U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should FOX NEWS let him go?
yes 15 44.12%
no 19 55.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:16 AM

152 posts, read 185,235 times

Advertisements

So now we criticize people for doing the job they were hired for, instead of
criticizing the ones that have publicly said he will not do the job, he is being paid for, ie
Assistant Secretary of ICE, John Morton.
I just caught the last few minutes of the program. He was drilling Maricopa County Sheriff Joe
Arpaio over statistics.
Geraldo question: "Isn't it true that per 100,000 that crime is down, that rape is down,
etc?"
Maybe Geraldo hasn't read the news lately because it isn't currently available in hispanic. YET.
I view Sheriff Joe Arpaio as an American Hero, like Sheriff Buford Pusser.
The legendary McNairy County sheriff who inspired the movie "Walking Tall."
What would you say to Geraldo Rivera?
I would ask Geraldo Rivera the following:
Read any news lately?
I know I do not need to ask him if he supports "Illegal Aliens", that is obvious.
The only mistake I see that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has made, was accepting an interview with Geraldo
Rivera.

links:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio does the job he was hired for
FOXNews.com - Arizona Sheriff Not Relenting After Court Ruling
FOXNews.com - Arizona Sheriff Launches Immigration Sweep
Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals
FOXNews.com - Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona
Official Buford Pusser Website
BP Home
Geraldo At Large (cannot find video yet but here is his index)
Geraldo At Large - FOXNews.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 AM

18,977 posts, read 15,437,762 times
Ahem

Certainly no fan of him, but Geraldo is actually correct on this, which probably does mean Fox will fire him....

Quote:

The incidence of violent crimes such as murder, rape and aggravated assault was down 5.5% from 2008, and 6.9% in big cities. It fell 2.4% in long-troubled Detroit and plunged 16.6% in Phoenix, despite a perception of rising crime that has fueled an immigration backlash.
Quote:
In Phoenix, police spokesman Trent Crump said, "Despite all the hype, in every single reportable crime category, we're significantly down." Mr. Crump said Phoenix's most recent data for 2010 indicated still lower crime. For the first quarter of 2010, violent crime was down 17% overall in the city, while homicides were down 38% and robberies 27%, compared with the same period in 2009

Arizona's major cities all registered declines. A perceived rise in crime is one reason often cited by proponents of a new law intended to crack down on illegal immigration. The number of kidnappings reported in Phoenix, which hit 368 in 2008, was also down, though police officials didn't have exact figures.
Violent-Crime Rate Falls Again, FBI Reports - WSJ.com

Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,814,273 times
WSJ is FOX- they're both owned by Newscorp.
Geraldo is libertarian.
Sheriff Joe- don't let it go to your head.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:19 AM

152 posts, read 185,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahem

Certainly no fan of him, but Geraldo is actually correct on this, which probably does mean Fox will fire him....

Violent-Crime Rate Falls Again, FBI Reports - WSJ.com
Statistics isn't the issue, the issue is criticizing Sheriff Joe Arpaio for doing his job.
The statistics are mere proof Sheriff Joe Arpaio is doing his job.
Thank You for the Stat links, thou.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM

22,243 posts, read 15,272,205 times
The public should give FOS "news" their walking papers.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,463,299 times
Why would Fox want to let him go? They're a perfect fit--Rivera hasn't been a legitimate journalist for decades, and Fox doesn't actually report news!

Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,700,460 times
I don't watch him;but as long as he has fans and a viewer base ;that is their decision.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 AM

20,978 posts, read 16,220,558 times
Like every other media outlets, (except for MSNBC) it depends on his ratings.

I personally don't like him.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:50 AM

25,813 posts, read 39,015,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
criticizing the ones that have publicly said he will not do the job, he is being paid for, ie
I just caught the last few minutes of the program. He was drilling Maricopa County Sheriff Joe
Arpaio over statistics.
Geraldo question: "Isn't it true that per 100,000 that crime is down, that rape is down,
etc?"
Maybe Geraldo hasn't read the news lately because it isn't currently available in hispanic. YET.
I view Sheriff Joe Arpaio as an American Hero, like Sheriff Buford Pusser.
The legendary McNairy County sheriff who inspired the movie "Walking Tall."
What would you say to Geraldo Rivera?
I would ask Geraldo Rivera the following:
Read any news lately?
I know I do not need to ask him if he supports "Illegal Aliens", that is obvious.
The only mistake I see that Sheriff Joe Arpaio has made, was accepting an interview with Geraldo
Rivera.

links:
FOXNews.com - Arizona Sheriff Not Relenting After Court Ruling
FOXNews.com - Arizona Sheriff Launches Immigration Sweep
Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals
FOXNews.com - Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona
Official Buford Pusser Website
BP Home
Geraldo At Large (cannot find video yet but here is his index)
Geraldo At Large - FOXNews.com

I feel the same like you...we were talking about it at our home. Crime is down...wow according to Geraldo it means "let all illegals become citizens".

He should talk to the parents or family members of victims of crimes committed by illegals, who should not be here at all. If that was checked that crime couldn't have been committed!!!!!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,279,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
Arpaio over statistics.
Welcome to the real world. It mus be a shock for you to watch a Fox news program where the reporter actually challenges somebody. Maybe FNC is trying to earn some credibility by doing some actual reporting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies