Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times

Advertisements

Dems were solidly against all of the tax cuts when they were passed. I think they should stick to their principles, come out before Nov and reaffirm their opposition to all the cuts and make it clear that they will not be extended for anyone. Then let the chips fall where they may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
By "deal with it" I assume you mean he had to either sign it or veto it?
No, he only signed it into law, after he got some of the provisions he wanted passed in Congress.

But yes, it was something forced onto him...even tho it was completely the concoction of neo-con repugs.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Dems were solidly against all of the tax cuts when they were passed. I think they should stick to their principles, come out before Nov and reaffirm their opposition to all the cuts and make it clear that they will not be extended for anyone. Then let the chips fall where they may.
They have already done that....and most Americans agree. They don't want to see our national deficit go up anymore.

Keep 'em coming this is fun.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
An academic thinks we should let the tax cuts expire.
Meanwhile, ACTUAL BUSINESS OWNERS tell Obama and Congress what is needed to begin to restore jobs:
http://www.uschamber.com/assets/uscc/100713_jobs_openletter_ad.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
An academic thinks we should let the tax cuts expire.
Meanwhile, ACTUAL BUSINESS OWNERS tell Obama and Congress what is needed to begin to restore jobs:
http://www.uschamber.com/assets/uscc/100713_jobs_openletter_ad.pdf (broken link)
Umm, well Obama and the Dems proposed huge incentives to get small buisinesses to start hiring again, I believe it was even supported by the Chamber....and what did the Repugs do? Filibuster and killed the bill.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
The lower rungs spend the money they get trough tax cuts while the upper rungs who already earns alot of money regardles of tax cuts saves most of it instead and spending is what is needed.
Saves it? Where? On a shelf? In a closet? In a mattress? Where do you think that saved money is going?

This ought to be good.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:52 AM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
They have already done that....and most Americans agree. They don't want to see our national deficit go up anymore.

Keep 'em coming this is fun.
Can you post a link to that? Last I heard BHO still wanted to fulfill his oft-repeated campaign promise to extend the cuts for some...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM
C.C

Quote:
No, he only signed it into law, after he got some of the provisions he wanted passed in Congress.

But yes, it was something forced onto him...even tho it was completely the concoction of neo-con repugs.
Oh, I think I'm starting to understand - I guess I was under the mistaken impression that he could have vetoed it...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsayer2 View Post
tax receipts are down, because people are out of work and not earning money to be taxed.....do you think that letting the cuts expire, which will make more jobs go away, is really a smart thing?????
Yes, they do.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Umm, well Obama and the Dems proposed huge incentives to get small buisinesses to start hiring again, I believe it was even supported by the Chamber....and what did the Repugs do? Filibuster and killed the bill.
One word for you: PayGo
Obama and the Dems wouldn't pay for it. Republicans are calling on Obama and the Dems to be truthful. Guess what? Obama and the Dems can't even hold themselves to their own PayGo rule.

YouTube - Obama "Pay Go"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies