Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"Pursuant to inquiry from Central office regarding the status of the applicants’ [Lolo Soetoro] spouses’ child by a former marriage.

The person in question is a united states citizen by virtue of his birth in Honolulu, Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961. He is living with the applicants’ spouse in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is considered the applicants step-child..."

it's the second paragraph and the highlighted part of the link. next to and under the state dept logo.

did you honestly miss it ????
No I didn't honestly miss that. However, I had accepted the place of birth, other than to keep lefties excited long ago. I still wonder about his name of enrollment in Occidental and his country of citizenship at that time. Do you suppose the State Department has checked that out yet? I sure hope not since he has sealed records like that since he enrolled there. I am very glad to see that the State Department got their info before the sealing of his birth certificate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously?! You post links to all kinds of nonsense on a regular basis and then follow them up with multiple posts imploring the rest of us to read them. Really strange that you would not follow you own oft repeated advice to "read the linked material."
If I hadn't seen that part it has been pointed out to me twice so I guess some people aren't like others since they did that and all you managed was to play your normal game. I love to play though, so keep at it.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
roysoldboy . honestly, was there a way i could have linked things better ?

obviously we all have our own opinion on a multitude of subjects which is why when i post a link i'd like it to be clear and on topic.

so.... ?
Well, even I found the part you mentioned so I guess it was linked ok. Actually I found it somewhat humorous that this hadn't surfaced a year or two ago.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And what exactly does this prove? You can't read over half of what that FOI says. The article says nothing at all.
Actually it proves several things.

1st and foremost, that the State Department investigated Obama's citizenship back when he was just a little boy and verified he was a citizen born in Hawaii. You will note that among the documents offered in the FOIA response were his mother's birth certificate, marriage certificate and first divorce decree. The cover letter indicates several other documents were withheld, to include (it appears) the documents they used to make this determination. Without doubt, one of them was Obama's own BC.

2nd, it proves that the Birther claim that Obama lost his citizenship on his mother's to Lolo Soetoro is absurd, since she never lost her American citizenship herself.

3rd, it proves that Lolo did not adopt Obama either. He is specifically referred to by the State Department as Lolo's "step son."

There's three things right there. If you're struggling with reading parts of the FOIA response, tough. There are many parts that are perfectly clear. The State Department's determination of Obama's citizenship is one of them.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What I really wonder is what was his name when he enrolled in Occidental and what was his registered country of citizenship at that time. .
according to the school, barack obama from the US.

what you are repeating is an april fools day joke about obama going to occidental on the fulbright scholarship. if you don't want to appear a fool.... best not to repeat april fools day jokes as facts.

the "loss of citizenship" concept is based on the idea that obama lost and/or gave it up in indonesia. couple problems with that:

A: no one else can renounce your US citizenship. not your mother, not your father, not your step father....... nobody. nor does any action they take affect your US citizenship.

B: to renounce your citizenship you have to do it in person and prove that you have a complete understanding of the legal ramifications of what you are doing and the consequences of those actions without being under the influence/persuasion of any other person. not only do i highly doubt this would happen to someone age 6-10............. i can't find ANY time it has happened to ANY person that age for ANY country.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
No I didn't honestly miss that. However, I had accepted the place of birth, other than to keep lefties excited long ago. I still wonder about his name of enrollment in Occidental and his country of citizenship at that time. Do you suppose the State Department has checked that out yet? I sure hope not since he has sealed records like that since he enrolled there. I am very glad to see that the State Department got their info before the sealing of his birth certificate.
So you are guilty of inflammatory posts, of trolling. Isn't that rules here on c-d??

Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I tired of looking at those FOIA things in that Lolo Soetoro seemed to show up at the top left of all of them. Is there somewhere in there that shows that the State Department was interested in Barry Soetoro back there in 1967? I have to wonder what caused that interest in a small child. There must have been a reason for all of that interest and this calls up more reason for a conspiracy of some kind.
Well, that's what you get for your short attention span. You miss stuff.

Lolo was applying for a hardship return to the US rather than having Ann and her son move to Indonesia. As part of investigating the issue of the "hardship" the State Department specifically inquired in an August 27, 1967 memo, to whit:
Quote:
There is nothing in the file to document the status of the spouse's son. Please inquire into his citizenship and residency status and determine whether or not he is the applicant's child within the meaning of Section 101(b)(1)(6) of the act, who may suffer exceptional hardship within the meaning of Section 212(e).
The September 14th memorandum was in response to that request. It reads:
Quote:
Memo to file
A 14 128 294
Sept. 14, 1967

Pursuant to inquiry from Central office regarding the status of the applicants’ [Lolo Soetoro] spouses’ child by a former marriage.

The person in question is a united states citizen by virtue of his birth in Honolulu, Hawaii Aug. 4, 1961. He is living with the applicants’ spouse in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is considered the applicants step-child, within the meaning of Sec. 101(b)(1)(B), of the act, by virtue of the marriage of the applicant to the childs’ mother on March 15, 1965.

W. L. Mix

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't find Obama's birth certificate in all that crap.
Of course not. He's still alive. They can't share that with you.

They did include Stanley Ann's though.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, I saw that but what was his name at the time?
Actually, that was covered in the release of Stanley Ann's passport applications that took place a couple days ago.

His name was Barack Hussein Obama.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
No I didn't honestly miss that. However, I had accepted the place of birth, other than to keep lefties excited long ago. I still wonder about his name of enrollment in Occidental and his country of citizenship at that time. Do you suppose the State Department has checked that out yet?
Why would the State Department care about his college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
I sure hope not since he has sealed records like that since he enrolled there. I am very glad to see that the State Department got their info before the sealing of his birth certificate.
Another Birther lie that never dies. Not a single Obama document has ever been sealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies