Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As has been pointed out, they were either observed or left evidence, otherwise nobody could have possibly known. Insufficient data, that's why we have courts. But trusting the plaintiff's attorney to present a complete picture of the case is seriously naive.
Aw, come on, lawyers aren't likely to do something that would help them win when it is not really truthful, are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Was the man in his cubicle when the foul Christians prayed over it? Somehow it seems that it has been said that he was gone. Now tell me about this scenario as for the law and satanic people.
You responded to my oldest post on this thread. Do as you have suggested to others and read the thread before commenting. The man was on vacation.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Matthew 6:6 (King James Version)
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I really wish a Christian or two would actually read the book they endorse.
I really wish some would read more, so that they would understand what it is they are quoting.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,021 times
They should follow their own religious advice. Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

With over 200 recognized religions in the US there's a lot of room for people to cause trouble by not respecting others, in the name of their religion. If a few church of satanism members who prayed over a co-workers cubicle got fired, would that get you riled up too?

Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Hey something we have in common! This act, on the surface, wouldn't have bothered me. I've worked with all types of cooks in my time, even ones that believe a zombie came out of a hole and saw his shadow, proving he's son of an old man who lives in the sky who knows everything about everything and everyone, and built the earth (which is only a few thousand years old) in 6 days...

You can believe that lightening is what happens when Zeus gets mad, that a fairy takes your old teeth at night, or that a talking turtle is your spirit guide. BUT, it's best to keep that stuff to yourself while at work. It saves you a lot of grief, including getting fired.
I agree.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Was the man in his cubicle when the foul Christians prayed over it? Somehow it seems that it has been said that he was gone. Now tell me about this scenario as for the law and satanic people.
Respect for someone doesn't just mean being respectful when they are present. Real respect means being respectful even when someone isn't present. These people, whatever their intentions, violated another person's space. They didn't respect boundaries. I don't know if they should have been fired for it, or if another form of discipline would have been more appropriate on the part of the University of Texas, but I know that these people should not have done what they did.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps the firees had committed several other documentable viloations of company policy. Most large agencies like universities, etc have a "progressive discipline policy", where you get disciplined more harshly with each infraction.

Well, they slopped oil over this person's desk, and as was stated quite early in the thread, they apparently left some other evidence.
So if someone was eating KFC and got some finger lickin' goodness on my desk, I was harassed?

Old 08-02-2010, 02:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You responded to my oldest post on this thread. Do as you have suggested to others and read the thread before commenting. The man was on vacation.
The woman was on vacation.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, I'm not angry but frustrated at your typical poor xian posts.
Don't tell me what I can and cannot do/say.
Your question was answered at least twice and yet you continued ...
Show me where I did this? I simply asked if you can type the word /s Christ and/or Christian and you got all Single White Female on me. Whatever.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The woman was on vacation.
Good lord. The article says "co-worker." I responded to someone calling him/her a man. Not sure how you know it was a woman, but it makes no difference now does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies