Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

But, as your god must've said, "Adore and Worship the Wealthy, forgive their sins and direct your hatred towards the poorest and weakest among us."""[/quote]

Are these your off-topic words? If so, it appears you are pounding Christians pretty hard with your hatred for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Prepaid tracfone gives you 12 months of phone service for $99 - that's less than $9 a month. Certainly the welfare crowd can afford to come up with that on their own.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Getting a bit off topic here, I believe many Christian people actually NEED what they perceive as a sub-class of people to vent about.
After they get done with the 'brown' people I believe it will be the 'poor' more than ever.
Sad.
Yep, good old Media Matters/George Soros race and class warfare. Did you notice that I said your people are the ones who use those two things to keep this war going? I sure hope so.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Peter and Paul....weren't they CHRISTIAN Apostles???? Didn't their leader love and care for the poor???

I love seeing this thread filled by CHRISTIANS with such naked hatred of the poor.....and the thread where SOME say this is a Christian nation.....sure sounds like it is

I'm NOT a Christian, just a working stiff tired of paying for everyone else.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Prepaid tracfone gives you 12 months of phone service for $99 - that's less than $9 a month. Certainly the welfare crowd can afford to come up with that on their own.
I'm sure many of them do.

This ad is aimed at the uninformed or the something-for-nothing types.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Thanks for the real-life fact check. It's as I suspected.

The gov't pays up to $10/month to help poor people pay for a primary phone line (cell or land line). I don't think anyone would argue that a phone in the home isn't essential in the modern world. Corporate vultures then move into take advantage of this discount and spin it to peddle overpriced phone plans to those who can least afford it.
That Natalay is a good worker, isn't she. Fast too.

They sure must be making a pile on their phones, however, because my wife says she has been seeing those adds on her favorite CBS channel for a long time. It isn't the same company that we started out talking about, either.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm sure many of them do.

This ad is aimed at the uninformed or the something-for-nothing types.
Hey, great job of reporting your new find back there. You are fast and good, too.

I have to agree with you about the uninformed and something-for-nothing types and they keep themselves uninformed with little help from anyone else.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say that you failed to read the link and surely failed to see the video since you ran to FactCheck to learn that tax money doesn't fund this program. Yes, the video showed the end of a rate payer's bill with all kinds of bogus charges and even taxes which phone companies have been collecting for years and people never question, just pay them and are thankful for the service they pay for willingly.

Anybody with a mind to think with knows that people do question some of those charges and those same people should be able to reason that those excess charges are being used for something, and in this case it is not for profit.
I first noticed those charges on my phone bill back in the early 90s when I first started working after college. I was disturbed about them now, but even more so now. since that time, those same fees are now applied to my cell phone bill and cable TV bill (maybe internet too). bottom line is there are now more bills where those annoying fees rear their ugly heads due to increased technology whereas it was only one communications bill before and the charged percentages have increased (just like every other tax). I would think that working ppl are tired of being "nickeled and dimed" everytime we read our bills.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,510 times
This is another case of the unscrupulous practices of big business.
They assume (in many cases they are correct) that the poor are uneducated and stupid so they spin ' a great ' deal to make money off the poorest of people.
Illegal? no
Immoral? yes

Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
This is another case of the unscrupulous practices of big business.
They assume (in many cases they are correct) that the poor are uneducated and stupid so they spin ' a great ' deal to make money off the poorest of people.
Illegal? no
Immoral? yes
This is a FEDERAL mandate.. Its the FEDERAL government requiring all cell phone users to be taxed to support the plan.. It has NOTHING at all to do with big business being unscrupulous..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies