Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
An identity built off of oppression.
Do you have anything to back you up or is this something you're making up as you go along?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
In the context of this thread, where is Webb talking about Christian values? From what I'm seeing he's calling for a smaller government. Do you have a problem with that? If so, why?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 PM

To add about Webb, from his site (http://davidwebbonline.com/About.html - broken link)...

"Active in politics on the local and national level, David co-founded TeaParty365 in New York City, a non-partisan, non-profit advocacy group for fiscal responsibility. He is also the co-founder of the Black Forum, Black Republican Forum and American Forum Series. He has consulted the Coalition For A Secure Drivers License and political campaigns from municipal to gubernatorial."

Before the Tea Party he was already a vocal fiscal conservative- apparently for 20 years now. I want to know what the problem is with folk being fiscal conservatives.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 PM

351 posts, read 533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
In the context of this thread, where is Webb talking about Christian values? From what I'm seeing he's calling for a smaller government. Do you have a problem with that? If so, why?
Well thats his side of the argument(Christian conservatives), so that is not a particular response to the comments he made in this thread.

I dont agree with the smaller government he wants though. Big Government has always been around to stop force smaller state governments to give people like Webb rights and such. He may feel its not needed, but I would not bet against hatred.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-01-2010 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Well thats his side of the argument(Christian conservatives), so that is not a particular response to the comments he made in this thread.
I'm not following. Webb has not posted in this thread. I've linked a vid of him, and other links. I'm not seeing religious anything, but I may have missed it.

Quote:
I dont agree with the smaller government he wants though. Big Government has always been around to stop force smaller state governments to give people like Webb rights and such. He may feel its not needed, but I would not bet against hatred.
Minimizing government is minimizing spending. period. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would be against minimizing spending. Our debt and deficits are out of control. It's not sustainable.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
Do you think that black cannot be racist against other blacks?

Either way, she had an opinion and you disgareed with it. Neither of you have any way to prove your opinion is a fact.
I never attempted to prove that my opinion was "fact".........I simply asked ASKED THE QUESTION, why wouldn't the Tea Party denounce/reject publicly the David Duke endorsement. The person who started this thread apparently got embarrassed because she/he was posting off topic and got called on it.

Bottom line is still: WHY does the Tea Party continue to remain silent regarding the very public endorsement of their movement by David Duke, the nationally known white supremacist? Why does the Tea Party remain silent when they are being publicly and openly supported by stormfront members and the Council of Conservative Citizens? It doesn't make sense that they say NOTHING about these white supremacists supporting their political movement when they have been accused in public of being a white racist movement. It would take very little effot to make a statement denouncing Duke.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
You're such a fibber. lol I'm anti-Sharia law, but that aligns me with Duke? I'm a feminist, so that aligns me with Duke?
Just look at Duke's web site........he does share the political positions of many conservatives in terms of immigration, the national debt, he thinks Al Franken won the election because of "felon votes"......feels that the NBPP is getting a break from the Obama Administration and that they're dangerous. I pointed out all those things and listed the headlines on Duke's web site to support it.

You are continuing to spin. I'm a feminist, too. So what's that got to do with anything?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Again, crazy. You people are just as nuts as Duke. Really, again, cut from the same cloth.

Again, Nitsua started a race baiting thread over the tea party and Duke. She wants to know why Webb denounced a racist member of his organization, but not Duke. I say Duke is just being ignored because he's not a member. But no, it's really because Webb is a racist. He's a black racist against blacks. That's the point of the thread.

I guess I should have linked her thread.
The point was Webb was being inconsistent. The point of the thread was to DISCUSS why the Tea Party did NOT publicly reject David Duke's endorsement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies