U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
 
8,632 posts, read 9,147,517 times
Reputation: 2403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Germany's economy is recovering faster than any other in the western world.
It is the second largest export nation (used to be Nr.1 before China took over in 2009), not too bad for a nation of lazy people.
when did i call germans lazy? I am German, I dont know what this post means, except to say germany is moving in the opposite direction that the left in this country wants to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
1,805 posts, read 1,935,854 times
Reputation: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I think the reality is, most United States liberals want us to be like Sweden... not a communist collective, but not exactly a free-enterprise system either.

Liberals, by and large, are not self-confident, self-starting people. They do not feel sure enough in their own abilities to succeed and make something of themselves. They need a 100% guarantee in life that they will be able to live well regardless of what happens. The liberal philosophy is easy to agree with... I mean of course guaranteed safety nets sound great in life, but at what cost? At who's cost? This is always where the dividing line occurs between conservatives and liberals.

My belief though, (I am not a liberal) is that most liberals want us to mimic a European way of life.
Better that than the Mexican way of life LMAO!

I am just dying for our country to have a tiny middle-class and a economy controlled by drug cartels!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Europe
2,735 posts, read 2,146,943 times
Reputation: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I know this is unrelated but im tired of hearing about europe. Do you know how much the us has done for them? Without us they would ALL be speaking german. There way of life only exists cuz of the brave americans who liberated half that continent from the nazi rule. Without us and are huge military budget it would be a 3rd world continent ruled by either russian or german dictators. Im a jew whose family was in the holocaust so to all the liberal jews out there think about where you would be without America. Would you be where you are now or would your whole family be dead?
And I am tired of people of today(!!!) that think they have saved my(!!!) life.
YOU did not anything to help me or my family.
You were not one of the brave americans as you state it.
I thank the brave americans from then but no one from today that thinks he has anything to do with anything that happened during that time.
After WWII it was the european people that worked their asses off to build their countries again and achieve great economic growth. Seriously, show some respect!

Also, I am tired when people bash European countries even if many of the EU countries have a great standard of living and great economies despite all the "lazy" people that only abuse the "socialist" state. Like, wtf? Read some articles about Europeans standard of living, about the GDP numbers.
Some people think no one works here because there is no opportunity to achieve higher wages (you know, they think we are 100% socialist and no one can achieve a higher level).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Europe
2,735 posts, read 2,146,943 times
Reputation: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I said sweden not france and germany. And neither france or germany are countries nearly the size of america. We saved frances ass twice in the last 100 years. And without are occupation germany would have to spend a lot more money on there own military.

Again, what does military spending by the government(!!!) has to do how the private market is doing great? How Germany's companys are doing great and how the people here work hard? I thought in socialist societies people are lazy and abuse their social systems?

YOU did not save anyones ass and what does that have to do with a thriving economy? Ill make it simpler for you:
The argument is, that socialist countries generate lazy people that don't want to work. But, as evidence shows countries like Germany are one of the leading countries when it comes to innovation, exports, GDP, standard of living etc.

Germany with a popualtion of 82 Million is by far a small country, of course it is smaller than the US, but then, most countries are.
But Germany is the opposite of what Sweden is and still, both countries have similar social security systems afaik.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,997,336 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if you know why the communist experiment in Russia failed. I think it could be because they never got beyond the Dictatorship of the Proletariat which will always be the outcome when the grand experiment is attempted.

You can keep on saying greed is the reason but only lefties think like that. I think that once a dictator settles in he just won't do as the communists said would happen. They say the state will wither and die once the people learn to live in the peace that communism gives them. I say that when a government is that all powerful it won't be dying very soon.

Why do I see a Dictatorship of the Proletariat coming for us? Maybe because labor unions are having so much say about what our national government is doing and planning to do.
The communist experiment failed because free enterprise was not allowed to take place. Not because of "wealth distribution" as many think.

That, and the excessive spending, backed by the rest of the world, that the United States spent on military expenses, that Russia had to match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Land of Thought and Flow
8,323 posts, read 13,466,577 times
Reputation: 4884
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if you know why the communist experiment in Russia failed. I think it could be because they never got beyond the Dictatorship of the Proletariat which will always be the outcome when the grand experiment is attempted.
I feel the same way as you. They never made it past the dictatorship of the proletariat stage. It is supposed to be a transitional state, the in-between stage persay. It is because they could not move any further through the change that they ended up collapsing. Greed is why they never moved forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You can keep on saying greed is the reason but only lefties think like that.
So you're a lefty now? How peculiar. On one hand you say that only lefties think that greed was the reason then say:

Quote:
I think that once a dictator settles in he just won't do as the communists said would happen.
The dictator (or really, the entire regime) was greedy for power. That refusal to give up power is an element of greed.

Quote:
They say the state will wither and die once the people learn to live in the peace that communism gives them. I say that when a government is that all powerful it won't be dying very soon.
Personally, I don't see the government going away even in a perfect communist state. Instead, there would be a fair and just government to maintain checks and balances. That would be in a utopian society. In human practices, the greed for power and money can and does make such a utopia impossible.

Quote:
Why do I see a Dictatorship of the Proletariat coming for us? Maybe because labor unions are having so much say about what our national government is doing and planning to do.
You see it coming because of one minor detail: For the most part, we already have a Dictatorship of the Proletariat.

Is it a bad thing? I'm not sure, myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
 
531 posts, read 274,339 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
And I am tired of people of today(!!!) that think they have saved my(!!!) life.
YOU did not anything to help me or my family.
You were not one of the brave americans as you state it.
I thank the brave americans from then but no one from today that thinks he has anything to do with anything that happened during that time.
After WWII it was the european people that worked their asses off to build their countries again and achieve great economic growth. Seriously, show some respect!

Also, I am tired when people bash European countries even if many of the EU countries have a great standard of living and great economies despite all the "lazy" people that only abuse the "socialist" state. Like, wtf? Read some articles about Europeans standard of living, about the GDP numbers.
Some people think no one works here because there is no opportunity to achieve higher wages (you know, they think we are 100% socialist and no one can achieve a higher level).
I never said europeans were lazy i said we saved your ass. I don't think i had anything to do with it but the american war effort did. Ha;f my family was in Europe at the time in the camps. I thank America cuz without them yes my family would be dead. You show respect not me. Stop ignoringthe dact that we saved your asses. I don't think you owe us and espesially not me a thing. Im tired of hearing Europeans bad mouth America thats all. They act like its a coinsadince there not under German rule. Yes America did help you and your family. I have nothing against Europe but against europeans and liberal americans who bash America and act like we should be more like Europe. Yes it gets me very upset. Also im tired of Europeans thinking i care about there opinion on what America should do. I have nothing against Europe and im sure theres plenty of hard working people, and again i never said europe was lazy and if I did i take it back. Stop being so against America and its evil wars without taking a look into your own history.

Ps. I don't know you and at this point I am in no way grouping you with those people. You could be the opposite of what i described.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
 
531 posts, read 274,339 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Again, what does military spending by the government(!!!) has to do how the private market is doing great? How Germany's companys are doing great and how the people here work hard? I thought in socialist societies people are lazy and abuse their social systems?

YOU did not save anyones ass and what does that have to do with a thriving economy? Ill make it simpler for you:
The argument is, that socialist countries generate lazy people that don't want to work. But, as evidence shows countries like Germany are one of the leading countries when it comes to innovation, exports, GDP, standard of living etc.

Germany with a popualtion of 82 Million is by far a small country, of course it is smaller than the US, but then, most countries are.
But Germany is the opposite of what Sweden is and still, both countries have similar social security systems afaik.
Your mistaking me with other posters. I never said Europeans are lazy. I said Europeans have us to thank for the fact there not all dead or under German rule. We did save Europes ass twice look it up. In ww1 on the western front the british lines were almost completely flanked which would have cut britians soldiers from the French. The german stormtroopers made it about 37 miles to paris. Thats when the Marines got involved. Thats just one example in ww1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,610,906 times
Reputation: 3949
Just as an aside, did anybody else notice which of the two versions of this thread actually used competent punctuation and capitalization in its heading?



Right wingers.......What's your end game?

vs.

Liberals........whats your end game




Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Europe
2,735 posts, read 2,146,943 times
Reputation: 638
[quote=Blewcas;15317699]I never said europeans were lazy i said we saved your ass. I don't think i had anything to do with it but the american war effort did. Ha;f my family was in Europe at the time in the camps. I thank America cuz without them yes my family would be dead. You show respect not me. Stop ignoringthe dact that we saved your asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I thank the brave americans from then but no one from today that thinks he has anything to do with anything that happened during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I don't think you owe us and espesially not me a thing. Im tired of hearing Europeans bad mouth America thats all. They act like its a coinsadince there not under German rule. Yes America did help you and your family. I have nothing against Europe but against europeans and liberal americans who bash America and act like we should be more like Europe. Yes it gets me very upset. Also im tired of Europeans thinking i care about there opinion on what America should do. I have nothing against Europe and im sure theres plenty of hard working people, and again i never said europe was lazy and if I did i take it back. Stop being so against America and its evil wars without taking a look into your own history.

Ps. I don't know you and at this point I am in no way grouping you with those people. You could be the opposite of what i described.
And I am tired of Americans reminding Europeans how "they saved our asses" everytime we criticize the USA of 2010(!!!).
Should people like me that were born decades after WWII thank people that had nothing to do with WWII? No, you even said it yourself. I doubt there is a big number of american soldiers still alive, and if so, then I'd thank them personnally for saving my family back then but I definitely have NO OBLIGATION to thank young Americans from today.

Also, I have nothing to do with the start of WWII so I can definitely speak my mind about unjusted wars that the US have started in the last decade.
By your logic, you'd have to look into europeans evil wars since your family was from europe. But that is dumb since neither you nor me have anything to do with past wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top