Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
You're right about the right wanting smaller government and less involvement, but not entirely for the reasons you elude to. There are some Democratic corporate shills, but not nearly as many on the right whose quasi-governcorporation ideology reeks like that of a hog farm.

The rhinos of the republican party pretend to be on the right, but in fact are in their own politics, they just use the lie of being on the right like the democrats use the lie they are for the working person. Having run for an office at one time, I met the scum on both sides of the political isle. If you really think the corporate rhinos or any part of the democrat party cares about you, keep being the grass as they keep being the lawnmower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 02:09 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig. So the question is and it is a serious question, I expect civil responses.........what is the end game where does it end? We know that you are very willing and eager to increase spending to the "Bailouts", you think the "wealthy" are keeping next to nothing of their own money and Corporations are obligated to pay back the "gifts" the government much more than they were . So, when you have brought the average american down to losing their homes, not having a job, and bringing turmoil to their families. Over spent billions on the military and lost unimaginable numbers of our heros in uniform to a war that should never been in iraq to an acceptable level and levied the maximum against the corporations,then what? Is there a point where you say all is good? Where do you go next? Do you lower the definition of working? In your minds what does the perfect scenario look like? Is there a point where you think Government would be to big? Where and how does it end?

OK, here's the plan, but you have to promise to not tell anyone. First we clone Jimmy Carter by the hundreds and, wherever possible, get the Carter clones elected to governorships in small states and left-leaning congressional districts across the country. At the same time, infiltrate the ranks of the Democratic Party and work to get the Carter clones nominated by the Party for high offices. If all goes well, the Carter Clones should win one presidential race about every twenty years. When that happens, the negative effects of the Carter clone terms should leave such a terrible taste in the mouthes of ordinary Americans that they will vote Republican over and over to keep the next Carter clone out.

So how do you think the program is working so far with our current Carter clone?

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™

Ah yes, forty-five percent and falling...right on schedule.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 AM

90 posts, read 87,347 times
Quote:
Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig. So the question is and it is a serious question, I expect civil responses.........what is the end game where does it end? We know that you are very willing and eager to increase spending to the "Bailouts", you think the "wealthy" are keeping next to nothing of their own money and Corporations are obligated to pay back the "gifts" the government much more than they were . So, when you have brought the average american down to losing their homes, not having a job, and bringing turmoil to their families. Over spent billions on the military and lost unimaginable numbers of our heros in uniform to a war that should never been in iraq to an acceptable level and levied the maximum against the corporations,then what? Is there a point where you say all is good? Where do you go next? Do you lower the definition of working? In your minds what does the perfect scenario look like? Is there a point where you think Government would be to big? Where and how does it end?
Damn, I woke up this morning and almost gagged on all the words that had been stuffed into my mouth.

I offer that you post a legitimate question if you want a legitimate response, and no, this is not legitimate.

For example, if y ou had just asked what is the end games, I might have responded.

Conservatives are about preserving and enhancing American freedom, excellence, prosperity and role as the keeper of the flame of freedom for all the world to see and follow.

This is done by following the absolute brilliance of our Founding Fathers as embodied is the US Constitution (prior to the damaging amendments and court decisions, such as the expansion of the "interstate commerce" clause, adoption of the income tax, and modification of method of picking members of U.S. Senate).

In order to accomplish this we need to roll back the federal government to a size and jurisdictional reach of about 20% of it's current size, and reintroduce the states, which gave birth to the federal government in the first place, as the primary providers of governance.

But of course this answer would have been to a legitimate, non-smarmy OP.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
I thought the OP was going somewhere else with this. But I'd like to know where right-wingers think this country will in 20, 50, 100 years if they had their way?

Continued incentives and deregulation for big business, cut spending on Gov't programs, low taxes, tough immigration policy, a hawkish military, and intolerant social programs.

How would this leave us? I see a tiny minority of super-rich; culturally segregated non-communities; decreasing political allies internationally, appalling pollution and environmental disasters; and a country not worth caring about.

Can someone on the right describe a different scenario?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig.
Nope, that straw man did not work. I believe you are thinking of Neocons like Bush, McCain and Graham, they love big government. I'm not for big government, so start all over, and try again.

BTW, my end game is a government that works for the people, not a government the people work for.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,439 times
If we had our way, lets see....

People would be held accountable for their own actions. On the same hand, people would succeed or fail by their own merits not the color of their skin. People would be able to enjoy many rights that were granted to us, but have since then been taken away or suppressed.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I agree that is what the left wingers do, not the right. The right wants a smaller government and less involvement. Let people be accountable for their own decisions, if they got themselves into trouble let them find a way to deal with the consequences.
Your exactly right. I'm a Democrat, and I know the difference between the two parties and you nailed conservatism right on target. I'm not sure what the OP is getting at? I'm a little confused.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
United States Department of Homeland Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Letting people be accountable for their own decisions doesn't mean the same thing when a republican think tank authors catastrophic policy/ legislation?
You think the Department of Homeland Security was a catastrophic policy? Merging departments together to work more efficient is a catastrophic policy in your mind?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Your exactly right. I'm a Democrat, and I know the difference between the two parties and you nailed conservatism right on target. I'm not sure what the OP is getting at? I'm a little confused.
I don't think he knows, it seems like he is running on some sort of a nonsensical talking points list.

On the one hand he claims right-wingers want big government, then he lists 5 or so big government programs that right-wingers supposedly want to eliminate. The entire post is ludicrous to say the least. The straw man he created is missing a few body parts.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think he knows, it seems like he is running on some sort of a nonsensical talking points list.

On the one hand he claims right-wingers want big government, then he lists 5 or so big government programs that right-wingers supposedly want to eliminate. The entire post is ludicrous to say the least. The straw man he created is missing a few body parts.
That's what I thought - Just recently I wrote a paper for my poly sy class on abortion. My whole topic viewpoint was that while Conservatives believe in having a small government and figure out things on their own, but they want the government to tell women what they can and can't do to their own bodies leading to a contridiction.

Anyway, I know I'm off topic by spewing that out and I'm not looking for a debate or argument just stating that OP's got it all wrong. Maybe he just has the parties confused? Thinking a Democrat is a Republican and vice versa? It wouldn't be the first time someone had it backwards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies