them. Between the protests against our soldiers being there in the first place, to the idiots of organizations like the Westboro Baptist Church, it makes me give pause and think about my young brother fighting for our freedoms and what he will be coming home to..........
+3

Best of luck to your brother.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM

473 posts, read 627,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What are you saying, that military members are providing our freedoms? Now, in these wars?
They're fighting for corporate interests and resources.
They all joined of their own accord to fight in wars.
I don't feel sorry for them.
It's all about choices.
i live in the poorest county in our state, one of the poorest (if not the) in the northeast. i happen to live in a fishing community that makes a good living working hard on the water. if you are not fortunate enough to be born in to one of these fishing families, the opportunities here are few. it saddens me that for a lot of young men, they feel they have to choose the military- either to pay for an education as even a state education in these parts is far out of reach for most, or to enlist outright just to have a job. so the choices they are making are not about politics, its about the only job available. i'm fortunate to live in a state that thinks our veterens are worthy of the respect they deserve and we treat them with honor and dignity, regardless of what we think of the administration during the time that they serve. and i am thankful that because of their sacrifices, most americans have very little understanding of what real war is like- they keep it most of it away from us, off our soil and out of our waters, something not many people in the rest of the world can say!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM

563 posts, read 1,140,983 times
Support our troups- yes. support the illegal wars- absolut no
Our government has been looking out for Isreal more than for our own country. These wars have nothing to do with the US and are all about protecting and supporting Isreal.
Too bad most americans have their heads up you know where and are all gung ho about attacking muslim countries.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,220,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
X2---- Our prayers are with him, and them.

Thank you Sir.....

Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
To you, your family and your brother...THANK YOU!....*salute*
and thank you too.....it is much appreciated.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
+3

Best of luck to your brother.

and thank you too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies